Follow

Dave Stevens

Person » Dave Stevens is credited in 178 issues.

An American artist, painter and sculptor, Stevens is best known for his creation The Rocketeer, and his tireless help in reviving Bettie Page's career.

Nice words about Dave

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#1  Edited By RazzaTazz

I found this on the wiki page, it doesn't belong there, but someone felt inspired to write it from their heart so I didn't want to delete it outright: 

Dave Stevens 1955-2008 One of my favorite comics artists ever, Dave Stevens, died, after an apparently long and secretive battle with leukemia. I say secretive 'cause I read message boards and comic websites constantly, and I didn't even know he was ill. I never met Dave, as I seldom trek to the West Coast for conventions, and he seldom came east... but his effect on my drawing ability and interest in comics is so immense that it almost can't be described. It's late and I gotta go to sleep, but I have a ton of thoughts about Dave Stevens rolling around in my head and I plan to write 'em down as soon as I feel confident elaborating upon them. 'Til then, I'll leave you with this: A scan of Dave's drawing of the obscure character Dolphin, from DC's encyclopedic Who's Who series from the 80s. I first laid eyes on this image when I was 14, and it just about made my mind explode.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lykopis

:(

That's beautiful. What a great way to keep this heartfelt expression alive.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.