Follow

Darkseid

Character » Darkseid appears in 1531 issues.

Uxas, famously known as Darkseid, is the supreme monarch of the ecumenopolis, Apokolips. Widely regarded as one of the Justice League's worst adversaries, the greatest enemy of New Genesis and one of the biggest threats to the DC Multiverse, he seeks to bend everything to his will and remake the cosmos in his image, while searching for the Anti-Life Equation, an equation which seemingly consists of immense power that has the potential to dominate all life in the DC Multiverse.

will there be a new darkside

zombie flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By zombie flash

because darkside was defeated and killed at the end of final crisis, which was so stupid I think they did that because they ran out of ideas, i was just wondering will there ever be someone to replace  darkside's mantle

nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By nj06

Hmm, thats a good question. I think DC wants to keep the New Gods off the radar for a while so I don't think we will be seeing them anytime soon. If they do bring him back, I hope its with a great storyline and hopefully other members of his elite will make an appearance like Steppenwolf.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By johnny_spam
    @zombie flash said:

"because darkside was defeated and killed at the end of final crisis, which was so stupid I think they did that because they ran out of ideas, i was just wondering will there ever be someone to replace  darkside's mantle "

@zombie flash:
    You read as far back as JLA in the nineties there were teases of Final Crisis. The  JLA: Rock of Ages storyline has many scenes that are used in Final Crisis.    And Final Crisis was meant to be a story called Hypercrisis and was meant to be published years before Identity Crisis in 2004. 

And to the New Gods DC seems to be done with them but future issues of Justice League of America will feature Dr. Impossible , a New God wannabe and the cover looks like it features some references to New Gods. 

Maybe Dr. Impossible is a new Darkseid, maybe the New Gods are back, maybe they are just humans in dress up.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AtPhantom

Stupid? It was cool. There was no other way to finish Darkseid's grand assault on reality other than with his death. I'm happy about it, it gives him time to get some rest, because he's been overexposed for the last decade. Hopefully, it will be several years before they decide to bring him back, and hopefully it will be done by good writers. 

Also, the New Gods from New Genesis are all alive.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By MrDirector786

No one can replace him. He will return one day............ a few years from now.

zombie flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By zombie flash

okay AtPantom  so you like Final crisis and how they skiped around and how superman defeated darkisde by sining a happy song into a whish machine
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By AtPhantom
    @zombie flash said:
    " okay AtPantom  so you like Final crisis and how they skiped around and how superman defeated darkisde by sining a happy song into a whish machine "
    If by happy song you mean +500 holy damage vibration and if by wish machine you mean the ultimate reality warping tool ever made, then yes. Try not being negative, you'll see it makes perfect sense.
    Darkseid Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Darkseid Elite

no, was pretty cool how orion replaced him in kingdom come though. don't think anyone could match him.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I think Morrison is going to do an overhaul on the entire New Gods mythos, he put alot of New Gods stuff in the Final Crisis sketch book that never showed up in Final Crisis.

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By kheranlord12

I don't won't Morrison to write the new gods stories.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.