Follow

Worlds of DC

Concept » Worlds of DC appears in 19 issues.

DC Comics' shared universe of live-action films, which began with Man of Steel.

Is This the DC Cinematic Universe's Future?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@scouterv said:

@jonny1995 said:

If this is true, then I'm going to feel very mixed about this.

It's nice to see a Wonder Woman movie and an actual sequel to Man of Steel but why not do these movies in order:

Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern reboot, Flash, Aquaman, and a Justice League movie.

My theory is, Dawn of Justice would lead to a Justice League film. However, they won't simply stay a team and never leave to do other things. If anything, the actual order would be Man of Steel, Batman: Under The Red Hood, Wonder Woman: Odyssey, Dawn of Justice, Green Lantern and Flash: Light in The Sky (They're really gonna need to brainstorm on that one,) Justice League (and here we introduce Aquaman.

However, I think there are other ways to do it. The way WB has things going though, I think they'll do alright. You don't always need to do an origin story. I think when people see Aquaman rising from the sea on a giant sea creature, I think they'll get invested.

I see.

A live-action Batman movie based on the "Under the Red Hood" Storyline? I would love to see that made. The same can be said for the "Hush" storyline.

I honestly think that at that point, Batman is getting up their in years...I originally was going to say Battle For The Cowl. I'd actually really like to see that be a huge production, with lots of fan interaction for who the people want to see carry on the legacy of the Bat. They could release three (or four,) small fifteen-minute teasers that show off what all the Robins do/have done/will do in the movie, etc., set to them all stating their case like their arguing at the dinner table about Bruces' declining health.

Maybe have it going like...

Dick: I'm the oldest. I'm the most experienced. I've led a team before. I may not be as strong as Bruce just yet...but I'll get there.
    Jason: I should be the new Batman! I'm the best shot. None of you have what it takes to make the tough choices--but I do!
    Tim: I know I'm the youngest...but face it. I'm smarter than the both of you. You've got the moves and you've got the skills...but those things can be taught--those things can be learned...and I will.
    Damien: Maybe you're all forgetting who his REAL son is. I'm more skilled than all of you. This is MY legacy--my birthright, and I'm going to take it!

It would seem odd, I'm sure, for them to introduce Batman as Bruce and then suddenly all of The Robins are back in one film without ever having a film to learn and grow attached to them, but I think that's what the film could do if done well. Plus, I know it's probably blasphemy to suggest anyone other than Dick could ever replace Bruce (though I actually thought Terry was a good one.) However, I think that's part of the risk you take when you're casting Batman to be so old. Superman is probably in his late 20s, right? Batman is in his forties and his body has to be giving out on him. Especially after dealing with Superman and Luthor. Still, it's something I think should be addressed at some point and I think this is the kind of thing that would help keep The DC Universe fresh and separate it from the comics while still keeping it interested. That's just me though.

And I have to say, if they did do Under the Red Hood, I hope they would get the same guy who voiced Jason in the film to do the character for Live-Action. Loved that voice.

jonny1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

@scouterv said:

@jonny1995 said:

@scouterv said:

@jonny1995 said:

If this is true, then I'm going to feel very mixed about this.

It's nice to see a Wonder Woman movie and an actual sequel to Man of Steel but why not do these movies in order:

Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern reboot, Flash, Aquaman, and a Justice League movie.

My theory is, Dawn of Justice would lead to a Justice League film. However, they won't simply stay a team and never leave to do other things. If anything, the actual order would be Man of Steel, Batman: Under The Red Hood, Wonder Woman: Odyssey, Dawn of Justice, Green Lantern and Flash: Light in The Sky (They're really gonna need to brainstorm on that one,) Justice League (and here we introduce Aquaman.

However, I think there are other ways to do it. The way WB has things going though, I think they'll do alright. You don't always need to do an origin story. I think when people see Aquaman rising from the sea on a giant sea creature, I think they'll get invested.

I see.

A live-action Batman movie based on the "Under the Red Hood" Storyline? I would love to see that made. The same can be said for the "Hush" storyline.

