Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Ben Affleck to Produce 'Sleeper' Adaptation for Warner Bros.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RustyRoy

Source

Warner Bros is adapting the DC/Wildstorm series which was written by Ed Brubaker. Shawn Ryan and David Wiener are attached to write the screenplay with Affleck and Damon as Producers.

Does that mean Affleck will be more involved in DC Comics adaptions? Probably not but I definitely hope so.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JonSmith

I think they're counting their chickens before they hatch: If Affleck's Batman isn't well regarded, people aren't going to like his name attached to another comic book movie, even if he isn't acting in it. Take into account that Daredevil wasn't well received (until the Director's Cut), the only other comic book movie he's worked on, and people might get really antsy.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TazzMission

@jonsmith said:

I think they're counting their chickens before they hatch: If Affleck's Batman isn't well regarded, people aren't going to like his name attached to another comic book movie, even if he isn't acting in it. Take into account that Daredevil wasn't well received (until the Director's Cut), the only other comic book movie he's worked on, and people might get really antsy.

people need to focus on the affleck today and not the one from 10 years ago. i admit i always judged the man but i have to say on record i take back everything negative i said simply because runner runner, argo, the town really had me change my mind on him. also people may hate his batman but your still going to have people who still see him as the guy who won two awards and came off argo wich was huge last year.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@rustyroy said:

Source

Warner Bros is adapting the DC/Wildstorm series which was written by Ed Brubaker. Shawn Ryan and David Wiener are attached to write the screenplay with Affleck and Damon as Producers.

Excited Adventure Time

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Why did they choose this character....

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Why did they choose this character....

What do you mean?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg: You're a fan of the book?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

WB trusts Affleck, so I doubt that the case or else they wouldn't have gone for him. I think WB's trying to divide the jobs, multiple Kevin Feige instead of one. Goyer is rumored to be involved in multiple DC projects, Snyder has already directed multiple movies for DC, now they are trying to involve Affleck one of their most precious Directors in multiple DC properties, its just my theory but I hope that's the case, I also hope Del Toro becomes a part of the this group, he's supposed to write and direct a JLD movie.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@rustyroy said:

@fodigg: You're a fan of the book?

In Bru we trust. That book is an unsung classic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.