Follow

Darwin

Character » Darwin appears in 368 issues.

Darwin is a mutant that evolves to survive anything, though it is involuntary. He left the X-Factor Investigations team after the battle with Hela in Las Vegas. He is trying to cope with his new acquired powers.

Darwin - The most useful mutant alive?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEGRAAF

Darwin has the ability to mutate his body as need to survive. He seems like a perfect choice to be on the X-men. I know his powers are involentary when it comes to what type of mutation he gets but still, he just seems like the most useful person to have on a team

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2  Edited By SC  Moderator

Not too sure, to draw fire away? Really his power makes him the most useful person to himself, a team, well, if I was on a team with him, and not be Monet, I'd probably worry as much as usual really. 

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Green Skin
    @SC said:
    " Not too sure, to draw fire away? Really his power makes him the most useful person to himself, a team, well, if I was on a team with him, and not be Monet, I'd probably worry as much as usual really.  "
    He's gotten a lot better at offense recently.  I don't want to spoil anything for you, but it's getting easier for him to kill.
    Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Hit_Monkey

I reckon he's a beast mate. He has a really epic power.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Green Skin said:
    " @SC said:
    " Not too sure, to draw fire away? Really his power makes him the most useful person to himself, a team, well, if I was on a team with him, and not be Monet, I'd probably worry as much as usual really.  "
    He's gotten a lot better at offense recently.  I don't want to spoil anything for you, but it's getting easier for him to kill. "

Oh, he has gotten more aggressive sure, that helps, but still, I am not sure it makes him the most useful person/mutant to have on the team. Five vicious dogs attack my team of five (with Darwin being the only mutant), lol I am screwed... well, unless, I pick up one dog and beat the others with it, or head butt two of them together. 
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Green Skin
    @SC said:
    " @Green Skin said:
    " @SC said:
    He's gotten a lot better at offense recently.  I don't want to spoil anything for you, but it's getting easier for him to kill. "
     Oh, he has gotten more aggressive sure, that helps, but still, I am not sure it makes him the most useful person/mutant to have on the team. Five vicious dogs attack my team of five (with Darwin being the only mutant), lol I am screwed... well, unless, I pick up one dog and beat the others with it, or head butt two of them together.  "
    I agree.  He's definitely not very useful in a team situation....but if he gained more conscious control over his abilities, then he could be.
    Ruvik_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Ruvik_

i think he useful. he does good jobs in helping some people.
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Kairan1979
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Kairan1979: Oh, you just know that PAD has something up his sleeve ready for Darwin.  I'm sure he'll have his ups & downs... and come out even more powerful :) 

(although I still think it was silly when he evolved to teleport out of the way of an impending mechanicsl slaughter atthe hands ofthe MRD)
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Kairan1979

(although I still think it was silly when he evolved to teleport out of the way of an impending mechanicsl slaughter atthe hands ofthe MRD)  

The same thing happened in WWH: X-Men, when Hulk tried to crush him.
    jakeeboi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By jakeeboi17

I agree that he would be VERY useful... But in a limited fashion. In a situation which would be normally be considered a 'suicide mission' or whatever... then he would be perfect as he could sort out the danger as well as survive whatever the danger was, something which the others on the team wouldn't be able to do.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.