Follow

Darth Vader

Character » Darth Vader appears in 1463 issues.

Once a heroic Jedi Knight known as Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader was seduced by the dark side and became a dark Lord of the Sith. After severe injuries at the hands of Obi-Wan Kenobi, locking him in a metal suit, Vader would go on to terrorize the galaxy. Under the apprenticeship of Darth Sidious, Vader served as a powerful enforcer for the Galactic Empire and hunted down any surviving Jedi after Order 66. However, in spite of everything he had done, there were still remnants of good in him.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 4 Trailer

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck

From Lucasfilm:

Following the excitement of a thrilling Season Three finale that brought back one of the most beloved characters in the Star Warsuniverse, Cartoon Network today announced that Star Wars: The Clone Wars will premiere 22 all-new episodes for Season Four of the critically acclaimed CG-animated series from creator George Lucas and Lucasfilm Animation. The special, one-hour Season Four premiere event of Star Wars: The Clone Warsairs Friday, September 16, at 8 p.m. (et/pt).
    The Season Three finale of Star Wars: The Clone Wars on April 8 was the #1 Friday telecast versus all television among boys 6-11 and 9-14, propelling Cartoon Network’s Friday night action block to the #1 television destination for boys 6-11, 2-11 and 9-14.Star Wars: The Clone Wars is a thrilling, weekly 30-minute “mini-movie” created by the talented artists at Lucasfilm Animation.Season Four: Battle Lines promises to continue the saga that Star Wars fans of all ages have grown to love, with the most fearless heroes and evilest bad guys returning for an action-packed season of fun and adventure.
    As the heroic Jedi Knights and their clone army fight to preserve order, their efforts continue to be met with strong resistance from the massive Separatist droid army. Escalating and expanding into uncharted corners of the galaxy, the scope and scale of Star Wars: The Clone Wars continue to grow - with exotic adventures and enhanced animation strengthening ties to the Star Warssaga. Within the galactic battle, fearsome foes from the past return to settle the score. As unexpected alliances are formed on both sides of the battle, the action explodes and the course of the war takes an unforeseen turn!
    Critically-acclaimed and unlike any other animated show on television, Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season Four: Battle Linesbrings viewers right up to the front-lines of the massive galactic conflict, revealing the stories that forged the Star Wars galaxy.
    HumanTorch101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By HumanTorch101

The new season looks really great. Let's hope they don't fall into the trap they did last year with all of the political episodes being in one long stretch instead of being interspersed with all the action episodes. Political episodes are fine but this is about a war and most of the episodes should be about the war.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By KRYPTON

This is is going to be awesome@G-Man said:

From Lucasfilm:

Following the excitement of a thrilling Season Three finale that brought back one of the most beloved characters in the Star Warsuniverse, Cartoon Network today announced that Star Wars: The Clone Wars will premiere 22 all-new episodes for Season Four of the critically acclaimed CG-animated series from creator George Lucas and Lucasfilm Animation. The special, one-hour Season Four premiere event of Star Wars: The Clone Warsairs Friday, September 16, at 8 p.m. (et/pt).
    The Season Three finale of Star Wars: The Clone Wars on April 8 was the #1 Friday telecast versus all television among boys 6-11 and 9-14, propelling Cartoon Network’s Friday night action block to the #1 television destination for boys 6-11, 2-11 and 9-14.Star Wars: The Clone Wars is a thrilling, weekly 30-minute “mini-movie” created by the talented artists at Lucasfilm Animation.Season Four: Battle Lines promises to continue the saga that Star Wars fans of all ages have grown to love, with the most fearless heroes and evilest bad guys returning for an action-packed season of fun and adventure.
    As the heroic Jedi Knights and their clone army fight to preserve order, their efforts continue to be met with strong resistance from the massive Separatist droid army. Escalating and expanding into uncharted corners of the galaxy, the scope and scale of Star Wars: The Clone Wars continue to grow - with exotic adventures and enhanced animation strengthening ties to the Star Warssaga. Within the galactic battle, fearsome foes from the past return to settle the score. As unexpected alliances are formed on both sides of the battle, the action explodes and the course of the war takes an unforeseen turn!
    Critically-acclaimed and unlike any other animated show on television, Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season Four: Battle Linesbrings viewers right up to the front-lines of the massive galactic conflict, revealing the stories that forged the Star Wars galaxy.
    Joe Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Joe Venom

W00t! finally, I was wondering when it would return

Thanks for the sneak peek

Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Feliciano2040

I thought this was COMIC Vine.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rmanthorp

HYPE.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Whos the guy with the multi-coloured duel lightsabers?

Golden Cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Golden Cod

How do lightsabers and laser guns work underwater o_O?   Wouldn't they'd just produce tons of steam?

