Follow

"The Uncanny X-Men" Days of Future Past

Story arc »

Days of Future Past is a storyline set in Earth-811 where most of Earth's mutants have been killed.

Hugh Jackman Hints At 'Days of Future Past' Movie Role

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

On December 18th, Days of Future Past director Bryan Singer announced via Twitter that actor Hugh Jackman was officially on board to reprise the role of Wolverine for the next X-Men movie from FOX. And although confirming the actor's return to the role that made him famous with comic fans all over the world i a big step, it still did not explain the extent of his role in the film. Yesterday, however, we were given a bit more insight into just how crucial Jackman will be to the film's plot by the actor himself.

No Caption Provided

In his tweet, Jackman indicates that he will be working with the "new cast" for more than "four hours," and if you've read the Days of Future Past story arc, or WOLVERINE: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST prelude, you know that the character had a significant role in both. It will certainly be interesting to see the extent of the role that the actor will play, and just how Singer plans to integrate this story into the current X-Men movie universe. What do you think of the news? Would you like to see Wolverine in the Days of Future Past movie? Do you think he should play a significant role in the upcoming film?

Source: Twitter

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dondasch

As Wolverine had a rather large role in the movie, I'd say it was only appropriate to include him. Days of Future Past stands as one of the best stories in the X Men universe, if not comics entirely

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By fodigg

Absolutely, Wolverine is important to the Days of Future Past storyline. Even if he's not introduced in the "today" segments, he should be a part of the future segments.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Does anyone know if his new Wolverine movie suppose to tie into this movie as well?

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I think after the Wolverine movie coming out and if it is success it would be a great idea have him in the First Class sequel.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

of course Wolverine should play a significant role in the movie, he was a significant factor in the comics its only right

Spideycap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spideycap

Jackman makes a good Wolvie theres no denying that and he is by far Fox's most recognizable Marvel character, so on that grounds alone it makes sense that they would try to get him into as many movies as possible. This is sounding better and better. If they actually stick close to the real story, this is gonna be a good movie.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LoganRogue24

sounds cool to me wish Rogue was apart of it to.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Mucklefluga

@War Killer said:

Does anyone know if his new Wolverine movie suppose to tie into this movie as well?

The Wolverine is a standalone movie.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mucklefluga

I'm still cautious of how this film is going to turn out.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By sora_thekey

What do you think of the news? Would you like to see Wolverine in the Days of Future Past movie? Do you think he should play a significant role in the upcoming film?
    YES!!!
    YES!!!
    Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#11  Edited By StMichalofWilson

@sora_thekey said:

What do you think of the news? Would you like to see Wolverine in the Days of Future Past movie? Do you think he should play a significant role in the upcoming film?
    YES!!!
    YES!!!

This, is a major victory!

:P

neiliusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By neiliusprime

@War Killer: From what I've read in other reports it suppose to take place after all the X-Men movies with a few flashback scenes of him in Japan

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nerdork

I would absolutely love to have HJ back in the X-Men franchise, and with a significant role again. TO what extent? IMO, as long as it does not take away from the continuity of the rest of the cast to the point that he steals all of the stage and leave the others in obscurity; however, I do not think that anyone could play Wolverine as well as Hugh Jackman, and he is one of my favorite actors. So, I am sure that it his role is going to be great.

Hugh Jackman FTW!!!

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

#14  Edited By Cavemold

BANZINGA

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Mercy_

YES!

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sammo21

I can't help but feel an overwhelming sense of "meh" with this announcement. Seems Fox had a good thing going with the reboot that wasn't a reboot in First Class but now they are quickly retreading back into the same miry crap. Mark Millar's involvement doesn't inspire confidence either as it seems his only goal these days is to produce comics that he can turn around into movies before he's even 1/2 through the script of the actual comic book. We'll see but lately I have a strong feeling of "if Marvel isn't making it then it doesn't exist" with all of this stuff.

Avatar image for darklydreamingdeadpool
    DarklyDreamingDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no hugh jackman anymore please, did everybody forgot what he did with x-men origins? this was a failure, you can't forget.

