Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Brutally Honest: DC's 75 Year Old Boys Club?

• 190 results
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#101  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @charlieboy said:
    "there is no way that green lantern and flash are more well known than wonder woman. all of my non geek friends know who wonder woman is. they don't have a clue about green lantern or flash. wonder woman's books many not sell as much but she is definitely more iconic. "

i agree that ww is more iconic  but .....uhh  youre friends dont know who green lantern and flash are T.T
    Brickabrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Brickabrack

While the event is 75 years of history, I think the main reason we see the selected heroes above is because each of them have a movie in the works, while Diana does not.
    Avatar image for xavier_st__cloud
    Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman... That Logo sucks, I am with the girls on this one, she should be there.
    Gothic Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#104  Edited By Gothic Storm

Create a female version on a pink button and give a large amount of the proceeds to breast cancer. The buttons would sell like crazy then. I have several lady friends who love comics, but I know it's still a good 75-80% male genre. I think one with Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Catwoman, and Supergirl would look good on the button. 

Those of you looking for butt shots remember these are silhouettes... sorry.

Perhaps a villain version would also be a cool idea. Lex, Darkseid, Joker, and Sinestro could be on it. Hmm... more male characters. Meh, toss in Harley Quinn next to Joker... everyone knows her jester silhouette.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#105  Edited By No_Name_
    @sagesebas said:
    " @Babs; approximately 70 years ago, or is it exactly 70 years ago? "
    To the day? Approximately.
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @Babs:
    poke
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @Gothic Storm:
    poke
    Rheged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#108  Edited By Rheged
    @Gothic Storm said:

" Create a female version on a pink button and give a large amount of the proceeds to breast cancer. The buttons would sell like crazy then. I have several lady friends who love comics, but I know it's still a good 75-80% male genre. I think one with Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Catwoman, and Supergirl would look good on the button.   Those of you looking for butt shots remember these are silhouettes... sorry.  Perhaps a villain version would also be a cool idea. Lex, Darkseid, Joker, and Sinestro could be on it. Hmm... more male characters. Meh, toss in Harley Quinn next to Joker... everyone knows her jester silhouette. "

O_o 

Oddly, I find I dislike this idea more than having a segregated DC booby pin.
    SAYNTofSYNNERS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By SAYNTofSYNNERS

Why do'nt they just go back to the bullet ,I loved that logo.
    Gothic Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#110  Edited By Gothic Storm
    @Rheged:  Meh, raising money and awareness to fight a world-wide disease isn't for everyone. To each his (or her) own I guess.
    Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#111  Edited By MysterioMaximus

Honestly? I could care less. I've always found Wonder Woman a joke of a character and frankly...is she really as successful anymore as the others? I never quiet even understood why she's considered included in the big three anymore. I can't say I've ever personally met any Wonder Woman fanatic ever. If you're going to throw any DC female on there, I think Catwoman would be a better choice these days. And sexism? Really?...please! Can people focus all that livid rage somewhere...relevant? That's ridiculous. That's like making a mountain out of a molehill. Don't confuse the exclusion of a presently unpopular character, iconic though she may be, with sexism.  Couldn't I just as easily say, "What's wrong with an all-male logo?" ...I find that just as rational. Reverse sexism? 

I can't help but wonder how many people realize that Wonder Woman was (quite literally, not theorized) born out of an S&M perversion of feminine sexual domineering, ergo the lasso in particular. Paved the way for women superheroes, indeed! *snicker* 

But honestly? For histories sake, as much as I dislike her, I'll sign the petition. Only for histories sake.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#112  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Well Flash, GL, Superman, and Batman usually sell better than Wonder Woman

SAYNTofSYNNERS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By SAYNTofSYNNERS
    @Babs:
    You are probably right on the WW logo being better known then the GL logo, but I think that the FLASH logo is probably better known then the WW , as anywhere in the world, you can not go 1000' without seeing a FLASH logo on a T-shirt. 
    The FLASH logo shirt is pretty much the MUFC shirt, of comic hero t-shirts. lol.  
    But WW should be on that badge with BATS, and SUPES , but it should be  just those 3 as that is DC . If they wanted a 4th should be the FLASH. and have GL only if made it 5 characters. Which would be a better looking badge anyway
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

um, you know that's a promotional image and its just 1 in a collection of buttons right?
    they come with the 75th anniversary edition action figures, which Wonder Woman and
    a bunch of other females are included. It's a joint venture between Zazzle and DC, as
    well they're putting out a smorgasbord of merchandise for this staring all their characters.

example...