I honestly think that at that point, Batman is getting up their in years...I originally was going to say Battle For The Cowl. I'd actually really like to see that be a huge production, with lots of fan interaction for who the people want to see carry on the legacy of the Bat. They could release three (or four,) small fifteen-minute teasers that show off what all the Robins do/have done/will do in the movie, etc., set to them all stating their case like their arguing at the dinner table about Bruces' declining health.

Maybe have it going like...

Dick: I'm the oldest. I'm the most experienced. I've led a team before. I may not be as strong as Bruce just yet...but I'll get there.

Jason: I should be the new Batman! I'm the best shot. None of you have what it takes to make the tough choices--but I do!

Tim: I know I'm the youngest...but face it. I'm smarter than the both of you. You've got the moves and you've got the skills...but those things can be taught--those things can be learned...and I will.

Damien: Maybe you're all forgetting who his REAL son is. I'm more skilled than all of you. This is MY legacy--my birthright, and I'm going to take it!

It would seem odd, I'm sure, for them to introduce Batman as Bruce and then suddenly all of The Robins are back in one film without ever having a film to learn and grow attached to them, but I think that's what the film could do if done well. Plus, I know it's probably blasphemy to suggest anyone other than Dick could ever replace Bruce (though I actually thought Terry was a good one.) However, I think that's part of the risk you take when you're casting Batman to be so old. Superman is probably in his late 20s, right? Batman is in his forties and his body has to be giving out on him. Especially after dealing with Superman and Luthor. Still, it's something I think should be addressed at some point and I think this is the kind of thing that would help keep The DC Universe fresh and separate it from the comics while still keeping it interested. That's just me though.

And I have to say, if they did do Under the Red Hood, I hope they would get the same guy who voiced Jason in the film to do the character for Live-Action. Loved that voice.

I could see Tim Drake, Jason Todd, and Dick Grayson grown up since the new Batman that will be played by Ben Affleck will be older.

Maybe in the next Batman movie, Damian Wayne can be introduced.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger: Did iron man 2 put you of the avengers or every marvel movie after that? no?....then this shouldnt be any different when WB/DC has only released one movie (MoS)

You're entirely missing my point. Man 2 was at least watchable even if it was bad. It didn't destroy the character I loved on every level possible and then wipe the boot in my face. One bad film is enough for me to make the statement I did and I'll stand by it until DC and Warner start doing things right with their films. Which I don't see being likely given the direction they're taking their cinematic universe in. And The Avengers was built up on the backs of several, rather than 2, prelude films linking events together and bringing the characters together in a natural, progressive way. And The Avengers is actually fun to watch which is more than I can say for any of DC's recent films.

VinoVash1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@vinovash1234 said:

@lvenger: Did iron man 2 put you of the avengers or every marvel movie after that? no?....then this shouldnt be any different when WB/DC has only released one movie (MoS)

You're entirely missing my point. Man 2 was at least watchable even if it was bad. It didn't destroy the character I loved on every level possible and then wipe the boot in my face. One bad film is enough for me to make the statement I did and I'll stand by it until DC and Warner start doing things right with their films. Which I don't see being likely given the direction they're taking their cinematic universe in. And The Avengers was built up on the backs of several, rather than 2, prelude films linking events together and bringing the characters together in a natural, progressive way. And The Avengers is actually fun to watch which is more than I can say for any of DC's recent films.

Watchable? thats insane to consider, i'd take MoS over iron man 2 anyday of the millennium.....and how did it butcher your "loved" character on every level? this superman character was indirectly superman for only a few hours and you expect him to be this boyscout from the top? So marvel hasnt made ONE bad film? not even one? thats hilarious and stupid....what do you mean DC and Warner start doing things right with their films? they've only made ONE so far. And now you're judging their cinematic universe despite it actually being good and delivered and BEFORE its finished or even started? so what is it that makes you dissapointed about their cinematic universe? if there even is a legitimate reason at all......the avengers was built of off THREE characters, the justice league is being built of off TWO, whats one more difference? a third could easily get a relevant cameo. And can you name any of those recent DC movies? MoS.....thats pretty much it right now.

I dont think you realize how ridiculous and butchered you sound, but objectively any regular, sane human would call you a marvel fanboy and frankly i doubt ANYthing DC does will EVER please you, even in the slightest, even if you become the exec of DC, you'd still scrutinize them, thats how bad your hate is getting. I suggest you lay of DC as a whole.