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 23

#18  Edited By GothamRed

@DarklyDreamingDeadpool: The movie wasn't good, he was good in it though, it was the story's fault it sucked. He's done nothing to shake the faith.

DarklyDreamingDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GothamRed: i never liked jackman as logan, he was ok in x1 but got more worse with every movie. his wolverine is much to tame.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By SevanGrim

@DarklyDreamingDeadpool said:

no hugh jackman anymore please, did everybody forgot what he did with x-men origins? this was a failure, you can't forget.

Origin's was Gavin Hood directing, not Bryan Singer. And Hugh and Ryan where the best things about that movie.

Hugh is the best Wolverine we can ever hope for. So yes, all the Hugh Jackman. Forever. What you want is no more bad scripts please.

Which we might be getting from now on. It seems like since the Avengers series worked out so well, every other super hero script might be getting approval from actual comics people instead of just Hollywood idiots.

it seems.

so far.

hopefully.

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GothamRed

@DarklyDreamingDeadpool:That's fine to feel that way, I personally don't agree, I like the new direction on Logan and he still has the rage, but they address the increasing lack of it in later films but it's still there. It's a matter of taste but at the same time how he plays a character is partially from him and part from the director, so regardless of who's playing him you'll probably get a similar performance since Singer is back on this one.

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Smurfboy

That's awesome and all that but make sure not to focus on Wolverine "too much". I'd like to learn more on other heroes on X-Men Team.

DarklyDreamingDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Grim: Which we might be getting from now on. It seems like since the Avengers series worked out so well, every other super hero script might be getting approval from actual comics people instead of just Hollywood idiots.

really? did you saw amazing spider-man?

@GothamRed: yeah, singer is back, but i doubt this means good. they should have kept vaughn instead.

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GothamRed

@DarklyDreamingDeadpool:Vaughn's doing something else, they couldn't get them back, and Singer Produced and i believe co-wrote the last film so he was involved.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By LordRequiem

It's all going wrong. The crappy actors (aside from Patrick Stewart of course) are appearring in what was going to be a good film.

Avatar image for victorvondoom_1
    VictorVonDoom_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By VictorVonDoom_1

@sora_thekey said:

YES!!!
    YES!!!

This is epic.

hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By hunter5024

Im gonna keep saying it until it happens. Time Travel soft reboot to undo X3!

BoyWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BoyWander

I say this anytime FOX or Sony give information about their upcoming films. Give Marvel their characters back!

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29  Edited By Grey56

@GothamRed said:

@DarklyDreamingDeadpool: The movie wasn't good, he was good in it though, it was the story's fault it sucked. He's done nothing to shake the faith.

Agreed, Gotham. Jackman's acting was the saving grace for a film which was intolerable in every measurable manner. The man does great at representing Logan and the mythos that creates him.

ALdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ALdragon17

In the game of Wolverine for XBox 360 and PS3, it hints on the future past. I hope they make a sequel to the game and fights more sentinels. The game was so cool and it was very long (another plus).

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SevanGrim

@DarklyDreamingDeadpool said:

@Grim: Which we might be getting from now on. It seems like since the Avengers series worked out so well, every other super hero script might be getting approval from actual comics people instead of just Hollywood idiots.

really? did you saw amazing spider-man?

yes i did, and it was loads better than Origins. And the other 3 Spidermans IMO. Spiderman was actually cracking jokes and being funny. And a New Yorker. And used his powers to do cool shit like make a motion-detecting web. The few little tweeks they made were (mostly) in character and intelligent, as They mostly found a way to balance ideas from Ultimate and 616 universe... much like the Avengers franchise has been doing.

Amazing Spiderman was better than the FF's. and the Ghost Riders. And Green lantern. And Superman returns. and that first Hulk. Sooooo yes. i think hollywood is putting more thought into the comics movies

Xorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Xorion

Just don't turn this into fifth wolverine movie

irmensul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By irmensul

Anything Singer does will be rubbish..He is not a comic reader or fan.He got X-Men & Superman on the back of one over rated film (the usual suspects) & has trashed the franchise..