Hey wait a second...wheres Flash in this 25th Anniversary Zazzle product? THOSE DICKS!!!!
      Hey wait a second...wheres Flash in this 25th Anniversary Zazzle product? THOSE DICKS!!!!

so we can relax now. lol.

Edit: 
    Had to add something, and a few others made a similar comment. No disrespect meant here, okay, but again this is a Zazzle pin we're talking about.
     If this we're something like say a museum exhibit, or the actual company logo, or Supergirls birthday (achoo!), yeah i would get this. I don't really read WW
    even, not my preference, but she is a defining character of not just DC comics but of comics and superhero's period.
    but again...

1. This is a promotional button for a entire series of buttons. Thats all. This thing is intended to get you people to go out and spend $15+ a crack through
        DC Direct to get the 25TH Anniversary Super Powers figurines that these buttons come with, just so you can have the precious Wonder Woman one
        ( and Nightwing, red Tornado, Supergirl, ect, x infinity). That may in fact be part of the reason she's not there, to make her's more rare therefore more 
        sought after. But when you think about it then, do you really want to do Wonder Woman justice by endorsing some cheap marketing gimmick on a
        piece of tin? Think about it
    2. Speaking of piece of tin (which costs a few cents to make, guess what it's going to hit your pocket for?/see figurines above), again this is Zazzle.
         If your not aware of what this company does this is one of those companies that supplies cheap bulk " commercial based " products to stores
         like Halmark (these will actually be at that store BTW), and better yet, Mr.Bulkies, that place that sells plastic whistles and factory floor run-off
         in bins for a dime. Yes they're making buttons, as well as any other crap you could imagine. I'm sure you'll be able to get a coffee mug with whatever
         DC flavor springs to mind. Point is, not really important in the scheme of things, nor important, especially when you consider the fact that Wonder Woman
         is going to be on a flood of products.
    lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

#115  Edited By lostlantern13
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    " Well Flash, GL, Superman, and Batman usually sell better than Wonder Woman "
    Not usually, but lately.

Those are the 4 heroes with multiple titles, top 30 sales, movies or soon to be movies, and cartoons. 

Wonder Woman has her loyal fans, but, at the moment, she can't compare to Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, or Flash. Don't get mad over a button....the button is the least of her worries......turn people onto her comic book, cry and clamor for a movie franchise, and buy her merchandise if you want her to get back in DC's spotlight.
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @lostlantern13 said:

" @Son_of_Magnus said:

Not usually, but lately.  "
    No offense dude...but I'm not going to believe Wonder Woman has ever outsold Superman and especially Batman ever or at the least in the last 20 years!...unless you show me absolute proof, that is.
    Rheged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Rheged
    @Gothic Storm said:
    " @Rheged:  Meh, raising money and awareness to fight a world-wide disease isn't for everyone. To each his (or her) own I guess. "
    Thank you for showing me exactly why I dislike your suggestion even more.  Because basically you are saying, it's okay to be sexist if the money goes to a good cause.  I don't think so.  Nor do I think women (or men) should have to choose between equality and supporting the fight against cancer.

