Follow

David Zavimbe

Character » David Zavimbe appears in 77 issues.

David Zavimbe was a former child soldier turned policeman who became the first Batwing. He eventually retired from vigilantism, and the Batwing mantle was taken up by Luke Fox.

Judd Winick to leave Batwing

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Quite a few changes are happening with DC's creative teams, and the latest one is hitting the armored hero, David Zavimbe.

Judd Winick has told Newsarama he's exiting the bat-family title.

Winick assures that leaving Batwing is a "time issue" because he's "pursing a few other projects that make it impossible for me to continue doing a monthly book."

A last issue number was not provided and DC has not said who will replace him.

Viners, who do you want to see pick up the title and why?

No Caption Provided

Source:Newsarama

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I wonder if the new writer will keep Massacre in mind. I know Judd wanted to make him Batwing's primary villain.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheCrowbar

I'm surprised Batwing is even a standalone comic. Hasn't its sales been dismal?

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Twentyfive

This saddens me. And if this leads to the cancellation of the title due to a drop in quality, I will be really disappointed, and annoyed. The originality that this book emanates is the reason I came back to comics. Winick masterfully wrote Batwing's first arc, and it was something I never saw before, because it used a backdrop and geopolitical themes that are just not seen in comics. The series can thrive off that, but I doubt that it will. The book needs someone who is great at telling stories, but more importantly understands the realities of both the good and the bad sides of Africa, and can learn to use heroism to exploit them. Shame. I would hate to see what unimaginative book about all the Robins teaming up would come out of the probable doom this book may face in the future. Just more uninteresting, uninspired comic trash.

Thanks Winick for a great series, and more importantly, DC comics for making an African hero, and telling a story set in Africa. Great effort.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Loved this series from the start, kinda worried now with what direction it's going to take and if it will be around at all.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By the_tree

This is saddening news, I've been really liking this series. I hope they don't get some s### replacement. I nominate Fabian Nicieza or Gail Simone for taking over.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JohnnyGat

I'm saddened and worried. I have grown a liking to Batwing especially during the first parts of the Massacre arc.

NewKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NewKid

@The_Tree: Agree on Simone taking over, I think she could do something good with this title :)

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Billy Batson

Joshua Dysart>everybody else
    BB

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By TDK_1997

I haven't been reading the series but I know that it has been good.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By the_tree

@NewKid said:

@The_Tree: Agree on Simone taking over, I think she could do something good with this title :)

Yeah, if she can channel Secret Six's interesting plots and brutality into Batwing, then it would be incredible. Hell, since they're in Africa, she could even write in a Catman appearance.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@The_Tree said:

@NewKid said:

Yeah, if she can channel Secret Six's interesting plots and brutality into Batwing, then it would be incredible. Hell, since they're in Africa, she could even write in a Catman appearance.

Oooooh, I'd love to see that. Great way to debut him in the New 52.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By fodigg

Damn. This was a great book. I hope it survives the change.

@k4tzm4n said:

@The_Tree said:

@NewKid said:

Oooooh, I'd love to see that. Great way to debut him in the New 52.

Seconded.

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheThe

@Twentyfive said:

This saddens me. And if this leads to the cancellation of the title due to a drop in quality, I will be really disappointed, and annoyed. The originality that this book emanates is the reason I came back to comics. Winick masterfully wrote Batwing's first arc, and it was something I never saw before, because it used a backdrop and geopolitical themes that are just not seen in comics. The series can thrive off that, but I doubt that it will. The book needs someone who is great at telling stories, but more importantly understands the realities of both the good and the bad sides of Africa, and can learn to use heroism to exploit them. Shame. I would hate to see what unimaginative book about all the Robins teaming up would come out of the probable doom this book may face in the future. Just more uninteresting, uninspired comic trash.

Thanks Winick for a great series, and more importantly, DC comics for making an African hero, and telling a story set in Africa. Great effort.

+ 1000. Couldnt have said it better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.