VinoVash1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay said:

I don't get you people. You want DC/WB to get the ball rolling and then you slam a possible timeline because its not how "Marvel," did it or isn't up to your standards. Newsflash WB is a successful studio and has already made a billion this year. They have already released 8 films this year already and I wouldn't put their timeline against them. On top of that Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman are known by general audiences (they aren't stupid) and The Flash by the time of the Justice League movie will be far known than before. On top of that WB has a franchise finishing in the form of The Hobbit and now they need one and a Justice League one will be it!

Get over this guys, fanboys are the last thing on their mind.

Well said bro, if only people stop complaining

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Watchable? thats insane to consider, i'd take MoS over iron man 2 anyday of the millennium.....and how did it butcher your "loved" character on every level? this superman character was indirectly superman for only a few hours and you expect him to be this boyscout from the top? So marvel hasnt made ONE bad film? not even one? thats hilarious and stupid....what do you mean DC and Warner start doing things right with their films? they've only made ONE so far. And now you're judging their cinematic universe despite it actually being good and delivered and BEFORE its finished or even started? so what is it that makes you dissapointed about their cinematic universe? if there even is a legitimate reason at all......the avengers was built of off THREE characters, the justice league is being built of off TWO, whats one more difference? a third could easily get a relevant cameo. And can you name any of those recent DC movies? MoS.....thats pretty much it right now.

I dont think you realize how ridiculous and butchered you sound, but objectively any regular, sane human would call you a marvel fanboy and frankly i doubt ANYthing DC does will EVER please you, even in the slightest, even if you become the exec of DC, you'd still scrutinize them, thats how bad your hate is getting. I suggest you lay of DC as a whole.

Seeing my favourite character being written in a film that's basically for non Superman fans isn't my idea of enjoyment. And I just love how you've taken my words and opinion completely out of context. I never said Marvel hasn't made a bad film, that's a hypocritical statement on your part entirely. And no I wasn't expecting a perfect Superman, I was expecting a character who had the makings of Superman and would grow into the role. Not an edgy, emo brooder who we're supposed to accept is Superman. And WB have made far more than one DC film so far and none of it involved a cinematic universe. They're making it because they can, not because they should. It's not being well crafted like the Marvel universe was in Phase One. And it took 4 characters to make the MCU; Iron Man, Hulk, Thor and Captain America in their own films. Another thing you're wrong about.

And I don't think you realise how biased and hypocritical you're sounding right now. If anything, I'm more of a DC fan than a Marvel fan. Most of my favourite characters are DC, most of my current comics and overall collection is DC and I comment more on DC threads than Marvel ones. I have a preference for DC over Marvel so I believe that shoots down all your misconceptions that I'm a Marvel fanboy. And I scrutinise DC's current direction because I care about DC and its characters. I care about what these characters represent and how, when they're done right, old characters can have new life breathed into them via comics, cartoons and films. In many respects, DC is failing on those aspects and that's why, as a fan, I have the absolute right to complain about it. It's not hate as you wrongly think it is, it's legitimate criticism. Agree or disagree, I don't give a damn whether you do but I'm not liking the direction Batman vs Superman is going in. I haven't judged it yet because I haven't seen the film but given that Batman is being forced into the film, Wonder Woman is now appearing and the fact it's already turning into a Justice League prequel, I don't have much to get excited about. I'm viewing this with an open mind, something I didn't do last time with MOS.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Flash/ Green Lantern team-up movie? Seriously people, get real!

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@rulerofthisuniverse: The concept of the Green Lantern was introduced in the 2011 film, it'll just be a different version of the character. All the setup John Stewart would need is "this guy is a marine and also he's a Green Lantern." Easy peasy.

I'm not sure how Arrow and The Flash being part of the DC cinematic universe is the problem you make it out to be. They just have to keep the stuff consistent, which wouldn't be too difficult. Marvel managed it with Agents of Shield, DC can do it with The Flash.

