Follow

Darwin

Character » Darwin appears in 368 issues.

Darwin is a mutant that evolves to survive anything, though it is involuntary. He left the X-Factor Investigations team after the battle with Hela in Las Vegas. He is trying to cope with his new acquired powers.

Darwin turned into Bishop (SPOILERS)

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Kairan1979

In X-Factor #242 we can see Darwin returning as relentless hunter, trying to kill Wolfsbane's kid "to save the world".

No Caption Provided

Sounds familiar? Yes, That's what exactly what they did to Bishop - turned one of the coolest X-Men character into a villain.
    I don't understand the writers' logic. That's not a character development. That's butchery of character.
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Vortex13

Dammit. I love Darwin and now they're going to turn him into a villain like this? Freaking sucks, I had the exact same issue with Bishop he was actually one of my favorite characters before they made him a villain.

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By VampireSelektor

@Vortex13: @Kairan1979 said:

No Caption Provided
    In X-Factor #242 we can see Darwin returning as relentless hunter, trying to kill Wolfsbane's kid "to save the world".

Sounds familiar? Yes, That's what exactly what they did to Bishop - turned one of the coolest X-Men character into a villain. I don't understand the writers' logic. That's not a character development. That's butchery of character.

Let's give Darwin (and Peter David) the benefit of the doubt. The game here is a mutant/wolf god hybrid with a family history of psychological issues on his mother's side. Then there's the possibility that a child with god and mutant DNA would be prone to instability, may be even disorders.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vortex13

@VampireSelektor: Fair point.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Kairan1979
    @VampireSelektor: if you chase the kid with a gun, he'll be prone to instability despite its DNA.
    A lot of people think Hope Summers could be able to handle Phoenix if she wasn't forced to grow up running from crazy Bishop. I agree with them.
    Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By VampireSelektor

@Kairan1979said:

@VampireSelektor: if you chase the kid with a gun, he'll be prone to instability despite its DNA. A lot of people think Hope Summers could be able to handle Phoenix if she wasn't forced to grow up running from crazy Bishop. I agree with them.

How has the hybrid acted in his previous appearances?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but has Hope ever channeled the full power of the Phoenix? Didn't a robot from the future intentionally alter the timeline just to see what would happen if Hope never met Phoenix? I always attributed her behavior to the volatile nature of her powers affecting her emotions. Arrogance over her role as the "Mutant Messiah" could also play a factor.

I understand what you are saying. Bishop could have discussed his fears with Cyclops and Emma Frost instead of jumping the gun. On the other hand, the scene where Rahne gave birth to her son was disconcerting. The feeling of dread Rahne admitted to afterwards should be considered here, as foreshadowing.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By papad1992

@Kairan1979: I had the same thoughts when I read that issue awhile back... the connections are as plain as a bagel! Wolfsbane ends up leaving X-Factor so she can raise her pup in the middle of the nowhere in the woods... I only hope this plot gets picked up soon!! Even more so because Venora is still out there... alive, not to mention a disoriented Darwin! I still never got that issue involving Darwin in the west, what made him like this... I forgot, it's been awhile!?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.