Star Wars: The Complete Blu-ray Saga

• 51 results
#1 Posted by MrMazz (1154 posts) - - Show Bio

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

#2 Posted by G-Man (30696 posts) - - Show Bio

$90 on amazon for all six. You can order the trilogies separate for $45 if you prefer.

Staff
#3 Posted by Billyredneckname (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Have they made any new changes?
#4 Posted by mesosteros (145 posts) - - Show Bio

The Force is Strong in this One

#5 Posted by G-Man (30696 posts) - - Show Bio

From the press release: 

The most anticipated Blu-ray release ever – the  Star Wars™ Saga – emerges from light speed this September 2011. For the first time, all six of George Lucas’ epic films (Episodes I-VI) are united in one complete set. Fans worldwide are able to pre-order now with online retailers.

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release  Star Wars in three distinct sets to meet the needs of every  Star Wars fan:

-            Star Wars:  The Complete Saga on Blu-ray (9-disc Set includes all six films)

-            Star Wars : Prequel Blu-ray Trilogy  (3-disc set includes Episodes I-III)

-            Star Wars : Original Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes IV-VI)

STAR WARS : THE COMPLETE SAGA ON BLU-RAY  will feature all six live-action  Star Wars feature films utilizing the highest possible picture and audio presentation, along with  three additional discs and more than 30 hours of extensive special features including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes, an exploration of the exclusive  Star Wars archives, and much more.

Staff
#6 Posted by KevinMerrill (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooo...will the original trilogy be the Special Special Special Editions?  Y'know..where Lucas just inserts his member in every scene somewhere?

#7 Posted by etragedy (1053 posts) - - Show Bio

Skeptical - in the past they've released tampered with versions of the originals that weren't the official 'special editions', but still weren't the originals...

#8 Posted by VictorianVigilante (15 posts) - - Show Bio
@KevinMerrill said:
"Sooo...will the original trilogy be the Special Special Special Editions?  Y'know..where Lucas just inserts his member in every scene somewhere? "

Blasphamy!!  yeeessss.... Lucas has gotten a LOT of miliage out of the Star Wars saga and he keeps tinkering with it.  But you know what, it's HIS freaking story to tinker with. 

What have you created that the entire world has enjoyed?
#9 Posted by KevinMerrill (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a competition now?  Wow sorry.  I could of sworn I was just making a joke.  I didn't know I had to actually compete with the guy and come up with something that was a hit completely by accident and limitations of the time. 

Excuuuuuse me.  I'll have to remember that next time.

#10 Posted by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" $90 on amazon for all six. You can order the trilogies separate for $45 if you prefer. "
LOL now I can watch the BASTARDIZATION of my childhood memories in HD. 
#11 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

i can buy all 6 main sw films separeatly for a lower price of buying the 2-3packs or the 1 6pack. sw: the clone wars, ewoks and droids not included
#12 Posted by Neverpraying (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally don't care about Blu-ray. I am the kind of person that if at least I can make out what they're saying and see what their doing I don't really care about the quality as long as I can watch it and the lip syncing is not off. Sure high quality is nice, but no one needs super pricey dvds that they may only watch 1-10 times.

#13 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio
@Neverpraying said:
"I personally don't care about Blu-ray. I am the kind of person that if at least I can make out what they're saying and see what their doing I don't really care about the quality as long as I can watch it and the lip syncing is not off. Sure high quality is nice, but no one needs super pricey dvds that they may only watch 1-10 times. "

Have to say I agree completely with that sentiment.    

Still it is a nice option for those who have Blu-Ray. 
#14 Posted by G-Man (30696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Neverpraying said:
" I personally don't care about Blu-ray. I am the kind of person that if at least I can make out what they're saying and see what their doing I don't really care about the quality as long as I can watch it and the lip syncing is not off. Sure high quality is nice, but no one needs super pricey dvds that they may only watch 1-10 times. "
Maybe 1-10 times per year... 
Staff
#15 Edited by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio
@VictorianVigilante said:

" @KevinMerrill said:

"Sooo...will the original trilogy be the Special Special Special Editions?  Y'know..where Lucas just inserts his member in every scene somewhere? "

Blasphamy!!  yeeessss.... Lucas has gotten a LOT of miliage out of the Star Wars saga and he keeps tinkering with it.  But you know what, it's HIS freaking story to tinker with.  What have you created that the entire world has enjoyed? "
Have a little self-respect. They're our movies. The fans should but don't have a say, one of the many reasons why the man is despised these days. He runs his "art" (if you can call it that anymore) like a business...and he's the emperor. Your ideology is everything that is wrong with the Star Wars community and the very reason why George Lucas became a washed up sellout that scarred his franchise for a majority of fans: complacent fans. You'd call 20 minutes of poop on a plate genius if it was labeled Star Wars.
#16 Posted by Sublimedo (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel a disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly...broke.    