Obviously it would of been a hit whoever did it...this is not the point as it would of been so much better if a true artist like say Jackson or Veerhoven had done it..(not specifically them but you know what I mean)

Avatar image for monkeyonurback_
    monkeyonurback_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By monkeyonurback_

IF THEY GET ELLEN PAGE BACK I WILL SEE THIS MOVIE A HUNDRED TIMES A MINUTE! DO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Avatar image for deactivated-6212d9bb8a06e
    deactivated-6212d9bb8a06e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Grim: I second your opinion. =)

In fact, you know what really confuses me? How it seems people on the Internet dislike The Amazing Spider-Man (which to me was actually CLOSER TO THE SPIDER-MAN COMIC BOOK, which is what I've wanted all along), and yet they go all nostalgic on the Sam Raimi trilogy. The old trilogy can go jump off a bridge and die; the reboot has the Spider-Man I've always wanted-- a smart, clever, likable young wise-cracker.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SevanGrim

@monkeyonurback_ said:

IF THEY GET ELLEN PAGE BACK I WILL SEE THIS MOVIE A HUNDRED TIMES A MINUTE! DO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

YYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

@comicfan123 said:

@Grim: I second your opinion. =)

In fact, you know what really confuses me? How it seems people on the Internet dislike The Amazing Spider-Man (which to me was actually CLOSER TO THE SPIDER-MAN COMIC BOOK, which is what I've wanted all along), and yet they go all nostalgic on the Sam Raimi trilogy. The old trilogy can go jump off a bridge and die; the reboot has the Spider-Man I've always wanted-- a smart, clever, likable young wise-cracker.

its a strange phenomenon....

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Seems he certainly is going to have a lot on his plate with doing this AND The Wolverine. Can't wait for either to be honest. I hope his role is significant but then again, it just reconfirms the passing joke that all X-Men live movies ever made have in one way or another been about Logan.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lykopis

This story cannot be told without Wolverine. It can't. Thank goodness Hugh is on board with this.

musim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By musim

I'm weirded out by this post and response to it. Seeing as how I just read the original Days of Future past a few months ago, Wolverine isn't the main character. He's barely in it. Its pretty much all about Kitty Pryde. Future Wolverine dies midway through it. Normal day Wolverine has little to no actual role in it.

X1 and X2 are okay movies. The comic book movies of the last decade have proved that they really were just stepping stones whose only prominent quality was they were stepping stones. Otherwise they really aren't very good.

While I enjoy Hugh Jackman's Wolverine the simple fact is the man's a foot too tall and has a severe lack of body hair. Topple that with this idea that comic fans have gotten over the last 10 years that Jean is his one and truly as opposed to all the other women in his life (most notably the one that better be in The Wolverine) and I become pretty sad.

X-Men First Class in my opinion was the first good X-Men movie. Its on the track with the right mindset. Sure it had a lot of problems but in the wake of how right Xavier and Magneto were, I can ignore the problems the movie had (most notably Beast).

I'm actually pretty horrified Bryan Singer is back on board and I'm more horrified he's going to cram the movie full of past characters. I would think getting as far away from X1-3 is exactly what the X universe needs to do.

X-Men should easily have the best comic book movie ever written because of the richness of the source material and characters, yet they're pretty much at the bottom of the list of decent comic book movies.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#40  Edited By amazing_webhead

I'm starting to think the fact that Wolverine has been in literally every X-Men film is the studio's nod to how he appears so often, to the point of appearing in multiple comics at the same time in different costumes

snoweye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#41  Edited By snoweye

I really like hugh jackman on the Logan,s role, but the main caracther on Future days past, is Kitty Pryde, an even rachel Summers, ande the brotherhood of mystique fighting to 70´s Byrne /claremont x-men, by once a time , maybe Synger could make the things well and do the story line equal at the comic books,it´s a full packet and autoconclusive story, and keep wolverine at second place , it´s enoguh of this role, not is the only x-men with an interesting story!damn hell!

Jtrinidad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jtrinidad

theres a better wolverine out there somewhere...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.