Is his power always....idk the word

#1 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Like does it always go defensive i guess, like has he ever gained an optic blast or something like that, or is he like always, adapting. 

#2 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

I think so far it has been defensive.

#3 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

so never anything to defeat the situation, just survive through it.

i wonder what would happen if he were to fight gambit
#4 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure. I don't think it's really possible for anyone to beat him. I think it would be funny if he fought Butterball.

#5 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio

no even when he fought with the Hulk instead of getting like super strength he teleported away given the nature of fight or flight it will probably be defensive

#6 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

he has to have some breaking point..he can be defeated.

#7 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe not if his body developed teleportation to survive the Hulk then that is a sign his powers aren't limited to simply improving his own body but manipulating reality to keep him alive. In theory he could become as strong as well Galactus if there was nothing else he could do or move to a whole other reality if this was to be destroyed or even the past if all of the universe was ready to end

#8 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe if he's surprised? Like if Wolverine cut his head off while he was asleep. Or I'm sure a reality warper could bring him down.

#9 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

He came close to offensive in X-Factor 34. He was advancing on Talisman, but She Hulk robbed him of his opportunity. I believe he will show offensive capabilities in the future. After all, the best defense IS a good offense. What would happen if he fought Gambit? Well, Gambit certainly wouldn't win through raw power. He's far more experienced than Darwin though, I'm sure he could lure him into a trap and have him buried under rubble for a while, but that's about it.

#10 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"He came close to offensive in X-Factor 34. He was advancing on Talisman, but She Hulk robbed him of his opportunity. I believe he will show offensive capabilities in the future. After all, the best defense IS a good offense. What would happen if he fought Gambit? Well, Gambit certainly wouldn't win through raw power. He's far more experienced than Darwin though, I'm sure he could lure him into a trap and have him buried under rubble for a while, but that's about it."
I knew I saw him do something! Yeah he was trying to protect Monet, right? I think Darwin will eventually gain control and become a real superpower.
#11 Posted by John Valentine (16296 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"I think so far it has been defensive."

Affirmative.
#12 Posted by lokheim (30 posts) - - Show Bio

hes a cool character but his powers make him seem like a wimp all ways running away he never stays and fight either run or teleport like how can he help when sentinals or whatever attack him and his firends

#13 Posted by John Valentine (16296 posts) - - Show Bio

SPONGE!

#14 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

So.....isn't Lifeguard basically a female version (of a hustla) of him?

#15 Posted by Skaddix (3112 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess although her power is focused on defending others and his defends himself.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.