Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Batman fan wants to read new Heroes, recommendations?

Garbz5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've mostly read Batman trades and have a hard time expanding my horizon aside from some random trades or collected volumes. I want to get into something else that isn't being made into a tv show, so no Flash, no Daredevil etc. What are some good books that you can recommend that aren't as dark as Batman and fun to read? I prefer DC obviously.

Garbz5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a side not I'm curious about the Earth 2 and Justice League 3000 series, if anyone has any info on how these are let me know please :)

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Aquaman or Wonder Woman. Best two DC titles.

magicman411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman starting at 32 is getting really good. and yes wonder woman is amazing.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
    TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@garbz5:

Welcome to Comic Vine ^___^

Sorry - but if you're looking for something that isn't as dark as Batman - the only thing I'd recommend is Superman, Booster Gold (eww...) or something MARVEL, but, um - you prefer DC...

- TAS

Garbz5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman looks good but I'm not a big fan of that character. I might have to look into Marvel to find something a little "brighter".

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Just start reading some of the 'famous' story arcs from yester-year, if you haven't already. Death of Superman is a place to start...

Garbz5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Garbz5

That's what I do with Batman. Read Long Halloween, Red Hood Lost Days, Under the Red Hood and I am working on Dark Victory.

Superman could be great, I saw the All Star Superman animated movie and loved that.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By deathstroke52

@eyedcyou said:

Aquaman or Wonder Woman. Best two DC titles.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

I'd say Talon but that run is over (Talon fans will get it). If you liked the Court of Owls story line you'd like Talon, it was a spinoff from it about a renegade Talon who specialized in escapes. Red Hood and the Outlaws has become more bright since Tynion took over but honestly I enjoyed Lobdell's run more and he's back actually. Grayson seems to be pretty light toned and it's about espionage if you can dig it.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pick up green arrow Jeff lemire run (17-34) and grayson

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.