Batwing quits, a member of the Batman family takes his place

#1 Posted by dimmoe (59 posts) - - Show Bio
BATWING #19
Written by FABIAN NICIEZA
Art and fold-out cover by FABRIZIO FIORENTINO
On sale APRIL 3 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• Batwing quits—and what new member of the Batman family is ready to take his place?

?????????????????????????????????????????

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13690 posts) - - Show Bio

i have absolutely no idea.

#3 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

If only it were true. Though I haven't read any of the material, but even if I did I'd still probably think he's a bad character.

#4 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13690 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe it'll be Tim. Id love it if Fabian was writing him again

#5 Edited by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to miss David, he was really coming into his own as a character and a hero.

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I'd honestly love if Tim took up the Batwing name and series simply because it's a better name than Red Robin and because Tim deserves a solo series but if Tim is taking over then we won't be seeing Fabian writing him because theres going to be a creative shift to Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray

#6 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13690 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

I'm going to miss David, he was really coming into his own as a character and a hero.

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I'd honestly love if Tim took up the Batwing name and series simply because it's a better name than Red Robin and because Tim deserves a solo series but if Tim is taking over then we won't be seeing Fabian writing him because theres going to be a creative shift to Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray

id be willing to try that

#7 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@BlackArmor said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

id be willing to try that

Same here, I'd even feel obligated to keep reading that book if Lobdell was writhing, I'd hate it but i'd keep reading. It's would just be sad if Fabian left the same issue that Tim came on

#8 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on. It's time Alfred take up a cowl and serve up justice.

#9 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6540 posts) - - Show Bio

When they say, "Batwing quits—and what new member of the Batman family is ready to take his place?" I wonder if that means a member of the actual "Bat-Family", or just someone linked with Batman, like a Batman Incorporated member. Does anyone linked to Batman live in Africa, apart from Batwing?

#10 Posted by entropy_aegis (15446 posts) - - Show Bio

Bronze Tiger hopefully.

#11 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

so what happened?

#12 Posted by thatlad (586 posts) - - Show Bio

So dumping another minority character. Wow DC you just can't follow through can you?

#13 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatlad said:

So dumping another minority character. Wow DC you just can't follow through can you?

look at the good side

maybe he will be replaced by yet another minority

#14 Posted by jaybefre (87 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like they might go with Charlie Bullock aka Blackwing. He has some ties to the Batman Family. He would be a great choice also he is black.

#15 Posted by Kairan1979 (16926 posts) - - Show Bio

Pathetic. I liked David as Batwing because he was African Batman, struggling with his dark past and solving African problems. Now they give us Luke Fox, generic Gothamite Bat-character, with absolutely no reason to go to Africa.

#16 Edited by DarkWriter (31 posts) - - Show Bio

@kairan1979 I agree; the main reason I was drawn into the series was that there aren't many heroes/titles based on the continent of Africa, and this one --based in the DRC-- offered countless story opportunities, even without any supervillains. Luke Fox is cool enough, he can be an interesting character, but there was SO much we could've learned with David under the cowl... not to mention his fight for redemption is a compelling angle.

We'll see how it goes...

#17 Edited by Omega Ray Jay (7966 posts) - - Show Bio

The more I look at the cover to #19 the more like a slap in the face to David it seems.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.