#17 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7597 posts) - - Show Bio
@Neverpraying said:

" I personally don't care about Blu-ray. I am the kind of person that if at least I can make out what they're saying and see what their doing I don't really care about the quality as long as I can watch it and the lip syncing is not off. Sure high quality is nice, but no one needs super pricey dvds that they may only watch 1-10 times. "

I agree completely, I've never bought Blu ray and have no intention of re-buying my 300 + DVD collection. I'm a huge Star Wars freak and I'm more than happy with the regular DVD editions, Sorry George maybe next time.
#18 Posted by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sublimedo said:
" I feel a disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly...broke.     "
You'll feel that disturbance all the more when we discover what Lucas changed again about the originals. =P
#19 Posted by IrishX (2327 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Star Wars but sorry I'm not going to rebuy the series everytime theres another "upgrade" in technology....
#20 Posted by Dude4 (41 posts) - - Show Bio
@MysterioMaximus: 

I completely agree.   We all grew up with those movies and they were our first taste of SF/Fantasy.  They're our movies also. 

Plus, all of the changes to the originals were pointless and unnecessary. 

Was anybody bothered by Han shooting first or not seeing Jabba in the first movie? 

Did the Death Star explosion really need a visible shock wave coming from it? 

Do we really need all of the CG effects that don't blend in at all with the movies?
#21 Posted by ADAMocracy (132 posts) - - Show Bio

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
DARTH VADER IS LUKE SKYWALKERS FATHER

#22 Posted by Count_ZeroOR (96 posts) - - Show Bio

In the words of Igor from Dork Tower... 

It must be mine!

#23 Posted by Yumulu (762 posts) - - Show Bio

So does it contain the original footage or not? If Han shoot first = sure buy.

#24 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

I may be the odd man out on this, but I think I would prefer Indiana Jones on Blu-ray before this. I mainly enjoyed the first three movies the most. The last three were fun, but I found them kind of silly. 

I really just hate how they keep going back and editing these films. Adding more and more stuff to it. It makes me feel like there is never a definitive version.

@Dude4: 
I think the shockwave added to the Deathstar was a reasonable addition. We were talking about an explosion on the scale of a moon.

#25 Edited by Michiel76 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

wow its truly weird to have mixed emotions from one trailer, every time i see footage from the "old" movies i get all warm and fuzzy inside and then the new movie footage comes along and i feel a sense of nausea comming up, this truly is an emotional rollercoaster ride!!

Well lets wait for the next big Star Wars release, i'm sure it will be in 3D next!!

#26 Posted by uroboros (140 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually don't have these on dvd..since I moved back to Australia I lost most of my dvd collection and now that I've got a PS3 and most places in Australia sell Blu-Ray for just $1 - $5 more than normal DVD so I get them in blu-ray..I've got the enormous TV..might as well pay that 10% more for nice quality..so I'm gonna get them..however I hope to god Han shoots first..if he doesn't..bastardo..the lot of them..

#27 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

The old original Star Wars still got it :D

I'm a progressive fan, I actually like both trilogies :P
 Anyway, pretty neat! I'm almost, and I say almost by an inch, interested in this!...but I don't have a Bluray player :/

#28 Posted by Tainted-Cell (299 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, I get it, Blu-Ray release... dragging their feet on it to build up the anticipation....
But I already have the saga on DVD... which plays just fine on Blu-Ray players. I know I'm in the majority when I say that I don't feel I need to shell out that much to satisfy their lack of inventiveness.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Star Wars. Going to see all of the prequels seemed not only necessary, but demanded of me. It truly was an incomparable milestone in film-making history. 
But man, they really need to do something new.

#29 Posted by Mumbles (846 posts) - - Show Bio
@ADAMocracy said:
" SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DARTH VADER IS LUKE SKYWALKERS FATHER "
WHAT THE F MAN! At least give us more time after your spoiler warning....never seen star wars, c'mon man.
#30 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio

How many of these "complete sets" are there going to be? We buy this one another will come out in a year or so.

#31 Posted by Haustyl12 (138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Abnormally Warm Guy:
Thats how it works dude. They sell the same thing but with a few changes ( or big ones (supid ep 3 anakin in ep 6)). Anyway thats how they make more and more money. Plus the movie looks horrifying on a Blue ray TV
#32 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!!  THIS IS FINALLY COMING OUT!!!!!  I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!!!  =D

#33 Posted by Sobe Cin (599 posts) - - Show Bio

Instead of making the movies into blu-ray and the whole shebang of doing it in 3d later. Lucas and his crew should just make a second animated series set in the dark times. Screw the live action TV show that is now on hiatus. Give us more animated. They can do so much more with that medium. They can have a series set in The Old Republic days, or the Legacy era or even one set during Yuzhann Vong War. Just do animated.  

I'll watch my lucky to find original trilogy on dvd that came with the theatrical versions for now until forever. Prequel dvd's as well.
#34 Posted by robokungfu (177 posts) - - Show Bio

*lowers newspaper*  Oh what's that?  Lucas wont include the original versions on blu ray?  Get back to me when you do until then I'll be more interested in East Asian market trends.

#35 Posted by The Impersonator (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

Never underestimate the complete blu-ray saga of Star Wars.

