Come Play DC Universe Online With Me

• 108 results
Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much just what the title says....I just started playing again today and just made my first Green Lantern character and I thought it would be cool to get as many Viners as I could on one server and in one league...after all if I'm going to play a superhero mmo then I want to play it with comic book fans and really cool people so what better place to find both than here right?

So if you're interested just send a friend invite on PSN to danhimself and let me know who you are on here.

here's a breakdown of the game tiers
#1 Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

bumpity bump bump

#2 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this game good? I really want to get it..

#3 Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

I love it....it's an mmo for a console which I love since I would love to be playing World of Warcraft but I can't do that until I get a better PC....it's a superhero mmo which is just plain awesome....but the best part is that it's a DC Universe mmo so you get to fight alongside DC characters

#4 Posted by Hector (446 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to start playing when it goes F2P so you can add me. PSN: SigmaSpartan

#5 Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hector: will do...I really want to get either a ComicVine league going...I'm thinking of calling it "The Viners" or if I actually get a lot of people maybe a Whiskey Media league which I'm not sure what to call that

#6 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: A comic vine league would be awesome to have. As for picking the lantern powers, blah I have a lantern character i'm going to end up deleting it just can't compete with my ice tank. course what makes a lantern character powerful is comboing everything together if you can do that you'll be good.

#7 Posted by pahphoenix (36 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm stoked for free play.

#8 Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

@pahphoenix: I was until I found out about the limitations they put on free accounts

you only have 2 character slots

28 inventory slots

0 auction slots

12 bank slots

no trading

1500 in game currency max

6 text chat messages per 30 seconds...no voice chat

text only mail...you can't send items or cash

what made me decide to pay over free play was no voice chat and only 2 character slots

#9 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Is that official? And if you currently subscribe then you should be a premium member right? Atleast that's what I've been hearing any truth to that?

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it free now?

#11 Edited by Manchine (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

The game is terrible. If you have a character you have a slim chance you can make him. When it goes to free I might try it again. Nothing has led me to believe anything has changed in it.

#12 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91 said:

@danhimself: Is that official? And if you currently subscribe then you should be a premium member right? Atleast that's what I've been hearing any truth to that?

So long as your subscribed you legendary, when you stop paying you become premium. If you've never paid you're free.
#13 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: thanks for the info man, I'll probably just be premium then since one of the selling points of legendary appears to be expansion packs for free. But who know's when another one will be released.

#14 Edited by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself:

Ah, cool. I'd love that. Only played the game for a month, I'd love to play with Viners, has it gone F2P yet? I'm going to be a Premium, yay!

#15 Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: some time in October

@ReVamp: so send me a PSN invite!!!

#16 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself:I will, but it might take some time though... A Couple of weeks before I can actually get back into it. Question: If I create a new account; Do I stay with a premium account or is does it become free? Oh, whatevs :P

#17 Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: like a new character or a new psn account?...if it's a new character and you're still paying then it's a premium account...if it's a new PSN account then you have to start on that account

#18 Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

I added a breakdown of the game tiers for the game once it goes free to play in October

#19 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@ReVamp: like a new character or a new psn account?...if it's a new character and you're still paying then it's a premium account...if it's a new PSN account then you have to start on that account

I see...

#20 Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

just got my first piece of Tier One armor!

#21 Edited by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

Already playing look for:

The Proven Lv30 Hero

Blackarmor Lv22 Hero

Eon_BWR Lv16 Villian

Grey Shade Lv21 Villian

Kid Crime Lv14 Villian

Arbiter Lv15 Hero

or Blizzard Born Lv5 Hero

and you found me

#22 Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Already playing look for:

The Proven Lv30 Hero

Blackarmor Lv22 Hero

Eon_BWR Lv16 Villian

Grey Shade Lv21 Villian

Kid Crime Lv14 Villian

Arbiter Lv15 Hero

or Blizzard Born Lv5 Hero

and you found me

I think I might have played with Blackarmor this week...though it was a bounty that I'm thinking of so who knows....I'm Emerald Glare...not the best name but man it's hard to think of names for characters and then when you do they're already taken

#23 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself:

Was it against Full House because that sound about right i have been using Blackarmor more than usual lately

#24 Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: oh man I have no idea...I just got to level 30 with that character this weekend and did all the bounties in one day and was playing with a bunch of different people.....I played for a while before the megaservers and just started back up again last week and man did the megaserver make a difference...so many people running around and I'm guessing that it's only going to get better when the free to play kicks in

#25 Edited by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself:

Yeah the megaservers are pretty cool but they made me change Eon's name to Eon_BWR (don't even know what that means). But yeah i was bored and took a bounty out on Full House and there was a Green Lantern guy there, I was expecting to go it alone but about 3 people showed up and helped out while i was loosing if that was you thank