Just because characters Deathstroke showed up in Arrow (Ra's hasn't even shown up in Arrow, his daughter Nyssa has) doesn't mean that they can't use him in the movies. I don't think Deathstroke would get used in any of the movies listed anyway, and given how big Ra's al Ghul was in Nolan's Batman movies, I doubt that they're going to want to do anything with him in a movie for a while either.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nikke Finke isn't reliable. She's known to make major edits to her original articles without ever making retraction or publishing that she did so, in short a liar.

Pretty sure Shazam and Sandman will not be part of the cinematic DCU if they even go ahead, although 2016 for a release date seems optimistic for a project that doesn't even have a script or director.

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Super_Buck

What kind of fool thinks there's anyone who cares about a Shazam movie?

Yeah but everyone knows who Sandman is...

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#211 frozen  Moderator

I don't see a captain marvel/shazam film doing well, especially after Mark Millar releases Superior.

It's for children, IMO expands DC's cinematic universe.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@frozen said:
    @allstarsuperman said:

I don't see a captain marvel/shazam film doing well, especially after Mark Millar releases Superior.

I don't mean to be rude cause I know you like the character, but he would kinda just come off as a ripoff, and Idk how well he could work in the same universe as MoS. I'll say this, if Shazam gets a movie then there is no reason not to have a Robin in a Batman movie.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#213  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@allstarsuperman said:

@frozen said:
    @allstarsuperman said:

I don't mean to be rude cause I know you like the character, but he would kinda just come off as a ripoff, and Idk how well he could work in the same universe as MoS. I'll say this, if Shazam gets a movie then there is no reason not to have a Robin in a Batman movie.

Nah, I actually prefer Superman and Batman over Shazam/Captain Marvel, by quite alot, I believe Saren argued on another thread that it's more marketable than say, a WW movie because it appeals to a wider audience (children, it's wish fufillment) on this thread, which was an interesting argument - http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/4005-2048/forums/is-a-wonder-woman-movie-really-that-hard-to-make-1559003/

New-52 Shazam is not really like Superman, they're not remotely similar because he couldn't be any more different to Pre-Flashpoint Captain Marvel. They've changed his character completely, not only is he a bratty, street tough kid who gets into fights but his powers are of the Wizard.

The New-52 Shazam origin was tailored for a movie, the way it's written, is in that direction.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Probably stupid question but isn't Batman V. Superman the same as MOS 2?

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I would take this with a pinch of salt. Nikki Finke just launched a new entertainment site and this was the first story. Could just be a way to generate traffic for the site. Hopefully there is some truth to it.

clayscarface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By clayscarface

I'm shocked how many people seem excited about this. I mean from a fan standpoint, sure it's great that properties like Shazam and Sandman are getting attention, but I feel like they're setting themselves up to fail. How many people will hear either of those titles and get automatically excited? You hear Wonder Woman or Green Lantern/Flash and you'll know what's going on. I hate to try and force DC to follow the Marvel model, but get yourself established before you take these kinds of risks. People still aren't really supporting their movie franchises and many are cautiously optimistic at best. I just think there are a lot of other ways to do this that would work out much better. Also, no more Ryan Reynolds?!??! :(

Also, this is all leaving out the TV work being accomplished. There's Arrow and the upcoming Flash and Gotham shows and it seems like none of these will connect to the movie-verse. In the case of Arrow and Flash, it seems like a terrible waste of all that character development, though I understand how the growing supporting casts could feel limiting on the movies. Just, why confuse the issue? Meanwhile, we all know that I'll still spend the money to see every one of these no matter what so why bother debating... *sigh*

VinoVash1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@vinovash1234 said:

Seeing my favourite character being written in a film that's basically for non Superman fans isn't my idea of enjoyment. And I just love how you've taken my words and opinion completely out of context. I never said Marvel hasn't made a bad film, that's a hypocritical statement on your part entirely. And no I wasn't expecting a perfect Superman, I was expecting a character who had the makings of Superman and would grow into the role. Not an edgy, emo brooder who we're supposed to accept is Superman. And WB have made far more than one DC film so far and none of it involved a cinematic universe. They're making it because they can, not because they should. It's not being well crafted like the Marvel universe was in Phase One. And it took 4 characters to make the MCU; Iron Man, Hulk, Thor and Captain America in their own films. Another thing you're wrong about.

