Shouldn't Dazzler Be an Omega Level Mutant?

• 134 results
#1 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that was the intention of her creators but was not realized because of her lack of luster. hmm....

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Dazzler isn't even alive.

#3 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

If I have my sources right, Dazzler have a resurrection factor...can not be killed.

It is not yet resolved why it is so.

#4 Posted by fesak (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Dazzler isn't even alive."

Yes she is, she was recently reunited with Longshot in the Die by the Sword mini.

And she should not be an omega, no one should since the term is insanely stupid.

#5 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

haha I was waiting for fes to say something about Omega

What's the point? There are plenty of people that can beat Omegas, so what are they? Stupid Marvel there IS nothing after omega

#6 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

O_0

#7 Posted by Frameshift (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Her mirrorball-necklace and matching rollerskates are enough of a liability to keep her from Omega Status.

This is actually a good thing as every other double D-cup mutant is Omega Status thereby making the whole term stupid.

#8 Posted by Alpha (7329 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Omega the power level of mutants? Thats's not saying they are all powerful but in comparison to other mutants they are more powerful.

#9 Posted by Strobe (9 posts) - - Show Bio

The term omega level has never fully been defined but here is pretty much the most common understanding of them. Omega mutants are the most powerful class of mutants. Omega mutants can control matter and energy without the aid of any tools or depence on an outside source. They have unlimited potential and are possibly even immortal. In addition to actual power, Omega mutants are not hindered by their powers. Meaning their physical appearance matches that of normal base-line humans, allowing them to live a normal life and blend with the normal population, if they wish.

While dazzler has almost all of these as a description even her newly shown possible immortality, she lacks in one major area. Dazzler while incredible in power and can fully manipulate light to any extent, she requires sound. The basis of her power is that she transduces sound into light. If she was able to bodily create light with no outside needs then she would most definately be an Omega Level Mutant. This is not the case, she requires sound to make light. NO sound, NO power.

This would define Dazzler as an Alpha-Level Mutant.

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Vance Astro says:
Yes she is, she was recently reunited with Longshot in the Die by the Sword mini. And she should not be an omega, no one should since the term is insanely stupid."

The term isn't insanely stupid.Your going overboard.

#11 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is Ice Prince talking to?

#12 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice one STROBE!

#13 Posted by Strobe (9 posts) - - Show Bio

He would be responding to me, Strobe. Read up a few more post to find mine.

#14 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"fesak says:
"Vance Astro says:
Yes she is, she was recently reunited with Longshot in the Die by the Sword mini. And she should not be an omega, no one should since the term is insanely stupid."

it is kinda silly"

because it doesn't actually mean anything

#15 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Vance Astro says:

it is kinda silly

#16 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

exactly

#17 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19243 posts) - - Show Bio

Dazzler is cool but not an omega level mutant. I bet jubille would win against her because of her ability to detonate matter at a sub atomic level. She would be able to disintergrated her on the spot.

#18 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Slight says:

"Dazzler is cool but not an omega level mutant. I bet jubille would win against her because of her ability to detonate matter at a sub atomic level. She would be able to disintergrated her on the spot."

I would have to agree on that Slight

BUT if the Dazzler can attack or blind Jubilee 1st now there lies the problem. Dazzler has been used several times where she was able to exhibit too powerful attacks and cast light illusions.

Omega-Level or Alpha Level mutants are the same except that Alpha makes use of something before activating their powers while omega level just need to think about it and viola! their powers are manifesting every where. Also Alpha and Omega mutants are normal looking mutants that can blend with the normal human population.

#19 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Strobe says:

"The term omega level has never fully been defined but here is pretty much the most common understanding of them. Omega mutants are the most powerful class of mutants. Omega mutants can control matter and energy without the aid of any tools or depence on an outside source. They have unlimited potential and are possibly even immortal. In addition to actual power, Omega mutants are not hindered by their powers. Meaning their physical appearance matches that of normal base-line humans, allowing them to live a normal life and blend with the normal population, if they wish. While dazzler has almost all of these as a description even her newly shown possible immortality, she lacks in one major area. Dazzler while incredible in power and can fully manipulate light to any extent, she requires sound. The basis of her power is that she transduces sound into light. If she was able to bodily create light with no outside needs then she would most definately be an Omega Level Mutant. This is not the case, she requires sound to make light. NO sound, NO power. This would define Dazzler as an Alpha-Level Mutant."

Wouldnt you be Omega Level based on what you can do with your power in comparison to others? I think Miss Dizzle Dazzle qualifies as that

#20 Posted by Tao Ming (940 posts) - - Show Bio

Did they ever explain why she couldn't use the sound of her voice to use her powers? I haven't been up on Dazzler for quite some time now and always tthought that to be really stupid.