#26 Edited by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: did you get a free name change thinger? Try out this site....it lets you generate a hero or villain name based on powers, colors, and fighting style...that's how I pick mine...it's to dang hard thinking up my own.

if it was me then you're welcome.....I'll have to remember to add your characters to my friend list and then we can meet up and do some duos or alerts or something

#27 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone should create a new thread when the F2P comes out and then we all start on the same server :-)

#28 Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enzeru said:

Someone should create a new thread when the F2P comes out and then we all start on the same server :-)

I don't know what it's going to be like when f2p starts but right now there are only 2 servers....PVE and PVP...that's it

#29 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody have an exact date when F2P will begin? My subscription ran out, and I don't want to buy a new and all, all I've heard is sometime at the end of October. 

#30 Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightwing91 said:

Anybody have an exact date when F2P will begin? My subscription ran out, and I don't want to buy a new and all, all I've heard is sometime at the end of October.

I don't think there's been an exact date announced yet....I was going to wait till f2p as well but then I looked at what you get with a free account compared to a paid account and that made my decision a lot easier....the biggest thing for me was the 1500 gold limit...you can't get anything for that....Soda Cola Extreme for level 30 heals cost 900 gold and then you have repairs...that's your 1500 right there...and with doing raids, alerts, and duos you're going to need a lot more than that

#31 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: Is the 1500 gold limit also in place for a premium accounts? But yeah that gold limit seems especially tough, and it would make raids absolutely impossible to do.
#32 Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightwing91: no the premium accounts get 2000 max gold...which isn't that much better....my advise would be to check out the deal they have now where it's $29.99 every 3 months which is like $9.99 every month which is the same as the yearly subscriptions and I think that deal lasts until November and it should stick for the life of your account as long as you're paying...that's what I did...I figured that was one heck of a deal

#33 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: You mean the legendary plan? Yeah that may just be the best bet over all. 

Yeah to do raids you'll have to do that I'll have to look into it. But the low gold limit makes it so much harder to be effective at this game. 
#34 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself:

Cool site, but whats this about a name changer "thingie" because i really hate having _BWR arbitraily attached to my name

#35 Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@danhimself:

Cool site, but whats this about a name changer "thingie" because i really hate having _BWR arbitraily attached to my name

they should have given you a free name changer when the merger happened...they sent it in a mail message along with some other stuff

#36 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself:

Thanks i'll look for it

#37 Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm half way done with my Tier 1 armor so I should be ready to really start helping out people by the time that F2P starts....I really hope a bunch of you get the game when that happens...would love to play with some Viners

#38 Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

10+ hours of downtime today....ugggghhhhh

#39 Posted by GamerGeek360 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

I was in the beta for this a long time ago and I enjoyed it then but never really played too much. I'll check it out when it goes F2P and hopefully I'll play it some more. I'll be on PC though.

#40 Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

Free to Play starts November 1st!!!!

#41 Posted by Hector (446 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

I added you a while back on PSN. I'll be on Nov 1.

#42 Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hector said:

@danhimself said:

I added you a while back on PSN. I'll be on Nov 1.

awesome! be sure to look for me in game...my name is Emerald Glare there and I'll be more than happy to help you level up

#43 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh the site with the naming generator is too basic

I might check this out in December if any of you guys are still playing XD

#44 Posted by Pbott (210 posts) - - Show Bio

I played it for a wile after launch, it was fun but very flawed and had little depth.

#45 Posted by BloodTalon (430 posts) - - Show Bio

I played a wile back and stopped because I had no 1 to play with and it got boring by my self, so I would love to play again. so if I go back on when it's free do I have to make all new guys and what I already payed count for the second tear of free?

#46 Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

@BloodTalon said:

I played a wile back and stopped because I had no 1 to play with and it got boring by my self, so I would love to play again. so if I go back on when it's free do I have to make all new guys and what I already payed count for the second tear of free?

if you had a paid subscription you'll start off in the second tier and all your characters will still be there...but you'll only have access to 4 of them

#47 Posted by BloodTalon (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Do I get to choose which 4

#48 Posted by Sir_Deadpool (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Going to play with you. Will add you (AND1_Schubert). Tomorrow the game is going free to play so i will be there!

#49 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: How do I sign up or start playing. When I go to the site theres no option to start playing. Is there a link you can send me for the Free Play?

#50 Posted by Sir_Deadpool (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@Larkin1388: just go to the PS store on november 1st and donwload the game. I think you have to creat an account at the start of the game or on the dc universe homepage

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.