Follow

Darkseid

Character » Darkseid appears in 1531 issues.

Uxas, famously known as Darkseid, is the supreme monarch of the ecumenopolis, Apokolips. Widely regarded as one of the Justice League's worst adversaries, the greatest enemy of New Genesis and one of the biggest threats to the DC Multiverse, he seeks to bend everything to his will and remake the cosmos in his image, while searching for the Anti-Life Equation, an equation which seemingly consists of immense power that has the potential to dominate all life in the DC Multiverse.

Off My Mind: How Powerful Are Darkseid's Omega Beams?

• 60 results
    TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By TheMess1428

It was said that Darkseid's Omega Beams actually just kill and that's it. But from what I've seen, it only seems like they just do whatever he wants them to do. He wanted to send Bruce Wayne to the stone age. But he also wanted everyone to believe that he killed him too by using that dead clone.

DeadDorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By DeadDorf

Thanks for the rewrite! On a quick scan it looks much better.

Avatar image for graphiccasualfreak
    GraphicCasualFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

I think they just use the Omega Beams as a convenient device to show how Darkseid is more powerful than Superman.  I wonder if the creators could even explain their parameters.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By AtPhantom

I'm really willing to chalk any failure to kill Superman on Darkseid's part to him simply not using the full power on. Because, really, He's hurt the frigging Anti-Monitor. There is no way Superman would be much of a challenge.

@SUPER-MAN 23 said:

" I always wondered. Why is Darkseid's name pronounced, "DARKSIDE" and not "DARKSEID". Would "Darkseid" mean "Darkside"? Anyway, I don't think Darkseid even controls his Omega beams. I think he doesn't really understand what power he wields. Because when he tried to kill Batman in Final Crisis #6, we found out later that he was transported to the caveman times in the end of final crisis #7. So maybe Darkseid controls the beams at times, however, other times the Omega beams choose who to kill and who not to kill "

Read Return of Bruce Wayne. Darkseid meant to do everything that happened to Batman.
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By speedlgt

what I find odd about this topic is we are all very fast to slam superman for being too powerful and boring Yet we want darkseeds omega beams to Hit any target and destroy any target? would that not make him way over powered and unbeatable? who could ever fight him if all he has to do is fire his beams and the WILL hit and destroy anything? 

I think and like the way hes been handled hes bascially unlimited power but defeats himself its the classic villan downfall
    taytaysmiff44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By taytaysmiff44
    BabyDarkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

his omega beams used to vaporize anything it touches but that was too op so they had to tone it down so now it just deals heavy amount of damage

Avatar image for deactivated-59d0376931207
    deactivated-59d0376931207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're as strong as need be.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If you'll recall, it took two shots to kill DeSaad in the Omega Beams' debut.

The first was a warning shot. They have an adjustable setting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
    deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Supernova level, Superman has already been knocked out for a energy attack of that level, and Omega Beams already knocked him out, so... Do the math.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.