#36 Posted by Marius138 (90 posts) - - Show Bio
@robokungfu said:
" *lowers newspaper*  Oh what's that?  Lucas wont include the original versions on blu ray?  Get back to me when you do until then I'll be more interested in East Asian market trends. "
lol, couldn't agree more
#37 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

This trailer just pulls everything together. This is Star Wars at its best. This trailer is awsome.
#38 Posted by paisan13 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

How about they'd use the three discs for the original movies, without all the digital cludder Lucas destroyed them with? Personally I'd rather cash up for the original movies on VHS than three digital fuck-ups, and three movies thats just sucks, plus 30 hours of extra shit I'll never see. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Star Wars, the ORIGINAL 3, no remastered shit, and the new ones, or can you say new when they are over 10 years old now? The "New" ones I don't even have words to spare for.

#39 Posted by PowerHerc (81712 posts) - - Show Bio

Not that long ago:  "Finally on VHS; the entire Star Wars trilogy!  Get it now!"  Fans buy it up. 
Not long after that:  "Finally own the entire 6 movie Star Wars saga on DVD!  They're even better that before!"  Fans buy it up. 
Now  "Finally own the entire Star Wars saga on Blue Ray!  This is the best yet!"  Fans buy it up?  (I think they will.  The trend will continue) 
In the relatively neat future:  "Finally, in 3-D, the entire Star Wars saga!  Come buy this again, nevermind that it's still the same!"  The suckers flock again. 
Some time after that:  "Finally, own the entire Star Wars saga in motion holograph form!  Paying for this one will be like being skinned alive, but it's so worth it!"  The suckers get skinned. 

What the f___?   
 Why do so many people keep falling for this marketing scam?  It's essentially the same damned product sold to the same people time after time. 
Man I loved the first three movies as a kid (still do, btw), but I see no need to buy them again and again with each new media format they're produced in. 
Did the marketers somehow use one huge Jedi mind-trick to keep sucking people into spending more and more money for the same thing?   
It seems they have.  And, if the past is an accurate indicator of the future, it'll work this time, too.  Same as every other time. 
#40 Posted by Fantomex100 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

I only want Hope, Empire & Jedi. I don't need the prequels.

#41 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

I won't buy the whole saga on Blu-Ray, but I may buy Empire Strikes Back on Blu-Ray because I'm trying to buy all of my favourite films and Empire Strikes Back is one of them.
#42 Posted by Dude4 (41 posts) - - Show Bio
@paisan13 said:

" The "New" ones I don't even have words to spare for. "  

You don't need to spare any words.  It's been covered in excruciating detail already. 

http://www.redlettermedia.com/
#43 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio
@paisan13:  I completely agree
#44 Posted by ZaberCat (246 posts) - - Show Bio

Not interested in these Star War Stuffs, but see if I get award from the quest yet. Dang, it aint getting award for that.

#45 Posted by waruikumo (357 posts) - - Show Bio

ahhh  

DAM YOU LUCAS 

Probabaly going to just pony up and buy it.  I would really prefer the original trilogy in it's original theatrical form.  The new stuff is SOOOOOO distracting, with the exception of fixing the land speeder in episode 4, and i don't mind the scene at the end of 6.  But Gredo shooting first?  DAM YOU LUCAS, DAM YOU AND YOUR EWOKS.

#46 Posted by VictorianVigilante (15 posts) - - Show Bio
@MysterioMaximus said:
"@VictorianVigilante said:

" @KevinMerrill said:

Blasphamy!!  yeeessss.... Lucas has gotten a LOT of miliage out of the Star Wars saga and he keeps tinkering with it.  But you know what, it's HIS freaking story to tinker with.  What have you created that the entire world has enjoyed? "
Have a little self-respect. They're our movies. The fans should but don't have a say, one of the many reasons why the man is despised these days. He runs his "art" (if you can call it that anymore) like a business...and he's the emperor. Your ideology is everything that is wrong with the Star Wars community and the very reason why George Lucas became a washed up sellout that scarred his franchise for a majority of fans: complacent fans. You'd call 20 minutes of poop on a plate genius if it was labeled Star Wars. "

No... I'd call a story I enjoyed genius.  There have been plenty of things with the Star Wars label that I didn't like.  Star Wars Galaxies blew chunks in my opinion.  But that's just it.  It's my opinion.  Apparantly I'm not allowed to have one, according to "your ideology" which is apparantly to spew venom at anything with Lucas' name on it.   

Now which one of us is being more block headed about our opinions?
#47 Posted by DevilmanEX (617 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME......I hope it has every version of the original trilogy (remastered and original) and sue me I wouldn't mind a directors cut of the prequels either.  Everything on bluray is better.  I'm sold on high def star wars!  Now I need the announcement for the LotR trilogy complete bluray which includes both theatrical extended editions and I'm good to go!

#48 Posted by theberserker (23 posts) - - Show Bio

f'n  midichlorians

#49 Posted by GraphicCasualFreak (221 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'll wait a couple more years til it goes digital. I've bought the original 3 movies 3 times. Not buying it again until it is in the BEST QUALITY for SURE! Sorry Lucas....

#50 Posted by Out_of_Space (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome . It's like a dream come true !

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.