Was he truly one of the greatest sith lords of them all?

• 62 results
#1 Posted by Darth Necrid (45 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion the whole rule of two could be ben t to more than just one to wield power and the other to crave it.

#2 Posted by King Saturn (224718 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Bane was one of the greatest Sith Lords. So was Darth Revan, he was pretty badazz
Post Edited:2008-04-03 01:25:43

#3 Posted by King Saturn (224718 posts) - - Show Bio

Some say Darth Sidious was the greatest Sith Lord.

#4 Posted by Darth Necrid (45 posts) - - Show Bio

WELL REVAN WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST BUT HE WAS NEVER TRULY A SITH BECAUSE IN REALITY HE WAS TRYING TO COMBINE THE SITH, THE JEDI AND THE REPUBLIC TO FIGHT A GREATER EVIL THAT COMING FROM THE UNKNOWN REGIONS. AND ALL SIDIUS WAS A WEAK SITH THAT WAS GOOD AT MIND MANIPULATION. IN EPISODE 3 HE PROVED HE COULD HANDLE HIMSELF WITH A LIGHTSABER BUT ONLY TO GET DISTANCE BETWEEN HIMSELF AND HIS OPPONENT SO THAT HE COUULD USE HIS FORCE POWERS.

#5 Posted by Radias (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane is definitly one of my favrites.

#6 Posted by Radias (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane is definitly one of my favrites.

#7 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Since he established the Rule of Two, which saved the Sith Order from extinction and set the stage for Palpatine's rise to power, I think it's reasonable to say he was one of the greats. Naga Sadow, Exar Kun, Darth Revan, Palpatine and Darth Krayt would also be on my list.

#8 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Maul all the way

#9 Posted by hotstuff (24 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say that the big fat jabba is the greatest sith lord.

#10 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

hotstuff says:

"I would say that the big fat jabba is the greatest sith lord.
" />http://www.freewebs.com/zakjedi/FAIL7.JPG"

Actually, there was a Hutt Dark Jedi, Beldorian the Splendid:

#11 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

this just makes me wonder would obi Wan have been able to destroy sideous? if he was sent for him instead of yoda?

#12 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

speedlgt says:

"this just makes me wonder would obi Wan have been able to destroy sideous? if he was sent for him instead of yoda?"

Actually, I've thought about that at length. I think Yoda easily would have been able to take Vader, but I don't think that Obi-Wan could have beaten Sidious. Mace had Sidious beat, but I just don't think that Obi-Wan was that good.

Bear in mind that Agen Kolar was considered one of the best swordsmen on the Jedi Council and he went down to Sidious' blade before he could put up a defense.

#13 Posted by meta knight (113 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Darth Necrid (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually Mace didnt really beat Sidious, it was all a part of his plan to further corrupt Anakin. On the other hand, while the Rule of Two did save the Sith, in a small manner, it further weakend them, forcing them into the shadows. Maul had to be one of the greatest Sith's of them all, and it literaly brings tear to my eye everytime I see Episode 1, and see him get cut in two by a meer Padawan. And in retrospect, I do not believe that Obi-won could have beat the Emperor. If Master Yoda was unable to defeat the Emperor, Who is second to no one in the Jedi Council, I really doudt that Obi-won could have. And Bane was really powerful, i mean he was able to turn the parasites that were killing him into his own powerful armor. But can really say that he did things for the best?

#15 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Some say Darth Sidious was the greatest Sith Lord. "

yeah, bu the didn't do half the stuff for the Sith that Bane did

#16 Posted by Last_Guardian (27780 posts) - - Show Bio

speedlgt says:

"this just makes me wonder would obi Wan have been able to destroy sideous? if he was sent for him instead of yoda?"

of course i would have!

#17 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

all in all, what we're trying to say is that Sidious sucked

if he fought Bane it'd be like Bruce Lee fighting an autistic child

#18 Posted by Darth Necrid (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually have to agree Resonate up there, if Sidious had fought against Bane he would hav egotten his butt beat but then again, Bane wasnt exactly strong force powers wise, which is Sidious' strong point. This is actually why I started this blog, so that people would actually put up a good arguement that would convince me that Bane was reaally that powerful. So whos next?

#19 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Necrid says:

" but then again, Bane wasnt exactly strong force powers wise, which is Sidious' strong point.? "

thats the part where I have disagree xD

He killed the greatest swordsmaster in all of Star Wars with his force powers, before he was even at full power

#20 Posted by ChrisAngel (3955 posts) - - Show Bio

This might not count just yet.. But Darth Caedus is making a quick name for himself as a real threat in the current Star Wars books.

