should darkseid get a power upgrade?

#1 Edited by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

if so what kind of powers would you like to see him have?

#2 Posted by sinestro_GL (3160 posts) - - Show Bio

Possibly not more powers, but a fortification of his Omega beams - many Marvel fans tend to downplay the Omega beams

#3 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't need a power upgrade, he just needs writers to competently write him at the power level he actually is.

#4 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach:

Agreed.

He doesn`t need new powers. He is THE GOD OF EVIL.

But, maybe the power to make writers write him better. Which wont be a problem in the year 2012, if Grant Morrison is really gonna write them.

#5 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfhrfdu_89_76k said:

But, maybe the power to make writers write him better. Which wont be a problem in the year 2012, if Grant Morrison is really gonna write them.

To be honest, my faith is Grant Morisson is mostly non-existent.

#6 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach:

Yeah, I though that someone might think so. Well, opinions, opinions...

#7 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike him as a writer. But I've been disappointment enough by him in the past to not get my hopes up.

#8 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach:

Okay. To be honest, his stuff has lost a bit of uniqueness, since he has (consistenly) written stuff for a LONG time now. Also, I haven`t yet read most of his Batman-stuff, Final crisis (which interests me, but what I`m probably gonna loan, and then read) or his latest Superman-run. Well, of course he has co-made them, since he hasn`t drawn them.

#9 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: My other big concern is that except for a few moments on final crisis. He's not the writer I've seen display constantly what a physical god being present should look and feel like to a reader.

#10 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_GL said:

Possibly not more powers, but a fortification of his Omega beams - many Marvel fans tend to downplay the Omega beams

well since many marvel fans tend to downplay them well the guys at dc HAVE to do something about it am i right?? yes i am.

#11 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
Yes Darkseid should get a power upgrade... Darkseid should have the power to influence his DC Comic Writers to actually put him at the power level he supposed to be at. 
#12 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

Yes Darkseid should get a power upgrade... Darkseid should have the power to influence his DC Comic Writers to actually put him at the power level he supposed to be at.

lol.

#13 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach:

Well, I don`t really know about that. I read Seven soldiers: Mr. Miracle-series, and in that one, Darkseid felt quite a bit like he should (like he does in Jack Kirbys stories*).

*Well, I`ve only read the first volume of this, but I think that I get Darkseid better than ever.

#14 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfhrfdu_89_76k said:

@Crom-Cruach:

Well, I don`t really know about that. I read Seven soldiers: Mr. Miracle-series, and in that one, Darkseid felt quite a bit like he should (like he does in Jack Kirbys stories*).

*Well, I`ve only read the first volume of this, but I think that I get Darkseid better than ever.

Let me put it this way, in my opinion when a god shows up. Then serious business has come up, the kind where mortals should be completely outclassed. Batman shot him with a gun (I don't care what the bullet was), Darkseid should have had the power to prevent the bullet from even being fired.

#15 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach:

Maybe, maybe...But I think that New gods may be more humane than other gods. They`re more like god like entities, who think that they`re gods. Or at least some of them think so, and most humans think so.

#16 Edited by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfhrfdu_89_76k said:

Maybe, maybe...But I think that New gods may be more humane than other gods. They`re more like god like entities, who think that they`re gods. Or at least some of them think so, and most humans think so.

This is semantics god-like means "as a god". I'm not talking about personality anyway. I'm talking about the sheer scope of the power to actually qualify as a true god. I'm talking about Thor creating an entire mountain range with a single blow of his hammer. I'm talking about Zeus picking up a mortal, casually flinging that person into the sky to create a new constellation, etc.

#17 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach:

Well, in that case, if Darkseid could`ve stopped the bullet, he should`ve stopped the bullet. That`s all I can say, since I haven`t read alot of New gods-stuff. Morrison hasn`t either, if I `ve read it correctly. He has read the Kirby-(with inkers and others)stuff, but probably not much from other writers of New gods. I should read "Supergods", because it has most of the (super?)comics that he has read. Then I could be sure.

#18 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: that's an entirely fair position. I respect that.

#19 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach:

I respect that you respect that.

It has been nice chatting with you.

#20 Posted by Z3RO180 (6563 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: Possily the most epic title for an evil dude to have. GOD OF EVIL just plain epic.

#21 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180:

Yep.

#22 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

what, he can already beat most of the JL members with ease , why would he need a power upgrade

#23 Posted by OmegaHans (207 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's always important that he look as powerful as possible. I get tired of big leaguers like Uxas, Brainiac, Doomsday, etc., made to look and read like they are jobbing out. When written as full potency, like how he originally was for instance, nobody, at least no single individual what have you, should be able to beat Darkseid outside of those few who could possibly hang with him and with immense prep to take him on at that.

I always hope for consistency.

#24 Posted by 4thhorseman (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison had him right in Final Crisis. A being whose very existence would cause this reality to crumble just for being in it.

I'm so tired of seeing him in fist fights....

#25 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

If he gets powered up he could potentially take me, so no upgrade for him please.

#26 Edited by cloudzackvincent (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

i wish the Omega Effect would actually have an "Omega" Effect.... At least it koed Superman ..thats better than tanking.

#27 Posted by BlackWind (6388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach said:

He doesn't need a power upgrade, he just needs writers to competently write him at the power level he actually is.

Exactly. I don't care how motivated or angry Superman gets, he should be nothing to Darkseid.

#28 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

WHOA NO ,HE DOES NOT NEED A POWERUP!!!!!. Darkseid is already far too powerful to be a superman villain, how much more powerful do you want him to be skyfather level? If they made him that powerful, Darkseid should not be a supie villain, He should be "all heroes fight him and just have a 10% chance of winning". Darkseid is if fine where he is, I don't want to see pre-crisis again( even though he was a beast like me). Making him more powerful would make him omnipotent and no one likes a all powerful villain, not even Joker.

#29 Posted by BlackWind (6388 posts) - - Show Bio

He should be at PC levels. Darkseid is the leader of the Apokoliptian gods, no different from Zeus or Odin.

Superman should be a fly to him, nothing more.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.