Ben Affleck to Produce 'Sleeper' Adaptation for Warner Bros.

#1 Edited by RustyRoy (12670 posts) - - Show Bio

Source

Warner Bros is adapting the DC/Wildstorm series which was written by Ed Brubaker. Shawn Ryan and David Wiener are attached to write the screenplay with Affleck and Damon as Producers.

Does that mean Affleck will be more involved in DC Comics adaptions? Probably not but I definitely hope so.

#2 Edited by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they're counting their chickens before they hatch: If Affleck's Batman isn't well regarded, people aren't going to like his name attached to another comic book movie, even if he isn't acting in it. Take into account that Daredevil wasn't well received (until the Director's Cut), the only other comic book movie he's worked on, and people might get really antsy.

#3 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

I think they're counting their chickens before they hatch: If Affleck's Batman isn't well regarded, people aren't going to like his name attached to another comic book movie, even if he isn't acting in it. Take into account that Daredevil wasn't well received (until the Director's Cut), the only other comic book movie he's worked on, and people might get really antsy.

people need to focus on the affleck today and not the one from 10 years ago. i admit i always judged the man but i have to say on record i take back everything negative i said simply because runner runner, argo, the town really had me change my mind on him. also people may hate his batman but your still going to have people who still see him as the guy who won two awards and came off argo wich was huge last year.

#4 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

Source

Warner Bros is adapting the DC/Wildstorm series which was written by Ed Brubaker. Shawn Ryan and David Wiener are attached to write the screenplay with Affleck and Damon as Producers.

Excited Adventure Time

#5 Posted by Knightfall225 (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did they choose this character....

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33360 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did they choose this character....

What do you mean?

#7 Posted by RustyRoy (12670 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: You're a fan of the book?

#8 Posted by RustyRoy (12670 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

WB trusts Affleck, so I doubt that the case or else they wouldn't have gone for him. I think WB's trying to divide the jobs, multiple Kevin Feige instead of one. Goyer is rumored to be involved in multiple DC projects, Snyder has already directed multiple movies for DC, now they are trying to involve Affleck one of their most precious Directors in multiple DC properties, its just my theory but I hope that's the case, I also hope Del Toro becomes a part of the this group, he's supposed to write and direct a JLD movie.

#9 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@fodigg: You're a fan of the book?

In Bru we trust. That book is an unsung classic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.