Batman-Smallville 2.0

#1 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

We all know the show Smallville that tells the origins of Clark Kent who later becomes Superman on the last episode when he goes to work on the Daily Planet, But what if there was a Batman version of Smallville, or do you think it would be good for the produers of Smallville to make one? I think the show should be called Nightlife to show the crime in Gotham and obviously the first episode should show be a 1 hour special showing Bruce's life as a child leading up to the murder of his parents, then the next episodes, should then show Bruce traveling the wolrd, learning martial arts, going to school, meeting other super-heroes, which he started at Age 14 (so a good 7 years until he finally becomes Batman at Age 20) until finally the series concludes in a 1 hour special where Batman finally returns to Gotham in where he then sits in his manor and sees the bat, and finally chooses to don the costume with the scene ending with him standing on a rooftop to patrol the city

What do you think? Would this be a good show, if there isn't a sequel to Smallville?
#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. It could show how Bruce did his training and he could meet up with Ra's, Talia, Deathstroke, Lady Shiva, etc. as guest stars. Alfred should be a recurring character, also. 

I'd also be into a CSI-like Batman show where he solves cases and fights his own villains in Gotham. He might even go to Metropolis for an episode or two.
#3 Posted by Tiamat (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see something like this. Batman and his various rogue's gallery would be an easy transition. Though I think his 'training' should be shown as flashbacks throughout the season. This way certain flashbacks could lead to various villain cameos.

#4 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9182 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they were thinking of doing a Batman kind of show but it never went through

#5 Posted by The Stegman (25035 posts) - - Show Bio

actually when i first heard of smallville, i thought of an idea like this and how i thought i'd rather hear about Bruce Wayne's adventures than Clark's. it could show Bruce travelling the world and training in the different martial arts fields, show him learning to hone is detective skills by solving crimes in foreign lands, introduce younger versions of his "villains" like Victor Fries, Killer Croc, Ra's Al Ghul etc, my name or the title would have been "Batman Begins" ...but Christopher Nolan ruined that idea :/

#6 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tiamat said:
I'd like to see something like this. Batman and his various rogue's gallery would be an easy transition. Though I think his 'training' should be shown as flashbacks throughout the season. This way certain flashbacks could lead to various villain cameos.

Well the training shouldn't necessarily be flashbacks, After all they're probably going to make up a good bulk of the series.
#7 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds reminiscent of Kung Fu with David Carradine.

#8 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio
@sesquipedalophobe said:
Sounds reminiscent of Kung Fu with David Carradine.

Batman has had a more detailed history then just martial arts.
#9 Posted by teoP_ehT (155 posts) - - Show Bio

that would be an awsome consept. I really wish they woudl do this. (my friday nights feel lost without Smallville, so bats as a replacement would be cool). 
I like the story, but I don't see it happening just yet.

#10 Posted by Rudyftw (987 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be cool to see, but it won't happen. At least in the next couple of years. They'd rather use their cash cow to make money in theaters.  

#11 Posted by Kairan1979 (16857 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Green Arrow spin-off makes more sense.

#12 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

Well you're right, DC would most likely use their cash cow for other things given that there might be a Justice League movie in 2012, but I don't see how a Green Arrow spinoff makes sense.

#13 Posted by Kairan1979 (16857 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jnr6Lil
because Justin Hartley/Green Arrow already has an army of fans.
#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

honestly a ten year long show about Bruce training to become Batman would've made more sense than with Superman, tho I did like Smallville I freely admit several seasons felt like they were just padding the show they could've removed everything between season 5 and 9 and it would've been a good run and wouldn't have lost so many fans by the last episode. Bruce's journey on the other hand has to be a long and difficult one because realistically no human could just decide to be Batman, it'd take training and determination and could easily be stretched into a long running show with out people getting all jumpy about when he gains certain abilities or finally puts on the costume  

#15 Edited by JediXMan (30939 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be interesting. As long as Bruce is as FAR AWAY from high school as possible. It should focus on his training over seas. The finale could be like Batman: Year One.

#16 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

JediXMa@Kairan1979 said:

@Jnr6Lil:  because Justin Hartley/Green Arrow already has an army of fans.
Batman has even a bigger army of fans 

And JediXMan: I expect Bruce to be far way from high school and college, After all when he finally became eligible for college he usually transferred from university to university and only stayed a semester.
#17 Posted by JediXMan (30939 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jnr6Lil

I just don't want a repeat of Smallville. I'm sorry but that show pissed me off. He's fighting guys like BRAINIAC and DARKSEID before he even wears the cape!
#18 Posted by Deranged Midget (17716 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Could be interesting. As long as Bruce is as FAR AWAY from high school as possible. It should focus on his training over seas. The finale could be like Batman: Year One.
#19 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
@Jnr6Lil:   I just don't want a repeat of Smallville. I'm sorry but that show pissed me off. He's fighting guys like BRAINIAC and DARKSEID before he even wears the cape!
Indeed, In this series he shouldn't be fighting guys like Joker, Catwoman, Mr. Freeze, He's most likely to come across guys like Ras Al Ghul, Joe Chill, etc.
#20 Posted by JediXMan (30939 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jnr6Lil

Ra's (as Bruce's master), maybe Talia (potential love interest), maybe Lady Shiva (rival, perhaps), maybe Victor Sage (friend later in the series. Note: NOT Question. Not until later), maybe Thomas Elliot in flashbacks, Richard Dragon (as Bruce's master)

Ya know, I could see this working out rather well.
#21 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

that would work out, Even show some of his studies, he's not just a martial artist.

#22 Posted by Cage_2913_69 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

If they did did this putting Batman in the last episode would leave even more haters than Smallville had. I

Season 1) Bruce starts traveling the world to train (age 14-15)

Season 2) Bruce trains with a new master and solves mystery's around the city he lives in (age 16-18)

Season 3) Bruce becomes "Naito" a.k.a The Knight as he trains in japan (age 18-20)

Season 4) Bruce is “Hēi'àn qíshì” a.k.a "The Dark Knight" in China. (age 21-22)

Season 5-10) He returns to Gotham and is Batman! He fights his own rouge gallery.

#23 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

I came up with a Smallville-esque Batman show called "Gotham City"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.