Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

bat family movie question

bklounge17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

hey was wondering which bat family characters do you think will be included in the dc movie universe. I personally think nightwing will be in the movies and maybe robin (tim drake) or maybe Jason Todd.Even though i love them all I just don't think Damian batgirl and the rest of batman inc would fit in to this very grounded and serious movie universe.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bklounge17: I don't think the concept of Bat Family can't work in a movie. Maybe Nightwing, but he needs a complete redesign because the little mask is credible in the comics but can't work in live action (do you remember Schumacher's movies?). But please, no Robin and Batgirl. Jason Todd could be interesting but I think it's better he remains in the comics

bklounge17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul: yeah i agree that they would have to change him to fit the movie verse and id personally wanna see Jason Todd because hes my favorite bat family character after nightwing.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MiniSaladFresh

@moul: Robin can totally work. Obviously not the tights and pixie shoes, but something like the hooded Arkham City version could work.

No Caption Provided
    Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minisaladfresh: I don't think so, Robin would be ridiculous in a live action

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nightwing, Oracle and maybe Robin could work but that's it.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

Cassandra Cain should work, she would add, mistery, thriller, badassness, will-power, etc, etc...Oh, wait!...DC hates her!...neverrmind...

genekellypunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassandra Cain should work, she would add, mistery, thriller, badassness, will-power, etc, etc...Oh, wait!...DC hates her!...neverrmind...

Hahahahah...hahaha...ha :(

Babs too. I like Steph, but she's not top priority for me.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Dick Grayson as Robin and Babs as Batgirl would work. The only problem they had before was that they got a director who was trying to make it a terrible throwback to the good old Batman show. I'm sure if we start realizing that Robin and Batgirl can be done without the cheesiness than the characters could work. Personally I would like to see Dick begin as Robin just so maybe, just maybe, we could get a Teen Titans movie. Though I'd be fine if he was Nightwing. If they still want a Robin I think having Tim in the Robin suit and having flashbacks to Jason would cool. Keep Babs as Batgirl though. I think we'd be getting to complex by throwing in Damian, Steph, and Cass. Anyway DC hates Cass :P

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@genekellypunk said:

@bat_girl_cc said:

Comparing Cass to Babs, its like comparing a horror movie, to a baby-tv cartoon.

genekellypunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@genekellypunk said:

@bat_girl_cc said:

Comparing Cass to Babs, its like comparing a horror movie, to a baby-tv cartoon.

I wasn't comparing them. I meant that I would want to see Babs in the DC cinematic universe too, along with Cass.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc said:

@genekellypunk said:

@bat_girl_cc said:

I wasn't comparing them. I meant that I would want to see Babs in the DC cinematic universe too, along with Cass.

Yeah, me too, but sadly, i HIGHLY doubt that that will ever happen.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming the Characters resemble somehow their comic counter parts, I think the best chances have Dick, Barbara and Tim and maybe even Huntress (since they are characters best-known by non comic book readers know).
    Jason has probably only a chance if they want to make a "Death in the Family" or a "Under the Red Hood" movie. He is so much connected with these story lines that I doubt that they would make a movie universe were isn't killed by the Joker (and they probably don't want to make a R-rated movie). But maybe they combine him and Tim into one character like it was done in the DCAU.

To include Cassandra they must make Batman into a Martial Art Movie, and I doubt that that will happen in live action (especially with Ben Afleck as Batman).

Stephanie is just to similar to the Barbaras from the animated series, so they would probably use the better-known Character.

Damian has three big problems, the first is that you probably can't make realistic looking fight scenes where he fights against adults (that didn't even work in the animated movie), the second that you need to much background knowledge about Ras, Talia ect. to understand this character and the third is that Ras and Talia just appeared in the Nolan movies and they probably want to use other villains this time.

And Jean Paul Valley would only make sense if they want to make Knight Fall, but this storyline is probably to long for a movie.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Batfleck is 40 then they should just have the whole family already there without "origin junk" nightwing, red hood, red robin and damian as robin simple as that... but i think they are going to have carrie kelly as robin which is junk.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.