This is Darkseid?

Posted by The Impersonator (4311 posts) - - Show Bio

WTH? I saw the premiere of Smallville and I saw this evil villian near the end. This is Darkseid coming out from a puff of smoke. He's not a smoke monster. Where are his red eyes? So he can shoot out his Omega Beam rays. I expected Darkseid to be just like in the comics and now they just made him into a CG smoke monster. Why can't they make Darkseid look realistic like Doomsday. Is it that hard? Unless I'm mistaken that Darkseid doesn't have a body yet. Oh well, we'll see. I hope this turns out good. Hope it's not a lame battle (Doomsday) between Clark and Darkseid in the series finale.
#1 Posted by Darkseid Elite (8424 posts) - - Show Bio

never watched the show before, but it's t.v.

like all t.v. shows and movies they never make anything the same. harry potter books and the movies, spider-man the movie and comic. from the picture i think he looks cool, though.
#2 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that it's he's complete yet...and the puff of smoke was just how he appeared and the blue eyes look kind of cool there

#3 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" I don't think that it's he's complete yet...and the puff of smoke was just how he appeared and the blue eyes look kind of cool there "
agreed, and rember he's a god maybe he was trying to manifest apart of himself on earth with actually coming here
#4 Posted by AtPhantom (14472 posts) - - Show Bio

When I first saw it, I was like WTF? BUt after thinking a bit, I don't really mind. It's not like even full appearance yet. I don't mind the puff of smoke, the effect was actually kinda cool, and his eyes aren't always red in the comics either. What bothered me is that the whole thing seemed a bit unreal and silly to be the lord of Apokolips. But oh well, it's way too soon to form opinions yet.

#5 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" I don't think that it's he's complete yet...and the puff of smoke was just how he appeared and the blue eyes look kind of cool there "
#6 Posted by MrDirector786 (43131 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, a lot of comic book characters don't look so good when put into live-action. And as others have said, it could just be he's not completely shown his appearance yet.

#7 Posted by NightFang (9648 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
             I agree but the eyes should have been red.
#8 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should  have brought him in later on, like they did with Doomsday... this was kinda lame.

Supergirl and Jor-El shouldn't even know about Darkseid coming, it should be left to Johnathan, Lionel, Chloe and Brainiac 5.

Oh and he should of had red eyes... and be corporial.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.