Comic Book Question of the Week: Which DC Character Deserves a Feature Film?

• 67 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (44235 posts) - - Show Bio

DC and Warner Bros. are finally getting around to establishing a shared cinematic universe. It was quite a wait, but we're finally going to see Superman and Batman together on the big screen. While that's obviously all kinds of exciting, we can't help but look beyond that as well. As we all know, there's so many more iconic characters who are worthy of not only appearing in a film, but also starring in one.

They're obviously aiming to boost Flash's popularity (Flashpoint was turned into an animated film, he's appearing in Arrow and later receiving his own pilot) and reports claim he's the next Justice Leaguer to get a film. However, is he the character you'd want to see for DC's next solo movie? If you were calling the shots, who would you push for and why? That's what we want to know this week, so click the link below and get your vote on.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!

The poll will remain open until Thursday morning (ET). Once it's locked, a new article will go live with the results and more. If you want to go the extra mile, go ahead and get your elaboration on. Who deserves that feature film and why? Who'd play as the lead? Would it be an origin story or continue a story from another movie? So on and so on. Make it awesome enough and we just may highlight it if it's about the poll's winner! Check the homepage Thursday to see the results and more!

Staff
#1 Posted by deadshot1 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman or Green Arrow for me

#2 Posted by reaperOnyx (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash would be cool.

#3 Posted by Captain13 (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman win, which i support, but i have to vote Green Lantern, even though WB is afraid of the property. John Stewart deserves his own movie.

#4 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21868 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing

#5 Posted by Ironshinobi88 (1199 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg ( DC version of Iron Man?) It could work.
Flash ( would be awesome)
Wonder woman ( 300+MOS) would be an epic Greek tale.
Aquaman- only way that would work is if they did an Atlantis version of Avatar. Have a human come to Atlantis and go from there.

#6 Posted by Tohoma (1438 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by deadshot1 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Think aquaman would be good if it took note from Thor. Asgard under water

#8 Edited by Captain13 (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

@ironshinobi88: iron man works because of tony stark's personality. cyborg is written as a sad sack right now. not the same. it would take a lot of changes to work. gotta use the cartion's personality and the jeremy roberts redesign to bring in the ladies and wish fulfillment. then you have to construct a story and villain from almist scratch because Geoff Jihns has not developed the character well...

#9 Edited by The Stegman (24407 posts) - - Show Bio

The answer is Wonder Woman

#10 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (10567 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman directed by Zack Snyder

#11 Posted by agentarkham (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Think aquaman would be good if it took note from Thor. Asgard under water

Agreed. But better as a grizzled, one handed champion of Atlantis? Or the clean cut new 52 running?

#12 Posted by ThreadPool (99 posts) - - Show Bio

The correct answer is Wonder Woman. WONDER. WOMAN.

#13 Posted by kriminal (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Plastic man

#14 Edited by deadshot1 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentarkham: I'm partial to the beard and one hand but they would go with clean cut.

#15 Edited by Omega-Man (762 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman needs a movie more than any leaguer including ones who haven't had movies like Flash, why? Wonder Woman has been on the bench for a movie for decades. Plus it's about time we got a super heroine movie people deserve. And it steps away from marvel if they do it right also, since Marvel don't have any lasting effects of female heroes in their current movieverse. Wonder Woman can be the game changer. Plus it's about time we all got a female hero movie that was great, instead of the crappy comic movies with female heroes we have had. (Catwoman, Elecktra, Supergirl shivers at all of them) And one of the better comics of the new 52 is Wonder Woman mainly due to the complex characters and personalities and I don't mean Just Wonder Woman her supporting cast and villains are all interesting in her comic series.

#16 Posted by fables87 (1003 posts) - - Show Bio

I think most people want to see a Wonder Woman movie. If you want anything before her, your fooling yourself. She's got to be the only big time hero (hell cultural icon) that's never had a movie. GET ON IT HOLLYWOOD!

#17 Posted by A_Dork_Defiant (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Saint Walker.

Oh - wait...

#19 Posted by zj (44 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be happy to see a film starring any of the following:

Aquaman

Wonder Woman

Booster Gold

Entrigan

#20 Posted by bartimpulseallen (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Any of the Teen Titans

#22 Posted by sasquatch888 (341 posts) - - Show Bio

wonder woman

#23 Edited by BeautifulTemptress (238 posts) - - Show Bio

#24 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#25 Posted by TrueMarvel (198 posts) - - Show Bio

John Stewart should have gotten a movie before Hal Jordan imo

#26 Edited by mettlekm (417 posts) - - Show Bio

S.H.A.Z.A.M.