#21 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

ChrisAngel says:

"This might not count just yet.. But Darth Caedus is making a quick name for himself as a real threat in the current Star Wars books."

So I hear. I might have to break down and start reading Star Wars lit again just to see what he's up to.

#22 Posted by Darth Necrid (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Well then again theres another flaw in just that. Lord Kas'im was indeed a magnificent Swordmaster, but he would have Bantha fodder if he had faced the true Master of swordplay , the greatest Lightsaberist of all time, Tulak Hord. Another thing is that Bane didnt hit Kas'im directly, he aimed his power to the main columns of the entrance of the Rakattan temple, bringing the temple down on his old master. So it wasnt so much that he killed him with the Force with a direct attack like Force Choke or Force Lightning, but instead used a simple attack like Force grip to crumble the columns. On another note, I truly have not been able to follow the Legacy series, so I dont know much on the subject. I will mention though that Jacen is a member of the Skywalker bloodline which makes him pretty powerful. Not only that but his healing powers give him an advantage over many things. but lets please not go into that, this is about Bane and the Old Republic, not the New Sith Order.

#23 Posted by Darth Necrid (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, while that is true, he lost his power pretty quickly. And I have read some of the outside stuff, and he is pretty powerful, but I just dont see Sidious as truly that powerful of a Sith.

#24 Posted by lordraiden (7571 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

"King Saturn says:
"Some say Darth Sidious was the greatest Sith Lord. "
yeah, bu the didn't do half the stuff for the Sith that Bane did"

Actually, he did everything the Sith couldn't/didn't do over the last thousand years before his time, which was rise to power and rule the starwars galaxy! Sidious is an extremely powerfull Sith Lord, especially if you step outside the movies, which is where his true power lies!

#25 Posted by Darth Necrid (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Well thats nothing compared to other Sith Lords.

#26 Posted by lordraiden (7571 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Necrid says:

"Well, while that is true, he lost his power pretty quickly. And I have read some of the outside stuff, and he is pretty powerful, but I just dont see Sidious as truly that powerful of a Sith."

He lost his power pretty quickly? last time I checked there's something like 20-30years of rule while he was in the seat as Emperor, how is that quickly?

#27 Posted by lordraiden (7571 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Necrid says:

"Well thats nothing compared to other Sith Lords."

That was a different set up before the rule of two, when there was just as much Sith in the galaxy as there was Jedi, and it was a very different Star Wars galaxy to the one in the movies in vader/lukes time! Relativity!

#28 Posted by Darth Necrid (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this is a blog about the Old Republic! Not only that but about Bane and the time before the Rule of Two. So yeah?

#29 Posted by lordraiden (7571 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Necrid says:

"Well this is a blog about the Old Republic! Not only that but about Bane and the time before the Rule of Two. So yeah?"

Noted, no probs!

#30 Posted by Darth Necrid (45 posts) - - Show Bio

hey man, I didnt want ot offend you or anything, i was just kind of clarifying the situaton, you know?

#31 Posted by lordraiden (7571 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Necrid says:

"hey man, I didnt want ot offend you or anything, i was just kind of clarifying the situaton, you know?"

Yeah, I know! all good, dude!

#32 Posted by Darth Necrid (45 posts) - - Show Bio

So honestly, who do you think is better, Bane or Sidious?

#33 Posted by lordraiden (7571 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Necrid says:

"So honestly, who do you think is better, Bane or Sidious?"

In all honesty, I know more about Sidious than I do bout Bane, so my answer would be biased! I'd have to read up some more of what I know on Bane and PM you! I feel Bane has a distinction and certain legacy in the Sith not so much cause of his power, but because of how he reshaped the Sith and his leadership, in that regards, more so than cause he was an extremely powerfull Sith! Like I said, I'll have to read some more into his history and especially his powerset to get a gauge in the Sith power rankings!

#34 Posted by Darth Necrid (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Hes really a very cool character to read up on, trust me! I love Bane. Another cool Sith is Exar Kun, trust me once more. Yeah defenetly PM later so that we can talk.

#35 Posted by Darth Necrid (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Defenetly, just request me as a Friend(or villian) and I will defenetly talk to you later.

#36 Posted by lordraiden (7571 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Necrid says:

"Hes really a very cool character to read up on, trust me! I love Bane. Another cool Sith is Exar Kun, trust me once more. Yeah defenetly PM later so that we can talk. "

Kun i've read bit bout in TPB Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War! He came back to plague Luke as a spirit years after ROTJ well after Luke started the Jedi/Council again! Will get back to you!

