Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

A Cinematic Universe for GL alone.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By 2cool4fun

I was wondering, do you guys think it would be a good idea if DC let another company make movies for Green Lantern ( kinda like what they did with Red/2 ), and that company could make a gigantic universe around it. Since Green Lantern's universe in my opinion deserves the same treatment as the X-men universe, besides just like the X-men the Green Lantern universe wouldn't even fit in with the rest of the universe on the big screen.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By kidchipotle

Nope. I hate that other studios have Marvel rights so I definitely wouldn't want other studios to have DC rights.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By 2cool4fun

@arturocalakayvee: They would not have DC's rights. They would just make the movie instead of Warner Brothers. Red/2 were made by Summit Entertainment but the rights still belong to WB & DC, same thing goes with "The Spirit" it was made by Lions Gate Entertainment but still belongs to WB & DC

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: Ah okay, I misread the OP, my bad bro. In that case...I don't think I'd be opposed to the idea...but I think it should be another character. I want GL in the JLUniverse.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By 2cool4fun

@arturocalakayvee: Well we still have like 4 other earth GL or...they could do the same thing Marvel did with Quick Silver.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: Very true, however Marvel and Fox are using the same character while DC would be using the same concept with a different person. That might confuse people. Counter argument to my argument however could be resolved easily by having the person who doesn't use Hal Jordan explain how / why the other GL is around.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.