#21 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Tao Ming says:

"Did they ever explain why she couldn't use the sound of her voice to use her powers? I haven't been up on Dazzler for quite some time now and always tthought that to be really stupid."

Well no official statement as to why but that is what is written on her character's profile, I guess that is to limit her for being too powerful at once. But it does sound unfair.

#22 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

IcePrince_X says:

"I believe that was the intention of her creators but was not realized because of her lack of luster. hmm...."

My understanding of Omega, by who is already listed as an Omega, is that they have to be able to psionically manipulte matter on a sub atomic scale.

Dazzler doesn't do that. She manipulates energy just like Cyclops and Havok do, turning one form of energy into another. She can do more with her energy output, but all she is doing is transforming one form of energy, sound, into another, light.

But I also agree with the previous posters that stated that "Omega class" is essentially meaningless.
Post Edited:2008-03-20 04:37:48

#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"IcePrince_X says:
"I believe that was the intention of her creators but was not realized because of her lack of luster. hmm...."
My understanding of Omega, by who is already listed as an Omega, is that they have to be able to psionically manipulte matter on a sub atomic scale. Dazzler doesn't do that. She manipulates energy just like Cyclops and Havok do, turning one form of energy into another. She can do more with her energy output, but all she is doing is transforming one form of energy, sound, into another, light. But I also agree with the previous posters that stated that "Omega class" is essentially meaningless.
Post Edited:2008-03-20 04:37:48"

Omega class isn't meaningless it's a tier.Everyone is Omega Class is more powerful than everyone that is Alpha class and so on.

#24 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really.

There is no way Elixir can beat Magneto.

#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"Not really. There is no way Elixir can beat Magneto. "

Elixir isn't at the peak of his powers...he's still young.What Omega Level says about potential is Elixir will eventually have powers that will greater than that of all mutants below that tier.

#26 Posted by fesak (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

Completely meaningless.

#27 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how as he does not have the access to array of energies that Magneto does on top of being able to manipulate both organic and inorganic matter on a sub-atomic scale. Magneto wields both energy and matter, Elixir only shapes matter (and right now only organic, and he has to be in physical contact for his powers to work).

It's a meaningless rating.

Post Edited:2008-03-20 05:31:42

#28 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless Elixir is suddenly going to start wielding one of the four foundation forces of the universe completely outside his established powerset, he is never going to be as powerful as Magneto.

They should stop trying to establish "Bad Assery" ratings which are complete unscientific and do nothing but give fanboys something to argue about and concentrate instead on classifying types of powers. Matter manipulators (Hellion, Jean Grey, Elixir), Energy Wielders (Magneto, Cyclops, Dazzler, Strom), Regenerators (Wolverine, Deadpool, possibly Husk), Strength (Colossus, Warpath), teleporters (Nightcrawler, Blink), Telepaths (Jean, Emma, Xavier), etc.
Post Edited:2008-03-20 05:43:18

#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be back to explain when i'm not waking up from a nightmare.

#30 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"I don't see how as he does not have the access to array of energies that Magneto does on top of being able to manipulate both organic and inorganic matter on a sub-atomic scale. Magneto wields both energy and matter, Elixir only shapes matter (and right now only organic, and he has to be in physical contact for his powers to work).It's a meaningless rating.
Post Edited:2008-03-20 05:31:42"

Not for some of us.

What do you need to have to be at least be agreeable with a rating?

In Biology, Taxonomy has been proven as one of the field with the largest debate because of the ever changing knowledge we are gaining because of the advancement of technology. But even with this, certain things are accepted as at least the basis of how things are arranged in order.

The attempt of Marvel to classify the powers of their characters are not pointless but is at least an attempt to explain and level things. The problem here is the agreement with the writers who tend to make it over the top.

If I am right, the first attempt to classify mutants actually came from Mutant X, with their mutants being arranged as Elemental, Feral or Psyhic but with varying degree of strength and energy projection.

I am not rubbing the issue to accept the power grid but at least show some open mindedness to how it came to be. Otherwise, we will just end with a lot of people fighting for their heroes/heroine with outlandish basis of powers.

#31 Posted by fesak (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

The main problem is Marvel hasn't attempted to classify the powerlevels of mutants. It's mostly fan fiction.

There are some ill-defined and vague description of Omega, and not much more. I've asked in countless of these threads where the descriptions of beta, gamma, etc. actually comes from and nobody has been able to asnwer that.

#32 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

IcePrince_X says:

Not for some of us.What do you need to have to be at least be agreeable with a rating?In Biology, Taxonomy has been proven as one of the field with the largest debate because of the ever changing knowledge we are gaining because of the advancement of technology. But even with this, certain things are accepted as at least the basis of how things are arranged in order.