And I don't think you realise how biased and hypocritical you're sounding right now. If anything, I'm more of a DC fan than a Marvel fan. Most of my favourite characters are DC, most of my current comics and overall collection is DC and I comment more on DC threads than Marvel ones. I have a preference for DC over Marvel so I believe that shoots down all your misconceptions that I'm a Marvel fanboy. And I scrutinise DC's current direction because I care about DC and its characters. I care about what these characters represent and how, when they're done right, old characters can have new life breathed into them via comics, cartoons and films. In many respects, DC is failing on those aspects and that's why, as a fan, I have the absolute right to complain about it. It's not hate as you wrongly think it is, it's legitimate criticism. Agree or disagree, I don't give a damn whether you do but I'm not liking the direction Batman vs Superman is going in. I haven't judged it yet because I haven't seen the film but given that Batman is being forced into the film, Wonder Woman is now appearing and the fact it's already turning into a Justice League prequel, I don't have much to get excited about. I'm viewing this with an open mind, something I didn't do last time with MOS.

News flash, ALL superhero movies including marvels have been written for non-super-hero fans, does it or doesnt it qualify as enjoyment then? How is that a hypocritical statement? cause theres nothing hypocritical about it, maybe a misunderstanding but not hypocritical. How do you expect someone who hasnt been superman at all through the movie and donned the cape for an hour to become a character with the makings of superman? do you realise how you sound? How do you suddenly turn a lost man into a caped hero in 2 hours? you dont, you show it as a process, hence trilogies exist. How is he edgy and an emo? provide proofs before spewing c***, this superman questioned his origins and was lost, thats perfect for a lone survivor of an alien, you really think people want the boyscout superman? this is 2014, not the 1930s, the superman portrayed in man of steel is the more human and real superman, fitting for the mainstream audience and todays age. WB tends to give a lot of rights to their directors, look at nolan, who flat out refused to include his batman in any cinematic universe, at such a time you simply dont force the director to do the opposite. Can and should doesnt make a difference, if you CAN make something it means you want to, it means passion and interest; if you do the contrary and should make it, it implies pressure and force. The marvel universe phase one had ONE good movie, the rest werent even viewed or watched, thats not well crafted, it was rushed, two came out in one year. As for claiming 4 movies, its funny how that works out, marvel literally ignored the incredible hulk, its nowhere to be seen or heard, they never talk about it, mention it or even acknowledge it.....look at their guardians of the galaxy poster, no mention of the hulk.....so i'll stick with 3 movies.

Biased and hypocritical? thats a perfect description of yourself, i merely pointed a flaw to how you're treating DC, how does that come close to proving im a hypocrite and biased? im OPEN MINDED, BIG difference. Sorry all that is statement, no proof, i dont need to buy that "im a DC fan first" lie, especially when theres no proof and especially when most if not all, fanboys say the same thing. It doesnt shoot down any "misconception" as that would require objective proof, which you didnt provide, i dont know you, you're a guy behind a screen spewing nonsense, you expect me to take your word that you're a DC fan after bashing them? And you dont think marvels taking just as a worse a direction if not worse? Now you're sounding like a hipster from the 1930's, i didnt need to here your sobing over DC's direction, cause thats YOUR problem, not mine, im loving DC's direction, so your comment doesnt make any difference to me or DC. And what direction is BvS going exactly? assuming that you've already watched it ahead of its time and know the full detail of its structure? which you dont and havnt, soo keep the judgement for later......curiosity CAN be an issue but no dislike when they havnt done anything else or released anything else.

News flash AGAIN, this is NOT a MoS sequel, this is exactly what it is, a BvS movie that sets up the JL.......you still dont realise the direction DC's going do you? the newly created DC cinematic universe is telling a SINGLE story hence these movies are connected and getting movies that arent a sequel to eachother.....and wonderwoman is likely getting a cameo at the end credits scene. Consider every movie an unofficial sequel to one another, heck if theres a wonder woman movie, even thats a sequel to the original MoS. Thats COMPLETELY different to marvel, marvel isnt telling a single story, every one of their movie is a different story to one another, hence their formula worked for them, but thats not DC.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.