Avengers in DC??

#1 Edited by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

I was reading Batman/Superman and I saw these guys. Are these guys supposed to be a parody of the Avengers? (actually the Ultimate avengers, who are called the "Ultimates")

caption
caption
caption
caption

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/nagant_m44/avengers2.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/nagant_m44/avengers3.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/nagant_m44/avengers4.jpg

#2 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF how do you embed pics now?

#3 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

you press the button that says "Insert image" in your new CV 2.0 "keyboard"

#4 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

If you want a DC "Avengers tribute" check out the original JLA series issue # 87. Can't remember the  name thay gave the group, but clearly these characters were based on Thor, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch etc.

#5 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

well if you look at the scan on the bottom right of my original post, the dialog give it away as a marvel team.

#6 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

lol you are right, add a guy that represents hank pym and you have the original avengers there

#7 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"lol you are right, add a guy that represents hank pym and you have the original avengers there
"
there was a guy called "Skyscraper" who was the the "Hornet"'s (the wasp like character's) boyfriend.  Hes obviously a really huge guy, but unlike Hank, hes stuck that high.
#8 Posted by Meteorite (3347 posts) - - Show Bio
the human Juggernaut said:
"Nighthunter said:
"lol you are right, add a guy that represents hank pym and you have the original avengers there
"
there was a guy called "Skyscraper" who was the the "Hornet"'s (the wasp like character's) boyfriend.  Hes obviously a really huge guy, but unlike Hank, hes stuck that high.
"
Is this original Avengers+Hulk or original Avengers+Captain America?
#9 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
Meteorite said:
"the human Juggernaut said:
"Nighthunter said:
"
"
Is this original Avengers+Hulk or original Avengers+Captain America?
"
I actually think its the Ultimates +Hulk.  The group in that comic was called the "Maximums"
#10 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't have said 'parody', they were an homage to the Avengers. There was a Hulk one called 'Monster' and a Spider-man one whose name I forget.

#11 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
Cosmic Sentinel said:
"I wouldn't have said 'parody', they were an homage to the Avengers. There was a Hulk one called 'Monster' and a Spider-man one whose name I forget."
his name was bug.
#12 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
Hmm...that interesting.  Very Interesting
#13 Posted by Bouncing Boy (24 posts) - - Show Bio

These guys look pretty cool. What issue(s) of Superman/Batman did they appear? Would like to check this out.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.