Two More Mutants Confirmed for 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Movie

• 61 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio

Director Bryan Singer sure loves teasing us via Twitter. He's used his page to reveal the return of cast members, costumes, and even the addition of new characters. And today, he once again presented the addition of even more mutants to the really, really, reallllllllllly large cast. Watch the Vine video HERE to see the two new dudes joining the fray.

Did you catch that? If not, he's publicly welcoming Bishop and Warpath to the film. Bishop certainly makes sense seeing as we're dealing with time travel and what not, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned. Attempting to properly juggle such a large group of characters certainly won't be easy by any measure (unless quite a few have trivial roles, of course). Regardless, only time will tell if the final product rocks or leaves us disappointed. In the meantime, who do you think is a good casting choice for either character? Speak your mind below.

Oh, and in case you missed it, he also tweeted an image of Storm the other day.

Source: Twitter

Staff Online
#1 Posted by Merc20 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

To many characters.....I really hopes this does well

#2 Edited by crazy8504 (67 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope a lot of these characters being cast are just in the background or is used as some kind a flash back scene. because I love x-men and even I think he has way to many character in this movie.

#3 Posted by fables87 (918 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm should be in a Mohawk!

#4 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

oh man. berry in superhero movies...... always golden. like in catwoman. such a talented actress. her peak being naked in swordfish. i am not a liar.

#5 Edited by Renchamp (2273 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see a lot of these confirmed mutants as background characters. Colossus was in the prior X-Men movies briefly, but I loved seeing him for those few minutes. It made the universe feel more complete.

#6 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@renchamp said:

I can see a lot of these confirmed mutants as background characters. Colossus was in the prior X-Men movies briefly, but I loved seeing him for those few minutes. It made the universe feel more complete.

#7 Edited by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Bishop? He is not from the Days of Future Past story. Oh geez, they are doing what Kyle/Yost did in Wolverine and the X-Men and combining the two universes or what X-Men TAS did with Bishop (which wasn't a good thing).

#8 Posted by JamDamage (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

sure are a lot of characters. At least Wolverine won't be in this to take up the whole movie. Should be interesting because of that alone. Still. Sure are a lot of cameos. Can someone please give me a quick rundown of all the characters in the movie already? Make a list.

#9 Edited by Cypher4 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@jamdamage: Wolverine's in it. The very first one they showed was Logan.

#10 Posted by grenade728 (748 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a lot of characters...

#11 Posted by Cypher4 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see Bishop in it. Warpath is a cool character, but I'm surprised they included him. I had no idea Blink was in it until this video. Not too thrilled about that. Nothing against Blink, but I can think of a whole bunch of characters who haven't appeared that I'd rather see. But I suppose some people would like to see her.

#12 Edited by SimonM7 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

I was initially worried when the cast grew, but now it's grown so far beyond what you're even trying to achieve with a smaller ensemble movie, into what I can only assume is a very different style of storytelling, in terms of super hero movies.

It's definitely not uncommon for movies, generally, to have casts this big, and if you treat these characters less like stories in themselves, and more as players in a larger story - who just happen to be super powered - it makes a lot more sense. I think the main worry at this point is how randomly this movie seems to have become significantly bigger than was originally planned. If it wasn't thought out properly beforehand, but rather a story that has now been stretched to accommodate a bajillion random cameos, then that's problematic to say the least.

I will say, however, that the strength of the original X-Men films was - among other things - its cavalier attitude to the powers that these characters have. There were rarely closeups of a certain power being used, and the fact that they're superhuman was almost played down to a level where it didn't seem strange or even noteworthy, because to them, the characters themselves, it wasn't. A movie like this doesn't need to give each character a Wrestling intro style setup, they can play their parts and their role in the story can be established the same way any other movie does it. It's a different climate nowadays among moviegoers, too - you don't need to sell them on the fundamental concept of super powers any more, and that means you can make less of a fuss about it.

As for Halle Berry, I don't mind her acting skills per se. Her on screen presence just isn't even remotely commanding enough to pull these roles off. Her action face makes her look confused and annoyed, and her tension face is pure deer-in-headlights. I recall Fox throwing the name Rutina Wesley around, which frankly would make absolutely zero difference. So, hey, at least we're not missing out anyway.

