Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Batman vs Superman thoughts?

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How high are you expectations for this movie?Low or high?

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still high.

• I'm intrigued by the new direction DC/WB taking their superhero universe
    • People have been looking forward to a Superman/Batman movie for 20 years and now it's finally happening
    • First big screen appearance of the most iconic female superheroine
    • Casting Eisenberg as Lex is a bold move considering he is so different from any iteration of Lex we have seen before
    • MoS ended with some storylines this new movie can follow up on
    flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip: I think Jesse has some potential to surprise people like Heath did.But Im not thrilled about Gal Gadot.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Neutral.

Neither high nor low.

MoS was a strong starting point, and they also have the advantage of the existence of the Nolan-verse (so they know what success looks like).

There is a danger of introducing too many characters, and so there will be less screen time devoted to each character.

There is also the danger that Affleck will have to follow the act of Bale (who was very popular (not to me, but essential the public at large)).

I just want to see them address the weaknesses of the MoS, stay true to the source material and respect the fans - with a good story.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesse Eisenberg is

Lex Luthor

No Caption Provided

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lifeofvibe

@wdw: holy sh*t thats awesome

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wdw: holy sh*t thats awesome

Yeah some guy on the internet did it looks cool

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly that picture is dope

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neutral for now. I don't believe in Zack, Goyer, Gadot and Jesse but I've been waiting for this movie all my life and I will see it on first day first show even if its the worst movie ever made.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By LyraFay

This is how I see it:

• They've got an interesting team: Synder, Goyer (whose been moved away from script duties), Terrio and Affleck, the last two look as if this could be a great movie. Hopefully Affleck at least helps Synder out with the directing.
    • Ben Affleck looks extremely close to how Bruce Wayne/Batman looks in the comics which I still don't understand why people are complaining about.
    • Remember hearing something that the damage of Metropolis is completely accidental storywise (but never mind I hope it works out.)
    • Gal Gadot intrigues me as she's an unknown that has the task of bringing Wonder Woman to life on movie screen for the first time.
    • Jesse Eisenberg should prove interesting (I didn't take him for doing huge blockbusters like this but hey maybe he wanted to do one.)
    • We've got FOUR ICONS (five if you want to include Lois Lane) on screen that's a huge impossible task for any studio and director, so I can understand why taking more time to do it. It's very different from The Avengers after all.
    • We are finally getting the Trinity on screen!!
    Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get it. Ain't Batman and Superman suppose to be allies? I hope DC know what they doing. I truly shouldn't believe that they're going to be fighting each other. Ain't Super Man too powerful for Batman? This doesn't make sense.

Avatar image for thepowerofshazam
    ThepowerofShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lifeofvibe
    Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@lightblaze: "Batman vs Superman" is not the title, it's just something fans came up with when the movie was announced and the media is just running with it for the time being.

And honestly that's a stupid title to begin with, plus nothing will truly be accomplished if Superman and Batman spend the whole film fighting one another. It's a lot better whenever they team up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.