Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Cassandra Cain or Katana?

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who is the most famous asian character in DC?

Do you think they are interesting?

What kind of stories would you read about them?

Do you think DC needs more asian characters?

Dr_Cheesesteak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I think some would argue Damian Wayne is the most famous Asian character. But I think that:

1. is a cop-out (he's half-Asian. And Arabic, at that, so not even the "Asian" we're most likely really discussing - East Asian and Southeast Asian) and
    2. shouldn't apply since he's only famous as Robin, not necessarily as Damian Wayne.

I guess I'd have to go w/ Katana as the most famous Asian. She's expanded to more mediums than any other Asian DC character I can think of (again, not counting the al Ghul family).

I think Katana is fairly interesting. I like her as a concept character, but sometimes I feel she can be a bit calloused, depending on who writes her. What little I've read of Cassie Cain I've liked. Though she doesn't necessarily strike me as complex or interesting.

What kind of stories would I want to read them in? I'd like to read GOOD stories! ^_^

As for more Asian characters for DC. Hmm, yeah. Maybe. I'd like to see the female Dr. Light be more prominent. I guess Ryan Choi is never coming back, which is fine by me. Lady Shiva is one of my favorite villains and I like Element Woman. Is August General still around? For some reason I'm thinking he died...

I think DC has a fairly solid stock of Asian characters. None are really marquee names, unfortunately, but they're there.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought they were the same person.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Is not the 2nd Dr. Light Chinese? Sadly she is not well known but if you were looking for more DC Asian heroes there is one.

Would like to get into Katana but I am told her new 52 solo was eh to bad.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.