NYCC 2013: Star Wars Animated News

Posted by G-Man (32530 posts) - - Show Bio

There's some new information on the upcoming Star Wars animated series. Set to debut in 2014 on Disney XD, Lucasfilm and Disney have unveiled the villain for Star Wars Rebels at New York Comic Con.

The Inquisitor is described as an "intimidating figure" and is hired by Darth Vader to hunt down the remaining Jedi. The image above was released showing the Inquisitor in front of the familiar-looking Stormtroopers rather than soldiers in the Clone Trooper armor.

Star Wars Rebels is set to take place in the twenty-year span between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope "in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape."

What about the remaining Clone Wars episodes?

Dave Filoni posted on his Facebook an update with good and bad news. They have wrapped production on the final Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes. The bad news is that it means the show is over. The good news is we'll be able to watch the final episodes in early 2014. Filoni couldn't say when but we will get to see them, including, "one of Master Yoda's most challenging missions."

2014 will be a great year for Star Wars fans.

Staff
#1 Posted by VaizD (249 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if Starkiller will make any appearances in Rebels, since it takes place in the correct time period, or if they'll just discount him entirely from continuity. It would be a shame, Starkiller could be interesting if used well.

#2 Posted by MrMazz (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been meaning to catch up with Star Wars Clone Wars. Hopefully Disney dosne't interfere to much with the production of Rebels. I want a show Greg Weisman works on to make it past 2 seasons (with him still there)

#3 Edited by TheCheeseStabber (8070 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay enough Animation give us live action!

#4 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (21877 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved the hell out of his design. He reminds me of the Son in Clone Wars lol

#5 Posted by mattwing87 (427 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok Inquisitor was a class/type of a Sith and that will be his name? Lame!

The lightsaber looks cool though!

#6 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

Am i the only one sad the clone wars is ending? That was like my childhood besides teen titans.

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33050 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaizd said:

I wonder if Starkiller will make any appearances in Rebels, since it takes place in the correct time period, or if they'll just discount him entirely from continuity. It would be a shame, Starkiller could be interesting if used well.

they plowed so much cash in to the Force Unleashed multimedia project I doubt they would do that

#8 Posted by CuddleBear (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

LOOKS COOL! dark. Cartoons and child-targeted movies are not dark anymore. Kids today need more nightmares.

#9 Posted by Jimmie_Hudson_ (284 posts) - - Show Bio

disney is making all kinds of gains

#10 Posted by Mister_Sensational (184 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaizd said:

they plowed so much cash in to the Force Unleashed multimedia project I doubt they would do that

And it would also be a shame if they did that considering how the guy who provided the voice and likeness for Starkiller also voiced Anakin in Clone Wars as well.

#11 Posted by jwalser3 (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

Dumb looking lightsaber..

#13 Posted by Lvenger (19320 posts) - - Show Bio

Despite the preference for the animated Clone Wars show, I found the CGI Clone Wars to be decent too. Hopefully this replacement will be able to cover an interesting period in Star Wars history.

@jonny_anonymous said:

@vaizd said:

And it would also be a shame if they did that considering how the guy who provided the voice and likeness for Starkiller also voiced Anakin in Clone Wars as well.

I don't think he did. Sam Witwer only voiced one random character on an episode and Darth Maul in the Clone Wars. He didn't voice Anakin.

#14 Edited by CitizenJP (596 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds interesting. Clones Wars was badass but I'm glad that's done with. I'm kind of tired of hearing about that period of time. It'll be nice for this new show to shed some more light on the time between episode 3 and 4. Also, it would be pretty rad if they mention Starkiller (just saying. That would be cool). :p

#15 Edited by abeyance (238 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectacular Spiderman was canceled so disney could pump out Ultimate Spiderman

Avengers Earth's Mightest Heroes was canceled for Avengers Assemble

Now Clone Wars is ending so Star Wars: Rebels can take its place.

I don't know about anyone else, but this is getting a little annoying. So far the rebooted shows are not as interesting as the shows they replace. The only saving grace is the same studio appears to be involved and Greg Weisman is being brought into the loop. Plus I am also hoping for the return of Star Killer's clone. It will also be interesting if Ahsoka is brought back, will she try to encounter Darth Vader upon learning he's Anakin.

#16 Edited by Crimsonlord53 (1318 posts) - - Show Bio

Just as long as affleck has nothing to do with any of the projects.

#17 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaizd said:

THIS

#18 Posted by Owie (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent, I was just wondering about what was going on with this project earlier today.

#19 Posted by krspaceT (1473 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm curious how the continuity will work. The Clone Wars was nice for throwing in fan fave characters and cameos (Delta Squad, Vos, Maul, ect), and for all we know one of the imperial agents will be called 'ensign Solo' or something.

#21 Edited by mcbean (292 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like a boy Asajj Ventress

#22 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope Starkiller will never, ever get mentioned in any star wars series.

#23 Edited by StMichalofWilson (3761 posts) - - Show Bio
@vaizd said:

Indeed

Sounds interesting. Clones Wars was badass but I'm glad that's done with. I'm kind of tired of hearing about that period of time. It'll be nice for this new show to shed some more light on the time between episode 3 and 4. Also, it would be pretty rad if they mention Starkiller (just saying. That would be cool). :p

Right on!

#24 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3761 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be interesting if Starkiller was even mentioned in the series. I liked the first Force Unleashed, but the second one felt like a cash in and didn't provide a very convincing story. Also Sam Witwer always provided great characters whenever he's involved in Star Wars (and yes, he provided the voice of the Son and Darth Maul). Also it would be great if any characters from The Clone Wars also make an appearance, mostly the clones, bounty hunters, and Ahsoka.

#25 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4770 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched the 03 series again yesterday, forgot how cool it was. I guess Star Wars aren't so bad. I am still not a huge fan but... ehhhh. I barely started to be really into SciFi futuristic stories in 2009 so... it's a start.

( +)

#26 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Excited here for this! Haven't seen one Episode of Clone Wars yet so when its out, I'm going to have me a massive marathon :)

#27 Edited by CoffeeWithBagels (36 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that he looks like a boy Ventress, but man am i looking forward to those last few Clone Wars episodes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.