How about selling a pin that shows superheroes, both men and women, as equals, and have the money go to a non-gender specific cancer research?  Is that really so much to ask?
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @MysterioMaximus:
    wait i looked up and ewww you right partially
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:

" @MysterioMaximus said:

"    I can't help but wonder how many people realize that Wonder Woman was (quite literally, not theorized) born out of an S&M perversion of feminine sexual domineering, ergo the lasso in particular. Paved the way for women superheroes, indeed! *snicker*   

bullcrap  you sound like that crazy dude from the 50s "
     http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=7921

Do yourself a favor, do research before you talk. And "that guy" would be Fredric Wertham, whom these facts have nothing to do with. The dude was a bondage sex freak, proven, not some hairbrained Freudian theory Wertham came up with for some ulterior comic-hating motive. I kid you not!

Also check out Superheroes Unmasked by the History Channel for more on Marstons very real sexual fetishism that shone through in early Wonder Woman.

So I reiterate...not many people seem to know about this. But then again, not many people around here seem to know anything about comics pre- 80's.
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @MysterioMaximus:
    uuum ok that was a little much but anyway i already admitted i was wrong scroll up
    Rheged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Rheged
    @MysterioMaximus said:

" Honestly? I could care less. I've always found Wonder Woman a joke of a character and frankly...is she really as successful anymore as the others? I never quiet even understood why she's considered included in the big three anymore. I can't say I've ever personally met any Wonder Woman fanatic ever. If you're going to throw any DC female on there, I think Catwoman would be a better choice these days. And sexism? Really?...please! Can people focus all that livid rage somewhere...relevant? That's ridiculous. That's like making a mountain out of a molehill. Don't confuse the exclusion of a presently unpopular character, iconic though she may be, with sexism.  Couldn't I just as easily say, "What's wrong with an all-male logo?" ...I find that just as rational. Reverse sexism?    I can't help but wonder how many people realize that Wonder Woman was (quite literally, not theorized) born out of an S&M perversion of feminine sexual domineering, ergo the lasso in particular. Paved the way for women superheroes, indeed! *snicker*   But honestly? For histories sake, as much as I dislike her, I'll sign the petition. Only for histories sake. "

I'm not sure why I bother, especially when you've already posted that people that disagree with you are ridiculous, but FYI, Wonder Woman DID pave the way for women super-heroes, no matter what the sexual practices of her creator or her initial origins.  Most people have to see the trail blazers before they even consider doing the same.  Wonder Woman was the first and longest running female super-hero.  Not only did she inspire the creation of plenty of other female super-heroes, but she also brought plenty of women into comics.  Is that something to snicker about?
    lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

#122  Edited By lostlantern13
    @MysterioMaximus said:

" @lostlantern13 said:

" @Son_of_Magnus said:

Not usually, but lately.  "
    No offense dude...but I'm not going to believe Wonder Woman has ever outsold Superman and especially Batman ever or at the least in the last 20 years!...unless you show me absolute proof, that is. "
    I meant WW outselling Flash and GL.

Wouldn't expect WW to outsell Batman and Superman, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it ever happened either.
    Rheged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Rheged
    @CATMANEXE said:

" um, you know that's a promotional image and its just 1 in a collection of buttons right? <snip>

Do you have pics of the rest of the buttons?
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @Rheged said:

" @MysterioMaximus said:

" Honestly? I could care less. I've always found Wonder Woman a joke of a character and frankly...is she really as successful anymore as the others? I never quiet even understood why she's considered included in the big three anymore. I can't say I've ever personally met any Wonder Woman fanatic ever. If you're going to throw any DC female on there, I think Catwoman would be a better choice these days. And sexism? Really?...please! Can people focus all that livid rage somewhere...relevant? That's ridiculous. That's like making a mountain out of a molehill. Don't confuse the exclusion of a presently unpopular character, iconic though she may be, with sexism.  Couldn't I just as easily say, "What's wrong with an all-male logo?" ...I find that just as rational. Reverse sexism?    I can't help but wonder how many people realize that Wonder Woman was (quite literally, not theorized) born out of an S&M perversion of feminine sexual domineering, ergo the lasso in particular. Paved the way for women superheroes, indeed! *snicker*   But honestly? For histories sake, as much as I dislike her, I'll sign the petition. Only for histories sake. "