#37 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Plagueis

#38 Posted by lordraiden (7571 posts) - - Show Bio

Zenma says:

"Darth Plagueis"

Not enough is really know about Plagueis!

#39 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Zenma says:
"Darth Plagueis"

Not enough is really know about Plagueis!"

all i know is that he can save people from deaths and even create new life with the midi-chlorians, but sidious killed him in his sleep before he did. Also Plagueis influenced the midi-chlorians to conceive anakin

#40 Posted by Darth Necrid (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Now wait just a bit my friend. So Zenma, What offer do you bring to the table?

#41 Posted by lordraiden (7571 posts) - - Show Bio

Zenma says:

"lordraiden says:
"Zenma says:
"Darth Plagueis"
all i know is that he can save people from deaths and even create new life with the midi-chlorians, but sidious killed him in his sleep before he did. Also Plagueis influenced the midi-chlorians to conceive anakin"

Ah, NO! Lucas has stated that Anakin did not have a father and was conceived by the force, not Plagueis or any other being! That's only been fan speculation!

#42 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Zenma says:
"lordraiden says:
"Zenma says:
"Darth Plagueis"
all i know is that he can save people from deaths and even create new life with the midi-chlorians, but sidious killed him in his sleep before he did. Also Plagueis influenced the midi-chlorians to conceive anakin"

Ah, NO! Lucas has stated that Anakin did not have a father and was conceived by the force, not Plagueis or any other being! That's only been fan speculation!"

alright then i don't know much about star wars, but i like your avatar lordraiden

i found a similar one

#43 Posted by Darth Necrid (45 posts) - - Show Bio

This subject has actually been largely questioned. Many say that it was indeed Plagueis that used his powers to conseve Anakin, but many like my new friend here, say that that is only a meer rumor. Another thing is that while his healing power was great, to me it seems that this would be more of a Jedi trait than that of a Sith. Having the ability to save others from death.

#44 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Necrid says:

"This subject has actually been largely questioned. Many say that it was indeed Plagueis that used his powers to conseve Anakin, but many like my new friend here, say that that is only a meer rumor. Another thing is that while his healing power was great, to me it seems that this would be more of a Jedi trait than that of a Sith. Having the ability to save others from death."

well he has the ability to manipulate the essence of life

#45 Posted by Darth Necrid (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok. Now what the heck does that have to do with Star Wars?

#46 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Necrid says:

"Ok. Now what the heck does that have to do with Star Wars?"

it has something to do with lordraiden's avatar

#47 Posted by Darth Necrid (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Which is something that I would think a Jedi should be more fond of, not a Sith Lord.

#48 Posted by lordraiden (7571 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Necrid says:

"This subject has actually been largely questioned. Many say that it was indeed Plagueis that used his powers to conseve Anakin, but many like my new friend here, say that that is only a meer rumor. Another thing is that while his healing power was great, to me it seems that this would be more of a Jedi trait than that of a Sith. Having the ability to save others from death."

Well, in all honesty, i'm only going by the book, and I know Lucas and his "Vision" of Star Wars, is that he intended Aniken to have been conceived through the force it'self! I know with the idea that Plagueis being able to manipulate midichloreans and prolong life, that's where people started to form the idea he might/was responsible behind Anikens birth, but it's no where stated that he actually ever did creat a life out of nothing! But as I stated previously, from everything Lucas has stated about Anikins birth/origins, and the fact that not much else is know about Plagueis, that that is just fan speculation! So, in all honesty, I don't really have a prob with that, but in reality, I don't see Lucas making that change!

#49 Posted by lordraiden (7571 posts) - - Show Bio

Zenma says:

"lordraiden says:
"Zenma says:
"lordraiden says:
"Zenma says:
"Darth Plagueis"
Ah, NO! Lucas has stated that Anakin did not have a father and was conceived by the force, not Plagueis or any other being! That's only been fan speculation!"
alright then i don't know much about star wars, but i like your avatar lordraiden i found a similar one "

That's awsome Z! Nice mod on my Av! I notice you have a thing for Leo lol

#50 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Zenma says:
"lordraiden says:
"Zenma says:
"lordraiden says:
"Zenma says:
"Darth Plagueis"
alright then i don't know much about star wars, but i like your avatar lordraiden i found a similar one "

That's awsome Z! Nice mod on my Av! I notice you have a thing for Leo lol"

it's because of his expressions

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.