New 52 Batwing Respect Thread

• 93 results
#1 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

In November 2011, the New 52 and now began a new direction was taken to the superheroes of DC, principally to one of the coolest Morrison's creations: Batwing

Let's take a look at the new Batwing feats in this new universe:

To see another New 52 Respect Thread,click here:http://www.comicvine.com/dc-comics/57-10/new-52-respect-threads/92-672946/

Defeating Massacre in h2h combat
The armor protects him to a huge explosion. Despite to being weakend,he still able to go after Kone and interrogate on Batman's style
#2 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

This one is a great idea, Batwing has so many badass moments that they could probably fill 2 threads

#3 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Word.

@matchesmalone21: Thank you so, so much for this. David Zavimbe's character has been awesome since he was a child. I wish my scanner worked, I would be contributing to this thread. Thank you again. This means so much to me.

#4 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

I tried getting into batwing, but I just couldn't really be excited about his book. I would pick up #12 though for JLI.

#5 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: I'm glad you liked it and thank you for always being interested in seeing the respect threasds!!!!!!!!!

#6 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Oh yeah!!!! LOL

@sethysquare: Batwing is an awesome book, it's a shame that people do not give attention (less you,read issue 10 and 11,maybe you will like), but he was introduced to make room for other African heroes that surely will come back soon,Vixen,Bwana Beast.....will soon be back

#7 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@BlackArmor: Oh yeah!!!! LOL

@sethysquare: Batwing is an awesome book, it's a shame that people do not give attention (less you,read issue 10 and 11,maybe you will like), but he was introduced to make room for other African heroes that surely will come back soon,Vixen,Bwana Beast.....will soon be back

I jumped in issue 7-9. Kept a look out since 1-6. But I guess he just doesn't really excites me. Maybe I'll check it again in trade.

#8 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: New scans

@BlackArmor: More badass moments

@sethysquare: Issue 9,is one of the best. Now that we have succeeded in establishing Batwing, will use it more in its own territory and create more stories gleaned from the reality of African people

Testing Talon healing factor
Don't touch me

#9 Edited by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@Twentyfive: I'm glad you liked it and thank you for always being interested in seeing the respect threasds!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. Respect threads are a great idea. These are some of the best threads on the whole website. And now my favorite new 52 character has one.

:Thanks for the issue 9 scans.

#10 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: WOW,Thanks a lot!!! You're welcome

#11 Posted by JohnnyGat (1562 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more curious to see what other villains he can gain.

#12 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: That was an awesome issue, it almost made me want to see him stay in Gotham a little longer

#13 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: it really is a very nice comics,me too. He could have fought against more Talons,it's would be nice to see.

#14 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: @Twentyfive: New scans

@JohnnyGat:Did you see issue 10? That frick villain

Facing Long
New weaponry
#15 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Awesome. Thanks. I just hope people don't go all the time calling Batwing a "Batman Substitute" lol. Thanks man.

#16 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: Hopefully not, in another forum I was discussing what can be done with it, I don't want it to be just another character that uses the Batman's symbol,would be nice to see it is not only a vigilant but someone who wants to eliminate the problems of where he lives, becoming president.

#17 Posted by JohnnyGat (1562 posts) - - Show Bio

Long was interesting enough but in the end his appearance was just too short, I am liking the direction with this Lord Battle guy though.

#18 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio
Sonic blast

@JohnnyGat: He seems to be a great villain, he'd rather have more villains based on his territory

@Twentyfive: @BlackArmor: @sethysquare: New scans

#19 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Awesome new scans, both here and on Animal Man

#20 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by daredevil21134 (11459 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#22 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

People should be reading Batwing over Nightwing...Just sayin.

#23 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wish his costume didn't look like one of those toy-tie-in variants.

#24 Posted by Alch21 (210 posts) - - Show Bio

His costume needs to be streamlined more, less bulky so he can utilize his agility. Cool Char. Good Book.

#25 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: @JohnnyGat: @Twentyfive: @sethysquare: New scans

Knockout Croscut,one of the Burners

#26 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Batwing is a nice character. I follow it. Bravo Matches.

#27 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio
Fear me

@BlackArmor: @JohnnyGat: @Twentyfive: New scans

#28 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Thanks so much for the scans. I wish the art would go back to African documentary art work lol. But first, Winick would have to shift the focus back to Batwing an the setting in Africa. He had something going with the Jackals, but he dropped it.

#29 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: You're welcome and agreed with the art,its one of best arts I ever seen and combines with the style of the comics. That's the bad of his comics, he is always out of their country of origin,it is necessary to stabilize it in his father and then do it and decrease the guest appearances,because giving to understand that he can't hold his comics by his own. They have potential,I like this contrast of the Africa reality and his villains...because they are technologically advanced in a nation with socioeconomics problems, that should pay big stories.

The armor increase his strenght (noticed thatMassacre have same or more weights than Batwing)
Has a medical kit on his armor
Taser
#30 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: @JohnnyGat: @sethysquare: More scans

Fighting alongside Batman

#31 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20143 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!

#32 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

Another Awesome scan Matches

@RoboShark said:

People should be reading Batwing over Nightwing...Just sayin.

agreed

#33 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

does batwing use guns?

#34 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, I think so. Batwing is amazing, great armor. Really.

#36 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

is he like the Iron Man of the bat family? Who is he fighting?

#37 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: Not exactly, because he did not create the armor...the armor is (not confirmed) waynetech prototype. He's fighting with Lord Battle,a new villain who wants to become the dictator of one of the most promising African nations.

#38 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alexander505: @BlackArmor: @Twentyfive: @daredevil21134: More and more scans

Exo-Armor?
Fighting with criminals,before became Batwing

#39 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, I almost forgot how badass Batwing's armor can be

#40 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: @BlackArmor: @Alch21: more scans

Lifting Lord Battle
Showing mercy

#41 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm merciful to a fault

#42 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: @Alexander505: More scan and defintely is a energy blast!!

@BlackArmor: but unfortunately he had to do it,because he has a kind of connection with the land and without it the country,Lord Battle and the Bloodstorm would die.

#43 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

This armor is very powerful and versatile.

#44 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@DEGRAAF: Not exactly, because he did not create the armor...the armor is (not confirmed) waynetech prototype. He's fighting with Lord Battle,a new villain who wants to become the dictator of one of the most promising African nations.

lol ok so the War Machine of the bat family. oh the villain looks like a recent villain Static Shock faced off against

#45 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: LOLLLLLL. Static Shock villain? which one?? Because I didn't read his comics yet

#46 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@BlackArmor: but unfortunately he had to do it,because he has a kind of connection with the land and without it the country,Lord Battle and the Bloodstorm would die.

Fair enough

#47 Edited by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@DEGRAAF: LOLLLLLL. Static Shock villain? which one?? Because I didn't read his comics yet

i didnt either i just remember seeing a scan.

Holocaust

#48 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Yeah

@DEGRAAF: Brothers maybe?? LOL

#49 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

The armor is owned by Bruce, then directly from WayneTech. It 'was explained in the comic, and was also shown that Lucius Fox was responsible for updating it.

#50 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alexander505: Thanks for the info!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.