Follow

Daxamites

Team » Daxamites appears in 61 issues.

The Daxamites are inhabitants of the planet Daxam, sister planet to Krypton. Daxamites, under a yellow sun, gain the powers of Superman but are fatally weak against lead.

Daxamites... where art thou???

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Methos

ok, firstly, hands up who remembers the Daxamites from Pre Zero Hour DC continuity?

probably not many of you...

here's a quick refresher course...

The Daxamites were originally Kryptonians who left their homeworld in order to explore the Universe. The Eradicator, programmed to preserve all Kryptonian culture, altered the birthing matrices ("artificial wombs") the explorers took with them so that the newborns would be fatally vulnerable to lead. Thus, if they persisted in their anti-Kryptonian wanderlust, they would all die from it. Later, The Eradicator altered the DNA of all remaining Kryptonian lifeforms so that they would instantly die upon leaving the planet.

Daxamites took part in an invasion of Earth masterminded by the Dominators. During the invasion however, the Daxamite forces discovered that they gained tremendous powers, of a set and scale comparable to Kryptonians, in a yellow sun environment. However, while engaging Superman, the superhero convinced his opponents, who were succumbing to lead poisoning, that their allies were wrong to invade Earth and Kel Gand, Lar Gand's father sent a message before his death to their government to intervene on Earth's behalf. They were successful in this intervention when the Dominators, unaware of the Daxamite physical reaction to Earth's environment, dismissed the small force of primarily troop transports. Thus, they were caught completely off guard when the Daxamites deployed in space an extremely formidable force of hundreds of soldiers who had gained powers and quickly defeated the enemy. They also fought against the galactic destroyer known as Imperiex.

ok, my question is this...

what has happened to the Daxamites after Infinite Crisis?

i know at least one of them survived, Sodam Yat who is now a trainee Green Lantern...

but where's the rest of them?

surely an entire race of beings equal to Superman is powers can't have gone missing in the DCU for this long...

any sightings of them? anywhere?

M

Avatar image for dr__victor_von_doom
    Dr. Victor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

no cough cough

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GL Bertron

I haven't seen anything new on them. God, I almost forgot about them, nice topic there Methos.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Methos

i was just rereading Superman's early time travel adventures with Wave Ryder (way pre crisis on infinite earths lol) and it was stated that a Daxamite would be the ultimate Green Lantern one day and bring the galaxy to peace...

was just wondering if that prophecy could still come true if any of them still exist lol

M

Avatar image for dr__victor_von_doom
    Dr. Victor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

well if so then its probably kyle rayner or hal jordan...

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GL Bertron

Methos says:

"i was just rereading Superman's early time travel adventures with Wave Ryder (way pre crisis on infinite earths lol) and it was stated that a Daxamite would be the ultimate Green Lantern one day and bring the galaxy to peace... was just wondering if that prophecy could still come true if any of them still exist lol M"

I thought that was suppose to be Sodom Yat. Wasn't he prophecied in a comic as the one who would stop Supes one day, then be killed himself.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Mon-El was in Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes recently, his Daxam was killed by lead poisoning 300 years earlier. I haven't seen them in modern continuity either. I think their planet was destroyed in the war with Imperiex.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By the creator

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Mon-El was in Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes recently, his Daxam was killed by lead poisoning 300 years earlier. I haven't seen them in modern continuity either. I think their planet was destroyed in the war with Imperiex."

That could still potentially leave a lot alive off world.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Methos

oh, on a second note...

has the 3rd Kryptonian been identified in current DCU yet?

i know an alien 'collector' said there were 3 on earth... Superman and Supergirl... Superman then ruled out Powergirl being the 3rd one...

M

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By the creator

Methos says:

"oh, on a second note... has the 3rd Kryptonian been identified in current DCU yet? i know an alien 'collector' said there were 3 on earth... Superman and Supergirl... Superman then ruled out Powergirl being the 3rd one... M"

It kicks in to high gear in Action comics 669, then the following month Action 670 (I think) and then concludes in the Superman annual in the same month.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Methos

cheers :D

M

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Sodam Yat is in the current issue of GL Corps too. Saying no more.

Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Leliel
    @Cosmic Sentinel:  It was recently shown that they have an entire planet out there. Which bring to a question what do you get if you mix Kryptonian with Daxamite?
    dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@leliel: A badass who's only weakness is Magic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.