I'm not sure why I bother, especially when you've already posted that people that disagree with you are ridiculous, but FYI, Wonder Woman DID pave the way for women super-heroes, no matter what the sexual practices of her creator or her initial origins.  Most people have to see the trail blazers before they even consider doing the same.  Wonder Woman was the first and longest running female super-hero.  Not only did she inspire the creation of plenty of other female super-heroes, but she also brought plenty of women into comics.  Is that something to snicker about? "
    And you're not wrong, I find that wonderful despite my personal dislike of the specific character, but it's ironic that she absolutely did birth out of one mans sexual perversions, which I absolutely find something to snicker about. As for first, well that's...inaccurate. I suppose you could say first enduring female or "real" woman superhero, but she wasn't the first. And as for people disagreeing, they're not ridiculous on that notion alone, not at all. They're ridiculous for finding this sexist when it's pretty clear to me...Wonder Woman just doesn't sell like she used to.. which for my knowledge wasn't ever that amazing to begin with, but that I may be incorrect on. I cannot help but find it the opinion of those...looking for a very self righteous soapbox. Sexism is absolutely something to be talked about, but I believe it extremely misplaced here.
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Eyz

No love for Wonder Woman.. :(

Well, I told ya kids had to buy the Wonder Woman animated movie!!!
    But Noooooo! You all had to watch it in streaming or from pirate downloads...well, congratulations guys! This is all because of you!!

Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Amegashita said:
    " @Jordanstine said:
    "
    No Aquaman!?   "
      Blame Family Guy, they ruined his image to the public. 

@johnny spam
    said:
    "A petition is not going to build her up it's people buying her book. "
      QFT.   "
    no, Aquaman ruined his own image.  Any integrity that character had was lost when he and Aqualad had that cartoon where they rode giant sea-horses around and had that dumb little walrus around.
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @Beast_in_the_Shadows said:
    " @Amegashita said:
    " @Jordanstine said:
    "
    No Aquaman!?   "
      Blame Family Guy, they ruined his image to the public. 

@johnny spam
    said:
    "A petition is not going to build her up it's people buying her book. "
      QFT.   "
    no, Aquaman ruined his own image.  Any integrity that character had was lost when he and Aqualad had that cartoon where they rode giant sea-horses around and had that dumb little walrus around. "

u mean Hanna-Barbera ruined his image 

poor AC
    Big

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Big

I don't think that it was an oversight on the part of DC not to include Wonder Woman. Female characters have been well represented in DCU for many years. The logo has only four characters, and the exclusion of a female is not necessarily a slight against female characters or readership.
    DanP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By DanP
    @crusader8463: my bad:( wasn't trying to be as much of a dick as it sounded. I just got a little hurt that you marginalized Wonder Woman without proper facts to back it up. I now realize that your lack of knowledge should make me want to inform you, and not go hostile mode for no reason. so yeah, i hope you can understand my position more clearly as i now understand yours. 
    Rheged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Rheged
    @MysterioMaximus said:

" @Rheged said:

" @MysterioMaximus said:

I'm not sure why I bother, especially when you've already posted that people that disagree with you are ridiculous, but FYI, Wonder Woman DID pave the way for women super-heroes, no matter what the sexual practices of her creator or her initial origins.  Most people have to see the trail blazers before they even consider doing the same.  Wonder Woman was the first and longest running female super-hero.  Not only did she inspire the creation of plenty of other female super-heroes, but she also brought plenty of women into comics.  Is that something to snicker about? "
    And you're not wrong, I find that wonderful despite my personal dislike of the specific character, but it's ironic that she absolutely did birth out of one mans sexual perversions, which I absolutely find something to snicker about. As for first, well that's...inaccurate. I suppose you could say first enduring female or "real" woman superhero, but she wasn't the first. And as for people disagreeing, they're not ridiculous on that notion alone, not at all. They're ridiculous for finding this sexist when it's pretty clear to me...Wonder Woman just doesn't sell like she used to.. which for my knowledge wasn't ever that amazing to begin with, but that I may be incorrect on. I cannot help but find it the opinion of those...looking for a very self righteous soapbox. "

Granted it is ironic, but your snicker should have gone after that sentence, not after the idea of Wonder Woman as a trail blazer.  And yes, you're correct, I should have said the first enduring female super-hero, or first female superhero who made an impact.

