Pre 52 - How much did Drakseid hate Superman?

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6633 posts) - - Show Bio

So how much did he hate superman cause it seem like when ever he tries to conquer earth superman always stops him. He does beats the living hell out of superman alot so i guess thats a win.

#2 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid views Superman as an insect rather than as somebody to be hated.

#3 Posted by Onemoreposter (4075 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: @colonyofcells: I wouldn't say insect. He see him more like a wild dog. A wild dog can hurt you or possibly kill you. You don't like the wild dog because of the threat it poses to you, but you don't hate it because it only a beast. It can do nothing else than be what it is.

I think that is sort've how Darkseid looks at Superman. Darkseid would like to "domesticate" Superman. He can see the value of making such an animal his servant. Darkseid also realizes that if a beast can't be tamed, sometimes it must be put down.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.