You need to go back and reread your biology book again. It's not classified in "order" it's classified by type. Organic life is broken down into fugal, plant, and animal kingdoms. The Animal kinggdom is broken down into bacteria, reptiles, birds, mammals, etc.

In a superhero world it would mean the types should be categorized like this:

-Matter manipulators (Hellion, Jean Grey, Elixir)

-Energy Wielders (Magneto, Cyclops, Dazzler, Storm)

-Regenerators (Wolverine, Deadpool, possibly Husk)

-Strength (Colossus, Warpath)

-teleporters (Nightcrawler, Blink)

-Telepaths (Jean, Emma, Xavier)

etc.

The attempt of Marvel to classify the powers of their characters are not pointless but is at least an attempt to explain and level things. The problem here is the agreement with the writers who tend to make it over the top.

No it isn't, because Marvel steadfastly refuses to define what qualifies each type, beyond "unlimted potential" for Omega. Yet characters that have displayed unlimited potential, such as Magneto and Storm, remain in the Alphas and Elixir, who obviously has shown limits, is classed as Omega. Ergo, the classification system is meaningless.

If I am right, the first attempt to classify mutants actually came from Mutant X, with their mutants being arranged as Elemental, Feral or Psyhic but with varying degree of strength and energy projection.

Actually it comes from the movies. "Class five mutants", etc. which basically were vague scary sounding indicators of how powerful a mutant was, quietly instructing the audience how bad ass they were.

I am not rubbing the issue to accept the power grid but at least show some open mindedness to how it came to be. Otherwise, we will just end with a lot of people fighting for their heroes/heroine with outlandish basis of powers.

It came to be as a vague indicator of how scared fans should be of a character. C'mon.

And people already do fight for their hero/heroine based on the "outlandish" idea of comparing their power sets and feats. They have to because it's rarely a one to one comparison. You don't have many threads of "Jean Grey vs. Emma Frost-telepathy only".

Like I said, by the current "Omega" rating, Elixir should be able to take Magneto, but we all know how ridiculous that is...

Post Edited:2008-03-20 06:17:29

#33 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"The main problem is Marvel hasn't attempted to classify the powerlevels of mutants. It's mostly fan fiction.There are some ill-defined and vague description of Omega, and not much more. I've asked in countless of these threads where the descriptions of beta, gamma, etc. actually comes from and nobody has been able to asnwer that."

It comes from fans. The only thing the fans have to work with is the list of mutants classed as Omega, all the suppositions about what Omega means and what the other classes may be are completely manufactured by the fanbase.

#34 Posted by fesak (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"fesak says:
"The main problem is Marvel hasn't attempted to classify the powerlevels of mutants. It's mostly fan fiction.There are some ill-defined and vague description of Omega, and not much more. I've asked in countless of these threads where the descriptions of beta, gamma, etc. actually comes from and nobody has been able to asnwer that."

It comes from fans. The only thing the fans have to work with is the list of mutants classed as Omega, all the suppositions about what Omega means and what the other classes may be are completely manufactured by the fanbase.

"

I was 99% certain of this. Then the following pages should be deleted:

http://www.comicvine.com/alpha-level-mutant/47882/

http://www.comicvine.com/beta-level-mutant/47883/

http://www.comicvine.com/gamma-level-mutant/48635/

http://www.comicvine.com/delta-level-mutants/47884/

http://www.comicvine.com/epsilon-level-mutant/48655/

#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Pania says:
"fesak says:
"The main problem is Marvel hasn't attempted to classify the powerlevels of mutants. It's mostly fan fiction. There are some ill-defined and vague description of Omega, and not much more. I've asked in countless of these threads where the descriptions of beta, gamma, etc. actually comes from and nobody has been able to asnwer that."
It comes from fans. The only thing the fans have to work with is the list of mutants classed as Omega, all the suppositions about what Omega means and what the other classes may be are completely manufactured by the fanbase. "
I was 99% certain of this. Then the following pages should be deleted: http://www.comicvine.com/alpha-level-mutant/47882/ http://www.comicvine.com/beta-level-mutant/47883/ http://www.comicvine.com/gamma-level-mutant/48635/ http://www.comicvine.com/delta-level-mutants/47884/
" />http://www.comicvine.com/epsilon-level-mutant/48655/"

Agreed.Deleted.

#36 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Pania says:
"fesak says:

"

I was 99% certain of this. Then the following pages should be deleted:

http://www.comicvine.com/alpha-level-mutant/47882/

http://www.comicvine.com/beta-level-mutant/47883/

http://www.comicvine.com/gamma-level-mutant/48635/

http://www.comicvine.com/delta-level-mutants/47884/

" />http://www.comicvine.com/epsilon-level-mutant/48655/"

I've always thought that.