Just because YOU think it has nothing to do with sexism and everything to do with sales, doesn't mean that is the case.  I find it amazing that you can't see how this logo can be interpreted as sexist,  but hey, you certainly aren't alone, so I'm not going dismiss your opinion as ridiculous.

I will even go so far as to say that if this had just been a regular DC logo button, I'd probably be of a similar opinion.  But it isn't.  It's a button that is supposedly paying tribute to 75 years of HISTORY -- not sales figures.  You acknowledged this yourself.  DC wants to trade on their history, and is marketing it, but they leave out their iconic _woman_ superhero?  I feel certain, if you asked the general public to name a female super hero, most would answer, Wonder Woman.  THAT is the character you want to leave off your logo?

Am I saying the DC guys got together and purposely decided, let's treat women like crap?  No, not at all.  I'm saying that it appears it is still acceptable in our society to ignore, belittle, or dismiss the contributions and opinions of women, and this logo appears to be an example of that.  I don't think calling people on such behavior is looking for a soapbox.  It's trying to change that attitude.
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @Rheged said:

" @MysterioMaximus said:

" @Rheged said:

" @MysterioMaximus said:

And you're not wrong, I find that wonderful despite my personal dislike of the specific character, but it's ironic that she absolutely did birth out of one mans sexual perversions, which I absolutely find something to snicker about. As for first, well that's...inaccurate. I suppose you could say first enduring female or "real" woman superhero, but she wasn't the first. And as for people disagreeing, they're not ridiculous on that notion alone, not at all. They're ridiculous for finding this sexist when it's pretty clear to me...Wonder Woman just doesn't sell like she used to.. which for my knowledge wasn't ever that amazing to begin with, but that I may be incorrect on. I cannot help but find it the opinion of those...looking for a very self righteous soapbox. "
      Granted it is ironic, but your snicker should have gone after that sentence, not after the idea of Wonder Woman as a trail blazer.  And yes, you're correct, I should have said the first enduring female super-hero, or first female superhero who made an impact.Just because YOU think it has nothing to do with sexism and everything to do with sales, doesn't mean that is the case.  I find it amazing that you can't see how this logo can be interpreted as sexist,  but hey, you certainly aren't alone, so I'm not going dismiss your opinion as ridiculous. I will even go so far as to say that if this had just been a regular DC logo button, I'd probably be of a similar opinion.  But it isn't.  It's a button that is supposedly paying tribute to 75 years of HISTORY -- not sales figures.  You acknowledged this yourself.  DC wants to trade on their history, and is marketing it, but they leave out their iconic _woman_ superhero?  I feel certain, if you asked the general public to name a female super hero, most would answer, Wonder Woman.  THAT is the character you want to leave off your logo? Am I saying the DC guys got together and purposely decided, let's treat women like crap?  No, not at all.  I'm saying that it appears it is still acceptable in our society to ignore, belittle, or dismiss the contributions and opinions of women, and this logo appears to be an example of that.  I don't think calling people on such behavior is looking for a soapbox.  It's trying to changing that attitude. "
    I can't deny your points, all very well said and correct. You're right, I do think it has nothing to do with sexism, I don't know that. And I can't deny that. But it's all just subjective at this point because you don't technically know it is any more than I know it isn't, right? It's all just theory. Way I see it is...sexism absolutely is a relevant and important issue, but at the end of the day, DC, whether on their latest logo or not, has these powerful female role-models nonetheless. They star in everything from books and silver screen to the toy aisles and grocery stores. So is this really something to get in such a tizzy over to begin with? The females aren't really ignored in the thick of things. Frankly, I think the disrespect for the history (I cannot deny her impact) is more insulting than the fact that it's all men. 