#13 Posted by Chaos Burn (1772 posts) - - Show Bio

don't see how they can make this work. Random mutants with one/two lines will just cheapen the experience for me. Like in Wolverine Origins when they shoved in that stupid Emma Frost, and that poor excuse for a Gambit

#14 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Still waiting on Cyclops, Bryan Singer! I refuse to believe he died in X3.

#15 Edited by leosol (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Singer also tweeted a picture of Himself and a few castmates at a hockey game, included among them was Adan Canto *castmate of Shawn Ashmore on The Following* who himself tweeted that he may be playing a mutant that bursts into a ball of fire when he gets angry. Canto is Mexican. Fire powers + xman + hispanic + anger issues = Sunspot

#16 Edited by mickeymayhew (201 posts) - - Show Bio

is Havok in this movie?

#17 Posted by Mucklefluga (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling this will flop. Definitely not money-wise, but probably the quality of the movie.

#18 Posted by The Mast (770 posts) - - Show Bio

Good god. Storm looks absolutely awful. She looks like, as my friend said, Rolanda Hooch doing a reverse Michael Jackson.

#19 Posted by wmwadeii (3191 posts) - - Show Bio

Be afraid, be very afraid.

#20 Edited by sora_thekey (8150 posts) - - Show Bio

Warpath... Hmm? How does he fit in??
Bishop makes sense.. It was either that or Rachel Grey and I don't think they want to touch the Phoenix again. Not yet anyways.

I am wondering if this is setting up a future X-Men: Age of Apocalypse movie since Blink is involved.

#21 Posted by CitizenJP (588 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh gawd I just want to know what is going on in this movie lol.

#22 Posted by nappystr8 (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

I was really hoping for Bishop to make the cut, and while Warpath never crossed my mind, he is a great character that I would love to see on the screen. So this is all good news.

#23 Posted by desmond006 (595 posts) - - Show Bio

I have mixed feelings about this, but I'm mostly excited.

#24 Posted by wtk1013 (189 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie might be pretty good,and based on the way Storm looks in MARVEL NOW, Storm looks pretty cool in the picture.

#25 Posted by iceslick (773 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree this is too many characters. I'm assuming me are gonna see characters that we didn't even know were there like in X-Men 3's Psylocke. It looks like this movie won't be so good....

#26 Posted by deaditegonzo (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hate that Cyclops is going to be totally neglected again.

#27 Posted by Oscars94 (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

@mickeymayhew: Yeah, I want Havok and Banshee to be in this movie.I wanted Cyclops to see his brother. When I saw that picture of Storm I though that maybe a good plot point would be that her design was a tribute for Banshee's costume. Beast is gonna be in it and he,Havok,Banshee and Charles Xavier were the only members of the X-men left in X-men First Class. It only makes sense to keep them in.

#28 Posted by tommyx (23 posts) - - Show Bio

If we get old and new Xaviers and Magnetos, why have they only confirmed the new Beast? Shouldn't they wrangle Frasier into coming back?

Halle Berry, please take your millions, speak only when in front of the camera, and keep your ideas to yourself. Why does Storm have to have your crap hairstyle?!

#29 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7487 posts) - - Show Bio

That Storm costume looks amazing.

#30 Posted by Teerack (5221 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Fox's strategy of making every X-Men dress in a really lame super generic costume in every movie to make sure none of them look cool.

#31 Edited by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Geez, just how many characters will this movie have? I mean on one hand I'm thinking "awesome, more the merrier!" but another part of me is thinking "Wayyyy too much".

#32 Edited by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

It's already been stated that Booboo Stewart was cast as Warpath and Omar Sy was cast as Bishop!

When they teased that image a few weeks back with the headshots of actors... only two were unconfirmed, but now they have been cast!

#33 Posted by Eternelle (1070 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many characters.

#34 Edited by Overlander (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm needs more mohawk.

#35 Posted by comicfan123 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_mast: Really? I don't know; I personally think she looks like a black gender-bent Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy, only without the idiotically huge sword.