I'm otherwise excited for this.   This season should be some fantastic popcorn fare.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

They already kinda touched on this aspect of the Clone Wars in that animated movie that was on Cartoon Network, with Kit Fisto leading a charge against the enemies of Mon Calamari. Looks absolutely WONDERFUL in my opinion :)

tbpinkfloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tbpinkfloyd

This series is greater than all the prequels put together. Why? They actually focus on character development and deliver classic moments reminiscent of the classic trilogy.

Golden Cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Golden Cod
    @tbpinkfloyd said:
    This series is greater than all the prequels put together. Why?

I think it's because George Lucas isn't directing them :).   Did you know he didn't direct 'The Empire Strikes Back' or 'Return of the Jedi'?
    NXH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NXH

muh...

Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Duo_forbidden

Looks good. Not that I don't mind seeing other Jedi besides Anakin, Ashoka or Obi-wan, but I'm hoping to see more Clone troopers centric episodes.

-Vigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By -Vigil-

I alternate between loving this show and being freaked out by its shark-jumping, but this trailer makes season 4 look really good. Looking forward to it!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NightFang3

That was epic!

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Aiden Cross

Epic! The animation has certainly improved!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
    deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Curious to see if they add onto the story for Savage Oppress this season.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DEGRAAF

I would actually sit down and most likely watch this whole season if i could. I have seen episodes from previous seasons but have never seen more than on or 2 from each season. This looks pretty good and coming from someone that doesnt even watch the series this actually got me excited about Star Wars again
    HashbrownsCV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HashbrownsCV

@Golden Cod said:

@tbpinkfloyd said:
    This series is greater than all the prequels put together. Why?
    I think it's because George Lucas isn't directing them :). Did you know he didn't direct 'The Empire Strikes Back' or 'Return of the Jedi'?

Lucas makes for a great producer and "idea guy", but he's utterly abysmal at writing and directing. People tend to forget just how much Lawrence Kasdan is responsible for the quality of the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Heck, considering just how amateurish the prequels were, I think we might want to revisit Marcia Lucas's involvement in the editing of A New Hope. If you've ever seen the raw footage from A New Hope, you know that editing absolutely saved that film.

George Lucas certainly deserves some credit for Star Wars's success and SHOULD have total creative control, don't get me wrong, but he behaves as if he is the SOLE creative force that made Star Wars what it is, and that's total narcissism.

Oh, and yes, Season 4 is looking pretty awesome. I just hope they avoid the seemingly endless drudgery that the first half of Season 3 was cursed with.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Mucklefluga
    @Golden Cod:  
    How do explosions work in space? 
    The magic of Star Wars
    Sentinel of Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Young Admiral Ackbar?!?!

Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Sobe Cin
    @G-Man

Well I am personally looking forward to the new season. Missed the first half of season 3. But I do love the show. Just would like to more of Quinlan Vos.
    Coldcrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Coldcrush
    Star wars underwater hell yeah
    Avatar image for marvelunivers_deleteme
    marvelunivers_deleteme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Feliciano2040: there are star war comics out there besides how about COMIC Con
    Gambit802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Gambit802

i hate this clone wars. the guy who is the main director is a moron who thinks that he is cool because he wears a stupid Indiana Jones hat all the time. The old clone wars was good, The 2003-2005 or whatever.  This new clone wars makes Star Wars a joke. We just got force unleashed and the old republic but now they pull off this stupid shit that makes the force look like you would be better off without the force. Please try to understand what im saying. The comics books, and games are amazing but this new kids cartoon is ridiculous. There was only one good episode of the clone wars that was decent and it was the one with the most "Powerful forceusers" or whatever. i would love to see one of those weaklings to fight Naga Sadow , Marka Ragnos, or even Darth Nihilus. Write  me a letter or please respond to what i just said.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#27  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

O_O CAPTAIN REX!!!! BOO-YAH!!!! ^___^

Pepsiguy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pepsiguy2

This looks frikkin awesome foreshadowing Vader.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By goldenkey

I was not happy with last season 
    TheAvenger802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheAvenger802

I am not happy with any of these horrible seasons

daikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By daikari

there are somethings I like and some I don't like about this series... I just hope they continue it after Anakin becomes Vader. I mean what happens to Ashoka... Plus I'm getting kinda sick and tired of all of the animes or cartoons focused on the two trilogies. Why can't they do an anime  or cartoon focused before the two trilogies or even after the trilogies?

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Eyz

Looking great! Good :D 
    Love those underwater scenes! 
    We need more EU allusions/crossovers, like the Republic Commandos or Quinlan Vos we got in the previous season.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Please.... just let this horrible show die.... please.....

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheHT

Wait a sec, that looked kinda awesome.

sinful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By sinful

hmmm.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.