Follow

Dawn

Character » Dawn appears in 85 issues.

Dawn is a Goddess, a Goddess of both Birth & Rebirth, as well as protectress of witches. Her lover, Cernunnos, is the God of Death, also known as the Horned God.

So any Dawn fans out there?

Nasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Nasher

So any Dawn fans out there? I've been away from the comic book scene for a while and its seems like theres been little in the way of Dawn related material since the Three Teirs sequence (the last Dawn i read). 

I've checked out Dark Ivory and am not really impressed, which is odd as i am usually really invested in anything the mighty Linsner does... not 100% sure why but i'm just not digging the storyline and to a slight degree the artwork.. which again is normally his strongest point. I think its the overly rich colour of every panel.. when in Dawn there was often a lot of white space and metaphysical stuff for interpretation. 

Anyways.. my question is.. Who out there likes the Goddess of Birth and Re-Birth and would love to see a new series of our favorite deity botherer?

oldgum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By oldgum

Count me in, but I find a little difficulty  understand the main idea.

TetrisAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By TetrisAttack

I've always thought Dawn looked really cool.  The red hair with the tattoo (or whatever it is) on her face is a great design.  Then I tried to read a few Dawn comics and I could barely follow them.   Still, she'd be great in the hands of the right creator.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By daredevil21134

@TetrisAttack said:

I've always thought Dawn looked really cool. The red hair with the tattoo (or whatever it is) on her face is a great design. Then I tried to read a few Dawn comics and I could barely follow them. Still, she'd be great in the hands of the right creator.

i agree

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I actually read every Dawn book ever made in like 3 hours.I can't say it was worth the read. All those books were garbage. She has a cool character design but that's about as far as it goes with her.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By fodigg

Dawn was like reading a collection of loosely related fantasy art. The story was epic in scope but shallow in characterization and emotion. (IMO.)

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By PowerHerc

I'm a fan of this . . .

No Caption Provided

Who wouldn't be?

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Grey56

@Vance Astro: For someone whom posts so much and is obviously very involved with this site if not the industry as a whole - I'd be curious to see upon what merits you use the term 'garbage' when applied to such a successful, provocative and universally accessible set of works. Assuming in fact you have read all of the works by Mr. Linsner - I would venture so far as to say that you've got an axe to grind on a philosophical level. If not, then there's little excuse to not appreciate the very fluid artwork displayed throughout.

I get it that you may not buy the 'moral of the story' bubblegum (which is rather originally done for the medium) and that's fine if you find it offensive. But, referring to the whole as refuse ? I'd have balked a runner all the way home had someone said that in front of me. Exactly what do you mean by, 'cool character design' - and how can the lot of the material then be successively garbage when she is in fact the touchstone for the remaining stories ? If you mean that she's wonderfully attractive to stare at - I don't know that one's sexual orientation would prevent them from seeing the validity of that thought. Just sayin' brother - how 'bout a qualifier.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Read em all great story. I'd suggest any new readers look into celtic myths(look close at the death and rebirth parts) to get a better grasp on the whole picture.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.