Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Plays Cat And Mouse

Posted by G-Man (29372 posts) - - Show Bio

We all know that Anakin is a great leader whether it was as a General in the Clone Wars or later on as Darth Vader. In the next all-new episode of Star Wars The Clone Wars, Anakin will engage in an epic battle of wits and wills. Anakin will go up against the infamous Admiral Trench, a master strategist with the full might of the Separatist fleet at his disposal. Anakin is trying to deliver vital troops and supplies to the troubled planet below, armed with only his Jedi cunning and an untried stealth starship. Faced with nearly impossible odds and an undefeated foe, Anakin wouldn't have it any other way. "Cat And Mouse" airs Friday, March 26 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on Cartoon Network.

“Right now, we are portraying Anakin as the hero that old Ben described in the original movie – a brave warrior and a great pilot,” says Matt Lanter (Sorority Row, 90210), the voice of Anakin. “I like getting to play the confidence in him – the cockiness. He literally thinks he always has the best plan, and can get his way out of any situation – and the cool thing is that most of the time he can. Yes, we definitely see some flashes of what’s to come. He has a temper, and he likes a good fight. But Anakin has a good heart and good intentions, and I try to bring that honesty to the character. He’s different from the Anakin we saw in the films; he is more likeable and swashbuckling at this point. I just try to bring out that confident Anakin – and I love that characteristic because it’s so much fun for me to play. At this point in the series, I would say he’s still a hero – but we are seeing more and more flashes of the dark side, and more of the temper which foreshadows what’s to come. Anakin wants to do what he believes is just and fair, but I feel like the entire Star Wars universe has shades of gray. The Republic isn’t necessarily always right and fair, and that’s why Anakin falls in the end. He doesn’t like to follow rules if he feels it doesn’t make sense to do so. For now, that turns out well, and he saves the day. Sometimes, it doesn’t turn out so well… ”

Check out the clip sent by Lucasfilm.

Staff
#1 Posted by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio

Gee...I wonder if Anakin is going to die...
#2 Posted by G-Man (29372 posts) - - Show Bio
@MysterioMaximus: 
I hope not!
Staff
#3 Posted by War Killer (19473 posts) - - Show Bio

I really am enjoying this show, I don't get way a lot of people don't like it, it really is a good show.

#4 Posted by Red Rum (357 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: 

He was being sarcastic...
#5 Posted by mrduckluck (133 posts) - - Show Bio
@MysterioMaximus:
aham anakin will die
#6 Edited by cmaprice (787 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't it sad that a cartoon based on a 2.4 billion-dollar movie trilogy (yes, I'm in the camp that sees Star Wars as two very separate trilogies) has superior acting and writing to said films (despite having A-list actors and years of pre-production?)

#7 Posted by rudorudo (54 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red Rum:  i think they both were being totally serial.....
#8 Posted by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red Rum said:
" @G-Man:   He was being sarcastic... "

Give him credit, he knows! That was always my old joke back when I'd be waiting in line for the prequels, "I wonder if Obi Wan's going to die" =P
#9 Posted by G-Man (29372 posts) - - Show Bio

Staff
#10 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@cmaprice: 

Amen to that!  The show is great, especially after that suck fest they called prequels.
#11 Posted by thedez (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Close you eyes and it sounds like a space battle between a Klingon Battlecruiser and a Romulan Bird of Prey.    

#12 Posted by NightFang (9632 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: I agree man, some people hate just cuz they can.
#13 Posted by Tyler Starke (4410 posts) - - Show Bio

ewwww this battleship submarine style of combat needs to stay on Star Trek and get the hell away from my Star Wars, I mean seriously Star Wars should be on a strict dogfight aerial battle diet only.

#14 Posted by darth bul (130 posts) - - Show Bio

cool villian

#15 Posted by Red Rum (357 posts) - - Show Bio
@rudorudo said:
" @Red Rum:  i think they both were being totally serial..... "
If they were serious, they don't belong on this site.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.