#37 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Well maybe not deleted but changed so that it is actually right.

#38 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Well maybe not deleted but changed so that it is actually right."

There is no "actually right". It's made up by the fans, not Marvel. Go to Wiki of the Marvel website, none of the descriptions of any of the classes has a single reference except the listing of certain mutants as "Omega Class".

Post Edited:2008-03-20 06:15:56

#39 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Well maybe not deleted but changed so that it is actually right."
There is no "actually right". It's made up by the fans, not Marvel. Go to Wiki of the Marvel website, none of the descriptions of any of the classes has a single reference except the listing of certain mutants as "Omega Class".
Post Edited:2008-03-20 06:15:56"

When I said actually right I meant put in terms that you can actually believe.

#40 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

I also don't agree who's in the classes. Beta is for people who have some flaws. They're putting Wolverine in the same category as Beast, Nightcrawler, Mystique, and Angel. Wolverine and Husk have almost no flaws compared to 2 blue, hairy people and a blue lady with yellow eyes.

#41 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

BTW I'm looking at the official Omega Level Classifications on Marvel.com and both Magneto and Storm are on the list.

#42 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

If this site wants to follow the books exactly, then the only page there should be is the one for "Omega" with the list. Perhaps with a brief discussion about fan suppositions of the entire rating system. But beyond that, there is no basis in the comic books for any other information.
Post Edited:2008-03-20 06:25:25

#43 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, yes, that is what I said. However, I have not seen Alpha, Beta, Epsilon, etc. used in the comics and those are the pages being considered for deletion.

And Omega really doesn't class the most powerful mutants, as I have explained and given examples for.
Post Edited:2008-03-20 06:27:35

#44 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"If this site wants to follow the books exactly, then the only page there should be is the one for "Omega" with the list. Perhaps with a brief discussion about fan suppositions of the entire rating system. But beyond that, there is no basis in the comic books for any of that information."

The term is used in the comics though....and "Omega Level" does identify the people classified as the most powerful mutants.

#45 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"fesak says:
"Vance Astro says:
The term isn't insanely stupid.Your going overboard."

oh god...odn't get him to started lol

You never saw the "Storm should be an Omega level mutant" thread, did you?......leaves thread

#46 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

"Vance Astro says:
"fesak says:
"Vance Astro says:
The term isn't insanely stupid.Your going overboard."
oh god...odn't get him to started lol You never saw the "Storm should be an Omega level mutant" thread, did you?......leaves thread"

STORM IS OMEGA LEVEL

#49 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

You need to go back and reread your biology book again. It's not classified in "order" it's classified by type. Organic life is broken down into fugal, plant, and animal kingdoms. The Animal kinggdom is broken down into bacteria, reptiles, birds, mammals, etc.

Just a point of clarification: DON'T ever CORRECT me in MY FIELD OF WORK and PROFESSION.

I was just trying to cross an idea here and not by merely trying to imply something. THE ORDER that I meant is to come in to a system. If you are going to attack me in semantics of words then be a wise ass as you want it to be.

And what biology book classify bacteria as in Kingdom Animalia? Idiotic teacher who ever came up with that idea or is it just you? There are Six Kingdoms, Kingdom Eubacteria and Kingdom Archaebacteria (To which some books combine as Kingdom Monera), Kingdom Protista, Kingdom Fungi, Kingdom Plantea and Kingdom Animalia. There are debate of a 7th Kingdom but is not yet accepted and may just be put in a Sub-Kingdom or Super-Kingdom. Also there are only two accepted Domain where all species of organism lies Domain Prokaryote and Domain Eukaryote that is based on a cellular level.

And if you really have a problem with the fan-based Classification then do not follow it. No one is stopping you but do not say that people who least base their opinion on what other people did state are DEAD WRONG because at the end of the day, no one knows how these characters are really going to be like except what writers play them to be. But better have an opinion of a hundred than an opinion of one person, like you or ten of you. And I wouldn't think that out of the 100 people who may have helped that classification, they would play favorites but looked at it in a very objective manner.

#50 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"Vance Astro says:
Oh,ok. http://en.marveldatabase.com/Category:Alpha_Level_Mutants http://en.marveldatabase.com/Category:Beta_Level_Mutants http://en.marveldatabase.com/Category:Gamma_Level_Mutants http://en.marveldatabase.com/Category:Epsilon_Level_Mutants Maybe they should be changed to what these are instead of being deleted."
That is another contributed/edited site. Find me one reference to any of those ratings on panel. "
Damn the reference...you know whose stronger than who. You know whose potential grows quicker than other.
Post Edited:2008-03-20 06:45:45

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.