Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

#0 spoilers (Should I catch up before I read them)

Avatar image for theelusivenewreader
    TheElusiveNewReader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You would think it would be rather obvious but after reading Earth 2 #0 and Green Lantern #0 I realized that allusions could spoil things. I'd like to read Storm watch and Dial H because I have not read anything about them and I'd to check 'em out. Is it safe to read with out giving away something shocking? Also since we are on the topic do you think they (the series as a whole) worth reading?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SmashBrawler

Well, I don't think it should be too hard to catch up with some of these series.

Earth-2 and Dial H only have 3 issues (not counting the zero issues)

I don't know how safe it is to start reading Stormwatch with issue 0, but I can tell you right away that Green Lantern 0 is a TERRIBLE jumping-on point. A good issue, but a godawful place to start. Both Stormwatch and GL have had 12 issues (and an annual for GL), not to mention their TPBs so it shouldn't be too hard to catch up with those either.

budheiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By budheiser

I haven't read the zeros yet, but Dial H is probably my favorite series right now other than Batman, so I definitely recommend reading that.

Avatar image for theelusivenewreader
    TheElusiveNewReader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yea I agree with you about Green Lantern. Dial H I'm not too worried about because it would be easy (and cheap) to catch up. But Stormwatch would take alot more time and money, And honestly IDK if it would even be worh it because no one seems to ever talk about Stormwatch

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SupBatz

I'm with you there - I wanted to read Stormwatch 0 and Swamp Thing 0 but I don't want to do so if there will be spoilers in case I decide to pick up the series from the begining later on. And the fact that nobody ever talks about Stormwatch also adds to my reluctance.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.