Watch The Empire Strikes Back - 50s Style!

Posted by G-Man (30700 posts) - - Show Bio

This is pretty dang cool. This dude named Ivan Guerrero (no relation) made a trailer for what The Empire Strikes Back would have looked like in the 50s. While he did an awesome job putting this together from other existing movies, keep this in mind next time you complain about the special FX in a movie. Ivan has some other cool videos you should check out as well.

Staff
#1 Posted by TheHood (155 posts) - - Show Bio

This is really cool! Thanks for sharing.

#2 Posted by logan48227 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

This is hilarious! I could actually picture it like that if ESB were made in the 50's. 

But would that mean that Lando Calrissian would have been cast as a white man, or would he have been a white guy in blackface makeup?
#3 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

awwma likw  50S MOVIE
#4 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the use of "Maria" the female android from Metropolis!  Footage of Leslie Nielsen.   Nicely done.  Pretty sweet.
#5 Posted by Krakoa (550 posts) - - Show Bio

pure awesomeness

#6 Posted by Krakoa (550 posts) - - Show Bio

his youtube page does indeed have lots of other cool videos. I saw that his name is Ivan Guerrero, any relation to you G-Man?

#7 Posted by HaHaManHV (234 posts) - - Show Bio

That is awesome. I would actually pay money to see that as a full feature, no question

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.