#27 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Zatanna would be the most fun one to make and would grab a lot more peoples attention since it's not solely superhero base

#28 Posted by Gotham331 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

I can go with Wonder Woman. But I would really like to see Aquaman for some reason

#29 Edited by 2cool4fun (1367 posts) - - Show Bio

What about hawkman?

#30 Posted by timelord (713 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see a Martian Man Hunter movie. I doubt it would happen though maybe a TV show where he sets the JLA to take on the Justice Leauge?

#31 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4573 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman, Zatana, Swamp Thing

Plastic Man?

#32 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

So many to choose from. My top ten:

1. Wonder Woman
  2. Cyborg
  3. Black Canary
  4. Renee Montoya (Question)
  5. Hawkgirl
  6. Booster Gold
  7. Rocket
  8. Static
  9. Amanda Waller
  10. Katana
  11. etc.

EDIT: Oh, and Batwing would be a great film if it was Zavimbe vs. Massacre. Maybe don't even call it Batwing and just call it "dragonfly" or "dragonflies" after his and his brother's nickname when he was a kid.

#33 Edited by cjrb08 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

The Green Lantern John Stewart... I mean why not?? He's a strong character, and he was popular in the Justice League animated series... Plus the movies need more diversity. And he's an established character.

#34 Edited by GeekOfKrypton (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Wonder Woman and then Aquaman.

#35 Posted by AsMadAsAHatter (30 posts) - - Show Bio

If they could find someone to portray Wonder Woman *really* well, I would want a Wonder Woman movie. I feel like if it was done right then it would be a really good movie.

#36 Posted by AndyPhifer (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything other than a brooding white man.

#37 Edited by _ANDY_CAN (231 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman : King of Atlantis

If there's a movie like that it'll be so epic

#38 Posted by Captain13 (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

#39 Edited by L3g3ndaryPheonix (166 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash or a wonder woman movie would be good

#40 Edited by TheMantisShrimp (238 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I want to see an Aquaman movie most but I think it would be a better move for DC to do Flash or Wonderwoman next.

#41 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6898 posts) - - Show Bio

AQUAMANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

#42 Posted by bunt947 (375 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman.

#43 Edited by Thor_Ul (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman all the way. The lady deserves.

#44 Posted by Sleepbutnodream15 (570 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman. If they really want to get out of Marvel's shadow in the movie industry, they need to make this, and make it right. The first major female super-heroine with a movie. They just need to make sure the tone isn't one of a superhero movie, but more like that of Greek mythology.

Also, right now, it feels like DC is just playing catch-up with Marvel, but what they really need to do is make this movie universe in their own way. We can't and shouldn't have a Cyborg movie that's like Iron Man, or an Aqua Man movie that's like Thor. It can't just be a bunch of individual superheroes in their own movies, followed by a movie where the heroes come together to take down an alien invasion or whatever. DC has to find a way to differentiate their universe from Marvel's. Superman vs Batman is a really great step in that different direction.

#45 Edited by Sleepbutnodream15 (570 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: Realistically, Wonder Woman is the only on this list that will actually happen. None of the other characters have enough name recognition or comic history to make a good film with.

#46 Edited by Justthatkid (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say first WW, next Aquaman, then the Flash. Aquaman should be portrayed as useful on land so maybe mid movie show Atlantis..

@fodigg: Realistically, Wonder Woman is the only on this list that will actually happen. None of the other characters have enough name recognition or comic history to make a good film with.

Opinion based...

#47 Posted by Nightian (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster Gold!

#48 Posted by akintoussaint (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@sleepbutnodream15 said:

Wonder Woman. If they really want to get out of Marvel's shadow in the movie industry, they need to make this, and make it right. The first major female super-heroine with a movie. They just need to make sure the tone isn't one of a superhero movie, but more like that of Greek mythology.

Not the first.Supergirl beat her to it.Although I understand why people want to forget that movie.

#49 Posted by Knightfall225 (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman!!! Atlantis would look great on the big screen

#50 Posted by Teerack (6331 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Teen Titans, The Flash, Static Shock!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.