Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

After 2 years of the New 52

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By 2cool4fun

So after 2 years of the new 52, what were your favorite comics, and what were your least favorite comics?

A lot of comics i liked i did not even think i would, but some of the comics i hoped for the most, failed me.

The ones i liked but did not think i would:

I. Vampire

Swampthing

Animal Man

Justice League Dark

Red hood & the Outlaws

Batwoman

Supergirl

Aquaman

Green Arrow ( after Jeff took over )

The ones i didn't like but i though i would:

Teen Titans ( they "were" my favorite :( )

Superman ( his main tittle was not that great )

Batgirl ( i don't know why they put barbara as batgirl again, but i was dissapointed, she is more boring like this then oracle, & i want Stephanie Brown back )

Catwoman ( had high hopes for this one, maybe that was the problem? )

Green Arrow ( before Jeff took over )

Justice League International ( i really like booster gold, Fire & Ice and guy, but this tittle is noting special )

Favorites: ( will be adding more, when i think this threw a bit more ) for now:

1. Superman Unchained

2. Batman

3: Flash

4: Justice League Dark

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Like:

JLD

Constantine

Phantom Stranger

Swamp Thing

No like:

Teen Titans(poor writing, not much without the legacy and multiple tangible DC ties)

Earth 2(pointless without its legacy)

Superman(more hot head young man than symbol for truth, justice and the American way)

Want to like but can't:

JL(too superficial, token black guy underdeveloped)

GL(missing something)

Most of new 52(little style, not enough substance and cohesiveness)

Have always loved DC over Marvel. Want it to mean something again.

SassySasquatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Animal Man, Justice League, Green Lantern, JLA, Red Lanterns, Red Hood, Nightwing, Demon Knights, Suicide Squad

Love

Aquaman, Swamp Thing, Batman

Tried so hard to like, but couldnt...

Flash, Justice League Dark, Green Arrow (but I havent read anything since Jeff took over, so i'll have to give it a try again)

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Aquaman

Justice League

JLA

(but thought I wouldn't)

Swamp Thing

Wonder Woman

Batwoman

Green Arrow (Jeff Lemire)

Dislike

Teen Titans

Superman

Catwoman (liked it to begin with now it's just meh)

Detective Comics

Batman: The Dark Knight

gator4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By gator4eva

Like:

Batman

Justice League

Action Comics

Wonder Woman

Green Lantern

Didn't think I'd like:

Justice League Dark

Detective Comics

Aquaman

Flash

Suicide Squad

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Am i the only one reading I. Vampire...well was reading, damn sad it ended :( but at least it was not canceled like other titles ( at list i think ), cause it had a damn satisfying ending, like at the end of a movie trilogy.

For any one who has not read, it has great story, and beautiful art for 16 out of 19 issues :)

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A lot of the books I liked got cancelled...I'll make a list later though.

cdrshado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a lot of promise, but little realization. Been reading DC for 40+ years, and I am disappointed in all of the titles.
    Disappointed in the Teen Titans, Justice League, Justice League of America, Batwoman, Wonder Woman, face it All of the titles. The only thing they got right was the costumes, the updated looks were really cool. The powersets for the characters are good, the characters are good. The stories are too long and slow. It's taking too long to get to know these people, 2 years and we are still developing things. The only bright spot is Earth 2, it's a chance for the Justice Society to take the front lines, and not be in the Justice League shadow, now if we can flesh out a full team, 16 issues and we only have seen 6 members but not as team. Power Girl and the Huntress are on Earth 1, and Mr. Terrific is somewhere, 16 issues and we aren't even a team.

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC: "Oh no.... We Suck Again!!!!"

I admit that I wasn't a DC fan until the New 52. I mean, I read a scant few DC JLA story arcs, and really liked the Batman/Superman team up book series, but overall I thought the writing was very bad, and heroes were too overpowered for them to share a planet together. And anyone who wasn't a superhero in DC was written like an idiot. In comes the New 52 - with a new spin on many of the heroes and villians, a de-powered version of Superman, a new Stormwatch, new Teen Titans, etc. For the last couple of years I went form eager... back to "these guys suck". Unless you're a Batman fan (of which I'm not) there's nothing I see that is still being done well at DC right now. The Trinity War was a sad farce that could have been written in one or two books, which led to the "Forever Evil/Villian's Month" - also known as "All the Regular Writers & Artists Got a Month Off" Crossover. It has sucked. Bad. It sucks so bad that I don't care about ANY of their titles anymore - even the ones I was enjoying like JLA, JL, JLD, Wonder Woman, Teen Titans, and Superman. Marvel is kicking these DC guys in the groin right now - and DC doesn't seem to know how to write a coherent plot to save their lives. My #1 favorite book at the New 52 launch - Stormwatch - was gutted and replaced by a book that is barely readable anymore. They downgraded the artist, and took the team off-world, and de-powered them. My only hope now is that Shazam gets his own series. Anyhow, I think I'm pretty much done with DC... again.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.