So I'll just play devils advocate, not that I feel this way...but just for the fun of debate, because it's nice to have a friendly and educated debater. Couldn't I just as easily say, again, "What is wrong with an all male button?" Does a female really have to be included for it to NOT be sexist? Ergo couldn't I essentially argue that any cover without a female is sexist? For that matter, any cover without a male too? Goes both ways...
    Blindside002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Blindside002

I would love to see a Wonder Woman and Catwoman up there, mostly because my favorite superheroes are all girls. lol But I agree with most that they don't always sell as well as the male counter parts, but its ok, makes me feel like I'm in a special club.

Avatar image for captaingenisvell
    CaptainGenisVell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Babs: 
    Signed :)
    TerryMcC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#134  Edited By TerryMcC

Perhaps Wonder Woman was left off because of the costume change, thinking that people would not know who she is, or not knowing which one to use, if they use the old one what is  that saying about the change, that we don't mean it and will be changing back soon?
    Jayso4201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Jayso4201

My only thing is DC doesn't seem like a huge supporter of the women's lib movement, they treat most of their women characters like something that needs to be taken care of. Lets be honest Wonder Woman is more of a dude than I am (and I have 2 hairy balls). Look at the Identity Crisis Story, they treat Canary Like she has to be hidden so that nothing happens to her. They have some kick-ass chicks don't get me wrong, I love Canary, Huntress, and Harley but as far as them being on the same level with the guys I don't think so. They are nowhere near where the X-women are, and until thinking at D.C. changes its gonna be that way.
    DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#136  Edited By DMC
    @The Jeff said:

" I can't believe this....matters "

Am with you man
     It would be great if WW was included but it's just a logo right? I don't think anyone who receives the button is gonna actually care who's on it.
    Agent_Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#137  Edited By Agent_Prince
    @Babs:
    i agree, Trinity Logo anyone?!
    Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Babs: thank you for altering us to the petition Babs, I do like the logo and I am happy to have one for the boys, as long as they can do us girls one ;)
    Catastrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Catastrophic

Come on, you need to buy the exclusive "see invisible stuff DC glasses" to see Wonder Woman cause she's in her Invisible Jet.

Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I can't believe Wonder Woman's silhouette is not in it. FAIL!

Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
    GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

I understand that they are trying to push lesser characters like green lantern and the flash, but wonder woman should have been included.  It does seem like a slap in the face that she's left out.

schmidty207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#142  Edited By schmidty207

I'm all for the second logo featuring female characters. Wonder Woman, Batgirl (or Batwoman, or Huntress), Black Canary, Supergirl, Hawkwoman, Power Girl, Starfire and Renee "The Question" Montoya as possibilities off the top of my head.

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#143  Edited By Silkcuts

I can understand where WW gets no love, but what about AC and Jonn... no love there either. JLA core should of all been on the button.

WW is hard to use because of the change DC is doing with her.  New suit and all, its like why there was no WW converse released.

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#144  Edited By queenfrost_

I think its wrong that they're trying to appeal to boys and the fact the Trinity isn't on there is just stupid.

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#145  Edited By queenfrost_

Besides, doesn't DC realise how well Marvel is doing so far with their Women of Marvel covers?

THALASTDRAGON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#146  Edited By THALASTDRAGON

there is no reason wonder woman should've been left out on that. they could just as easily have put her on there with her lasso in white or that gold 'w' bird that was on her chest on her old uniform. even tho she's rockin a new uni, this is celebratory of all their years, it wouldnt be far fetched to have her in her most known outfit.

BrianG2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By BrianG2k

damned if you do, damned if you don't. 
    I feel like you complain about women being exploited in one breath and then complain about them being oppressed in another. why not talk about comic books? including ones besides DC and Marvel.

Joey Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Joey Ravn

Seriously, this is a collection designed by Zazzle, not DC, and not every character is featured in every item. You're making it look like DC completely forgot about Wonder Woman, when in truth she's featured in more items than Flash, or any other character who's not in that badge for that matter.

Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Neverpraying

I don't know what to say...

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @Illyana Rasputin:
    epic and utterly

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.