Shouldn't Dazzler Be an Omega Level Mutant?

• 134 results
#101 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Fanwank...Classy haha. I suppose, i guess it was made to be, "My hero is better than your hero" kind of thing

#102 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"pixelized says:
"Vance Astro says:
"fesak says:
"Vance Astro says:
"fesak says:
"How is it right? I can make a list and put up on that site. Would that make it right?"
Not if you just made up any old thing.If I actually read X-men I would know who is more powerful than other characters."
That list is exactly that. Made up by some random guy."
Yea, but what I am saying is if you look at all the lists the characters seem to placed there in the right order.Why should you have to say Magneto or Storm is Omega.They are clearly two of the most powerful mutants on earth.Aww forget it i'm going back to bed."
I was feelin what you were saying, until the magneto and storm popped up...I disagree"
Are you kidding me?"

Yahh...you called them "the two most powerful" which is so not the case

#103 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"Fanwank...Classy haha. I suppose, i guess it was made to be, "My hero is better than your hero" kind of thing"

Well, that is certainly what it has become. Everyone struggling to get their favorite character bumped up a rating because...of something, I'm not sure what.

But I think it probably was just thrown in as a cool sounding way to say, "these characters are bad-@ss". I doubt they realized that it would take off in the fanbase the way it did.

Because that would mean Marvel thought ahead, and they obviously don't do that.

Post Edited:2008-03-20 07:54:26

#104 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"Vance Astro says:
"pixelized says:
"Vance Astro says:
"fesak says:
"Vance Astro says:
"fesak says:
"How is it right? I can make a list and put up on that site. Would that make it right?"
Not if you just made up any old thing.If I actually read X-men I would know who is more powerful than other characters."
Yea, but what I am saying is if you look at all the lists the characters seem to placed there in the right order.Why should you have to say Magneto or Storm is Omega.They are clearly two of the most powerful mutants on earth.Aww forget it i'm going back to bed."
I was feelin what you were saying, until the magneto and storm popped up...I disagree"
Are you kidding me?"
Yahh...you called them "the two **most powerful**" which is so not the case "

Way to put words im my mouth.I said they were two OF the most powerful I didn't say they were the most powerful period.

#105 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess the rating and classification started with the cards before.

Then on tv you had that of mutant x - classifying them based on their core abilities

in X-Men 3 there is a brief mention of a level 5 mutant...i just don't know if there is a mention of omega level. I am still looking for a confirmation on it but I know that Jean Grey was compared to a god.

#106 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"pixelized says:
"Vance Astro says:
"pixelized says:
"Vance Astro says:
"fesak says:
"Vance Astro says:
"fesak says:
Are you kidding me?"
Way to put words im my mouth.I said they were two OF the most powerful I didn't say they were the most powerful period."

No...The words "They Are" were definetly used by you...i simply quoted you

#107 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"Vance Astro says:
"pixelized says:
"Vance Astro says:
"pixelized says:
"Vance Astro says:
"fesak says:
"Vance Astro says:
"fesak says:
Are you kidding me?"
Way to put words im my mouth.I said they were two OF the most powerful I didn't say they were the most powerful period."

No...The words "They Are" were definetly used by you...i simply quoted you

"

Did you not read what I said.My exact words in the post you quoted were "They are two OF the most powerful mutants on earth.That means that they may not be more powerful than anyone already classified Omega but as of right now they are still pretty powerful in comparison.

#108 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Dazzler shouldn't be an Omega level Mutant because it's f-cking Dazzler.

#109 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Dazzler is the original Gangstress...dont diss. haha

#110 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, she wears a disco jumpsuit and wouldn't put out for Ash. She's totally stupid.

#111 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Did you not read what I said.My exact words in the post you quoted were "They are two OF the most powerful mutants on earth.That means that they may not be more powerful than anyone already classified Omega but as of right now they are still pretty powerful in comparison.
"
Awww this was before vance and i made sexy time.

Gottheit said:
"

Dude, she wears a disco jumpsuit and wouldn't put out for Ash. She's totally stupid.

"
I'm sure saving the world from zombies is a tad bit more important then having sex.
#112 Posted by GreyGoose (5044 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Did you not read what I said.My exact words in the post you quoted were "They are two OF the most powerful mutants on earth.That means that they may not be more powerful than anyone already classified Omega but as of right now they are still pretty powerful in comparison.
"
Awww this was before vance and i made sexy time.

Gottheit said:
"

"
I'm sure saving the world from zombies is a tad bit more important then having sex.
"
i agree
#113 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Dazzler should not be Omega-level.  I like her powers though.

#114 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"

Oh and Total Brainwave....why hasnt Miss wanda Maximoff herself made the list yet?

"

Cause no one knows where the mutant powers end and the magic begins. 
#115 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

they're practically one in the same

#116 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"they're practically one in the same"

No.  Not really.
#117 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
White Mage said:
"pixelized said:

No.  Not really."
they work together.

Twilight Man said:
"Isn't Omega-level most often defined by fine manipulation of molecules or particles, and a great range at that matter? I don't think Dazzler should be an Omega, possibly Alpha.
"
#118 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"White Mage said:
"pixelized said:

No.  Not really."
they work together.