#36 Posted by thenexusrebound (239 posts) - - Show Bio

I imagine most of the original cast X-men are just going to be seen in a dystopia future, not through out the movie. I am reserving any judgement until we get trailers. Right now it seems like a lot of characters, but I doubt Booboo is getting tons of face time. Most likely most of these characters are going to be background or brief cameos for story purposes. I could see this movie with a lot of these characters fighting in the future but getting decimated, kinda like the start of the terminator movies where you see glimpses of the future.

#37 Edited by tupiaz (2166 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm afraid that this movie will have several problems. One too many characters. I thought that X-Men: First Class had one or two too many. Also the whole time-travel along with many characters from different periods can make the movie confusing especially with people that don't know the original stories or have read the X-Men stories en general.

#38 Posted by MSzekeresh (94 posts) - - Show Bio

At least we won't have an X-3 situation where every mutant who wasn't a main character just looked like a homeless raver.

#39 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (10917 posts) - - Show Bio

People are saying too many characters...who is confirmed in the movie thus far?

PS: I'm hoping Cyclops comes back...

#40 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

I am bit nervous about this (having too many characters in one film.) I can see and understand clearly if Singer is going for trilogy movies, rather than one-shot movie. Seeing Bishop on the screen would've been nice!

#41 Edited by GREGalicious (467 posts) - - Show Bio

Im loving the group thus far but I dunno why people are complaining about too many characters. Bryan made it work just fine in X-Men, X2, and First Class and he'll do it again here. Plus im super excited about BLINK being in the film. I personally would love to see the return of CYCLOPS and JEAN but it is good to see some fresh faces as well.

#42 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

<---not complaining. Just concern that's all. And by the way, Singer didn't direct the First Class. :)

#43 Posted by reaperOnyx (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see scarlet witch she deserves to be there

#44 Posted by Vaeternus (9393 posts) - - Show Bio

Eww don't like mohawk or uber short haired Storm..

Eh, IDK I'm more pumped right now for the Wolverine over this film.

#45 Posted by kid Apollo (705 posts) - - Show Bio

@fables87: i agree fully

Halle Berrie/ Storm should have rocked the MOHAWK

#46 Posted by Raw_Material (3208 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, my guess of Bishop to be in Days of future past is an obvious answer. Anyone that was guessing, shoulda got this one right. But anyway, Storm's hair is..ewww!

Anyone guess who's gonna play the role for Bishop?

#47 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5755 posts) - - Show Bio

@merc20 said:

To many characters.....I really hopes this does well

#48 Posted by Namor1987 (1879 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh lord. He where go with everyone & there mama crying about too many character's in Fox's X-Men (again).

Good lord stop crying they've been doing this since X-3 so you should be used it to it by now. Me I like that they're including a lot of the mutants even if they're in cameo roles

#49 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh lord. He where go with everyone & there mama crying about too many character's in Fox's X-Men (again).

Good lord stop crying they've been doing this since X-3 so you should be used it to it by now. Me I like that they're including a lot of the mutants even if they're in cameo roles

"Mama Crying"? No. It's more like we are very concerned about the balance time between characters on the big screen. And, quite frankly, we hate to see our favorite hero(es) only play a small role for the total of 2 to 5 minutes at most in the entire movie. It makes them look "cheap" and/or "unimportant" part of the story. Personal, I hate that myself and it's not a "mama-crying" as you've stated; it's a honest-feeling I have and need to express it out on the posts.

#50 Posted by Namor1987 (1879 posts) - - Show Bio

@smurfboy said:

@namor1987 said:

"Mama Crying"? No. It's more like we are very concerned about the balance time between characters on the big screen. And, quite frankly, we hate to see our favorite hero(es) only play a small role for the total of 2 to 5 minutes at most in the entire movie. It makes them look "cheap" and/or "unimportant" part of the story. Personal, I hate that myself and it's not a "mama-crying" as you've stated; it's a honest-feeling I have and need to express it out on the posts.

I'm just grateful someone decided to put Warpath & Bishop in the movie. My thing is be grateful that they even thought of these characters. Hell it's been how many movies & still no Scarlet Witch?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.