Best DC character created in the last decade

#1 Edited by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Who do you think is the best DC character created in the last decade.

From 2002-2012.

Any character from DC, be it villain, hero or anti-hero or even creation of the identity.

For instance, Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) could be considered since he is created in the last decade, even though the original Blue Beetle, was created years ago.

Or Red Hood, since the identity of Red Hood was created in 2004, even though the original Jason Todd was created years ago.

Or a completely new character, like Starling (Awesome) from Birds of Prey.

For me its Red Hood

RH&TO #6 (cropped)

How about you guys?

Do attach a picture with it.

#2 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone wants to take a shot at it?

#3 Posted by Twentyfive (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Jaime, and maybe Jason Rusch.

#4 Edited by The_Tree (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

For me it's a toss up between Damian Wayne and Jaime Reyes.

Honorable mentions go to Chris Kent, Batwoman, and Simon Dark.

#5 Posted by AweSam (7103 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hood.

#6 Edited by longbowhunter (5840 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked a lot of the legacy characters from last decade like Jaime Reyes, Mia Dearden as Speedy and Montoya as the Question. Although Damian Wayne has got to be the best new DC character of the last decade. I love that kid!!

#7 Posted by Saren (24340 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by cattlebattle (12275 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't even think of that many...well I could name some, but they are not "the best"

Blue Beetle definitely seems to be a hit in alternate media, Miss Martian is a great character

#9 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Bunker... I want hate him...I really do, I just can't.

#10 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

Batwoman, most definitely, in my opinion.

#11 Posted by Night Thrasher (3450 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by EisforExtinction (1908 posts) - - Show Bio

Renee Montoya as the Question or Batwoman... also maybe Larfleeze.

#13 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: I was really bummed that Chris Kent sorta got lost in the relaunch. But I'm glad to know that he'll be back in Superman Family Adventures.

@TheCrowbar: I would say Bunker is also one of the best dc character created in the relaunch.

#14 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter: I really didn't cared for Renee Montoya as the Question personally. For me, it would always be Vic Sage.

#15 Edited by Teerack (4549 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wouldn't consider Jason Todd a character created in the last ten years. Todd is still Todd even if he was robin in the 80's.

#16 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: I did mention in the OP that Jason Todd could be included because he took up the mantle of Red Hood in the last decade.

And its the new identity of Jason Todd that has defined him.

Similarly, the identity of Red Robin has also been created in the last decade although it can't really count because before and after he took the mantle there wasn't much of a difference. The Jason before and after Red Hood was a huge difference though.

Anyhows I'm widening the circle so that theres more character to choose from. LOL.

#17 Edited by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the twin Wiccan and Speed. They're like a mini version of Pietro and Wanda. I like to see them having their own series someday, preferably with the Young Avengers.

#18 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian Wayne

#19 Posted by tyco6300 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

For me it's a toss up between Damian Wayne and Jaime Reyes.

Honorable mentions go to Chris Kent, Batwoman, and Simon Dark.

This! :D

#20 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19831 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian ♥

#21 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio
Isamot Kol
#22 Edited by Teerack (4549 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: I was just saying "I" wouldn't consider him a character from the last ten years. I wasn't disagreeing with you; just stating my own opinion. :V

I guess my choice would have to be Starling from birds of prey. She's still really new, but i like her a lot so far.

#23 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio
uhm... the thread says dc character lol.

@Teerack:

#24 Posted by Teerack (4549 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: oh ya... i saw the picture of Speed and Wiccan on the first page and didn't think.

#25 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio
lol. dc heroes. look at the title

@Redberry:

#26 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

UGH, I still can't stand Jaime...

Batwoman and Damien Wayne for me.

#27 Posted by daredevil21134 (9113 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hood

Jason Rusch

Damien

Jaime Reyes

I can't think of any others, except for Michael Lane, who I can't say I love.

#29 Posted by TDK_1997 (13705 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian or Batwoman.

#30 Posted by Kairan1979 (15820 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Grace Choi.

#31 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (4671 posts) - - Show Bio

Larfleeze

#32 Posted by MineMineMine (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm inclined to agree with WaveMotionCannon.

#33 Posted by Kiltro95 (290 posts) - - Show Bio
Versus Atrocitus

This guy I mean just look at him, he practically feels like a powerhouse of blood, hate, evil, and raw violence truly a red lantern over them all.

#34 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, there are so many wonderful ones to choose from...

My personal favorite is Cyclone, of course...

But the list is pretty long: Damian, Batwoman, Jaime Reyes, Miss Martian, The Talons, Saint Walker, Scandal Savage, Kate Spencer (Manhunter), Secret Six's Jeanette, the leaders and some of the lanterns from the other colored corps... I don't know, there are a whole heck of a lot! Really most of mine are culled there even from the past 5 years... if I really thought about the full decade... I'm sure there would be many more. Mia Dearden was a little bit more than a decade ago I guess... but even shortly after characters like Onomatopeia and Constantine Drakon... there are a ton in between, but unfortunately my memory fogs as to who qualifies... I guess Kid Devil would've been new... Osiris was a great creation (as was Sobek, disastrous though he eventually was)...

Some have started strong, but their super-greatness is still pending... Starling, Element Woman, William Arcane, Bunker and the like...

#35 Posted by deadpool6_6_6 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

I say Jaime, and maybe Jason Rusch.

i'd go with both of them.

#36 Edited by sinestro_GL (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

Tommy Elliot - a brilliantly written character complemented by an AMAZING introductory arc.

#37 Posted by NinaColada (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Tommy Elliot. The comics in which he featured were outstandingly written and he was a very interesting character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.