Twilight Man said:
"Isn't Omega-level most often defined by fine manipulation of molecules or particles, and a great range at that matter? I don't think Dazzler should be an Omega, possibly Alpha.
"
"
But which one enhances the other?  Scarlet Witch is a blend of science, and magic.  Her probability was greatly enhanced because of mystic enhancement.  But (as Mystic Arcana brought up) does her magic affect her mutant powers, or vice versa?  Sometimes she performed feats that were like, "Ok, how did she do that?"  She warped the entire universe (and other dimensions) on a scale that even Dr. Strange finds risky/difficult to undo.  But is this because of her mutant powers?  Or is her magic THAT strong?  Or is it because of her mutant powers that her magic is THAT strong?  Or, is it because of her magic that her mutant powers are THAT strong?  1 question, no answers.  So, we have no idea what made this woman become as powerful as she is.  All we have, is the generic answer that goes something like, "She's a science and magic blend". 
#119 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Omega refers to the individual not solely the power. so yes she's a blend of science and magic but we combine the two, call it scarlet witch, analyze her previous feats and slap a Omega label on her and keep it moving.

#120 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Omega refers to the individual not solely the power. so yes she's a blend of science and magic but we combine the two, call it scarlet witch, analyze her previous feats and slap a Omega label on her and keep it moving."
Yes, Omega refers to the mutant.  But, is that mutant's powers over probability HELPING it to use magic even more effectively?  All of this could be magic, with mutant aid.  It's sorta like Selene.  Only even more confusing.
#121 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

mkay

#122 Posted by Silverheart (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course she should be an omega.  She has no limit to the amount of light and sound she can absorb and project, she is virtually immortal, she could enter a black hole,  successfully fight whilst in said area, and then come out unharmed, she defeated the Hulk solo, something not even the great Dr. Stange could do, AND she has been referred to as Uber Powerful by a numerous amount of beings throughout the series.

The omega status might be somewhat superfluous, but I care not!  Dazzler rocks!

#123 Posted by Swagga Vance (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Dazzler is potential omega but not confirmed.She hasn't been back in X-men that long.

#124 Posted by Hyperion322 (112 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been stated in the past there there seems to be no limit to the amount of sound Dazzler can absorb, so the amount of light she can generate is essentially limitless. Think back when she was selected by Galactus to help him retrieve Terrax. That in itself should classify Dazzler as an Omega Level Mutant. And yes, now with this stranger resurrection power there seems to be no stopping the mutant songbird.

~ Hype 

#125 Posted by G-w-D (547 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't the reliance on Sound prove her not to be Omega ?

#126 Posted by forze (435 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"

What makes Iceman omega? I will never understand it

"

Iceman is Omega because he can control the movement of atoms.  He doesn't actually produce ice, that's just the side effect. 

Omega mutants are mutants that are born with unlimited potencial.  Alpha mutants have limit to their powers while omega has none.  You can't work hard to attain omega status, you are born as omega.  Meaning omega mutant also has to also work to become powerful ( a perfect example is Iceman who has no motivation to become stronger till recently, thus seems weaker than Magneto) thus having the illusion that some are weaker than alpha.  The difference is, alpha mutant will have a upper limit to their power while omega mutants will continue to grow.   
#127 Posted by forze (435 posts) - - Show Bio
G-w-D said:
"

Doesn't the reliance on Sound prove her not to be Omega ?

"

I believe thats correct, her power is limited by the sound she absorb, thus limiting her severely. 
#128 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
forze said:
"pixelized said:
"

What makes Iceman omega? I will never understand it

"
Iceman is Omega because he can control the movement of atoms.  He doesn't actually produce ice, that's just the side effect.  Omega mutants are mutants that are born with unlimited potencial.  Alpha mutants have limit to their powers while omega has none.  You can't work hard to attain omega status, you are born as omega.  Meaning omega mutant also has to also work to become powerful ( a perfect example is Iceman who has no motivation to become stronger till recently, thus seems weaker than Magneto) thus having the illusion that some are weaker than alpha.  The difference is, alpha mutant will have a upper limit to their power while omega mutants will continue to grow.   "
months ago.
#129 Posted by HeroineAddict (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the "Omega Level" is ridiculious.  Where's the challenge and the drama if you are basically "all-powerful?"  As far as I'm concerned Dazzler can be as powerful or as weak as the sound available to her and the energy stored within.

#130 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Or as powerful & as weak as the writers want her to be...  

In the world of comics, Writers are Gods ;)

#131 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Swagga Vance said:
" Dazzler is potential omega but not confirmed.She hasn't been back in X-men that long. "
LOL..it's me.
#132 Posted by HeroineAddict (68 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:
At least with the gods they'll have a good excuse with Dazzler.  With enough sound she could smack around the whole Wrecking Crew.  Only to be sucker punched by Willie Lumpkin a few minutes later.
#133 Posted by lennyoks (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Well she does stand out from other most other mutants and superbeings that absorb energy in that she cannot be overloaded, sebastian shaw was overloaded by the hulk sentry overloaded absorbing man, so if she had absorb and transmute infinite amts of sound then by the very definition that her sound absorption capabilities have no limit doesn't that make her Omega level. 
And i had thought mutants unlimited within their specific power sets were considered 'omega' but the arguments put up seem to define omega as just unlimited potential in TP,TK and energy manipulation, neither of which elixir a confirmed omega has. So maybe its about having an unlimited ability, any ability even if it has questionable offensive use(lifeguard n darwin) 
Yeah am saying if my mutant power is to make straight an unlimited number of bananas then i'm probably omega level

#134 Posted by DazzlerStar (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus said that she are one of the strongest mutants on the earth

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.