Is Darkseid Stronger Than Superman

• 57 results
#1 Posted by Amazingoctus (3122 posts) - - Show Bio

I know darkseid is powerful in every aspect but is he stronger than DC's greatest hero? in animated movies he seems a hundred times stronger
#2 Posted by Zaiyan (461 posts) - - Show Bio

No, the modern Darkseid is tiny bit weaker than C.K. He is less durable, slower, punch for pucnh he might be stronger and the OmegaEffect might e better than heat vision...even though its been blocked, ducked outrun etc  but overall Supes beats the modern Darkseid
Brave and the Bold Darkseid looked very powerful. Kirby's Pre Crisis much more powerful and at skyfather level.

#3 Posted by MrDirector786 (43509 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zaiyan said:
"  No, the modern Darkseid is tiny bit weaker than C.K. He is less durable, slower, punch for pucnh he might be stronger and the OmegaEffect might e better than heat vision...even though its been blocked, ducked outrun etc  but overall Supes beats the modern Darkseid Brave and the Bold Darkseid looked very powerful. Kirby's Pre Crisis much more powerful and at skyfather level. "
He is more durable and stronger. The beams have been avoided through PIS. Superman can't beat modern Darkseid at all. Darkseid would one-shot him. And I'm talking about modern Darkseid.
#4 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

He should be.

#5 Posted by FuryofObama2012 (84 posts) - - Show Bio

No but he's close I think.

#6 Posted by SC (12951 posts) - - Show Bio

He squats more, and presses more, but Supes might win curl more, and win in an arm wrestle, cause Darkseid's technique is all whack. So anyway, main short story cut to the core, the core of the point, yes. 

#7 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. He is Stronger.

#8 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
" He should be. "
#9 Posted by SoliloquyCruciverbalist (5 posts) - - Show Bio
In the end, the Dark Side envelopes all. Light contracts, Darkness expands, you are left in a cold dark room, and hope is just the name of a word dreamt up by humanoid ducks. 
#10 Posted by PowerHerc (83251 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Superman is stronger than Darkseid.
#11 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

" Nope. Superman is stronger than Darkseid. "

Only in stories written by Loeb or Jurgens aka, twits lol
#12 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @PowerHerc said:
Only in stories written by Darkseid or Jenkins aka, twits lol "
Yeah, Darkseid is such a crap writer. :P
#13 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @PowerHerc said:
Only in stories written by Darkseid or Jenkins aka, twits lol "
Yeah, Darkseid is such a crap writer. :P "
****, I meant Loeb. I was thinking about Superman/Batman as I was writing. Sorry
#14 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

I figured as much. LOL

#15 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

"Super or otherwise, you are merely a man... and i am a GOD!"

#16 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicdude23 said:
" Yes. He is Stronger. "
#17 Posted by HolySerpent (12517 posts) - - Show Bio

hes stronger but not by much
#18 Edited by Lvenger (19251 posts) - - Show Bio

In several battles, modern Darkseid has lost to Superman. E.g in the ..er I can't remember what issue it was but Team Superman headed to Apokolips to retrieve John Henry from the Aegis Armour held by Darkseid and Superman beat him then. Also in Superman/Batman a pissed Superman beat Darkseid. Furthermore, in Countdown they had a fight and Darkseid activated a power in Jimmy that made him emit kryptonite radiation so he was either bored or a bad loser. I think Superman fought and either beat or stalemated Darkseid in a Legends crossover issue as well. Technically, Darkseid should have a slight edge like he did in Superman/Batman Apocalypse but in comic books, it's either been a draw or Superman ftw. In modern continuity

#19 Posted by MrDirector786 (43509 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger said:
" In several battles, modern Darkseid has lost to Superman. E.g in the ..er I can't remember what issue it was but Team Superman headed to Apokolips to retrieve John Henry from the Aegis Armour held by Darkseid and Superman beat him then. Also in Superman/Batman a pissed Superman beat Darkseid. Furthermore, in Countdown they had a fight and Darkseid activated a power in Jimmy that made him emit kryptonite radiation so he was either bored or a bad loser. I think Superman fought and either beat or stalemated Darkseid in a Legends crossover issue as well. Technically, Darkseid should have a slight edge like he did in Superman/Batman Apocalypse but in comic books, it's either been a draw or Superman ftw. In modern continuity "
That instance where he went to rescue Steel was horrible writing. The Legends crossover wasn't Darkseid - it was Desaad disguised as Darkseid. Darkseid is much more powerful than Superman.
#20 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Superman's stronger

#21 Posted by Lvenger (19251 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786:  Ah I only saw the image, didn't read the story. Lack of information on the story on my part. And I agree that Darkseid is more powerful than Superman and it should be like in Superman/Batman Apocalypse where he took a beating from Superman and Supergirl. I was only citing references from their previous comic book battles between modern Superman and modern Darkseid.
#22 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I don t think hes stronger, I understand that he should be or is intended to be but superman always beats him stright up without really cheating so I would say no hes not stronger than him and if he was its a just a small amount not nearly enough to matter
#23 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid should be stronger than Supes.

#24 Posted by Billy Batson (57939 posts) - - Show Bio

He is stronger than Supes.

#25 Posted by Billy Batson (57939 posts) - - Show Bio

lol at FTBB comment

#26 Posted by PowerHerc (83251 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Still true.

#27 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

@PowerHerc said:

Still true.

It's not though. The only times Superman has been shown to be stronger than Darkseid are in stories by Loeb or Jenkins, both of whom are hacks. 
#28 Posted by YoungGunna (2439 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is stronger than SOME versions of DS( mostly the ones with Superman writers or Loeb who no nothing of Darkseid's full scope of abilities or even how they work). The recton of Final Crisis is a catch all; it applies to all previous appereances of all New Gods. Darkseid fully manifesting in our universe means the destruction of our universe; the New Gods exist on a higher vibratory frequency, and we only see facets and aspects of those beings, none ever whole like Morpheus and Sandman. That explains all the diffrences in characterization, power level, and plot detail. That is undisputably the way continuity is working, but it also means that the charcters become undebatable because we only have one appereance of "true" Darkseid, one in which was dying( thanks to Orion) and we have no appereances of any the New Gods. Darkseid should be classified in more specific versions like GDS Darkseid or Final Crisis Darkseid instead of just PC and Post Crisis..... Anyways all in all is Superman more powerful than Darkseid? Ugh NOT EVEN CLOSE... Putting him above DS - who has been apart of some CRAZY feats like creating universes or causing the destruction of the multiverse by his very entrance, feels kind of unreasonable.... Even if you leave off from Final Crisis stuff, he's still created universes( in Seven Soldiers, in Batman), he still casually imprisoned the entire Legion of Superheroes( in Foundations), he still destroyed Modru and a high level Time Trapper "stand in" (GDS), he still has the power to control one of the most formidable forces in comics(Apokolips). Putting Superman above Darkseid's power is quite frankly retarded:\

#29 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@PowerHerc said:

@PowerHerc said:

Still true.

It's not though. The only times Superman has been shown to be stronger than Darkseid are in stories by Loeb or Jenkins, both of whom are hacks.

Not true. Darkseid is a New Gods villain. This means that he is a antagonist for all of the new gods and can easily beat the s**t out of Superman with relative ease. Unfortunately, he has, lately been written by horrible writers which has lead to most people thinking he's just a dark Superman. He isn't. He's much stronger than Superman, who should be able to beat him when both are at 100%. That's the way he was written, and he should be. Ofcourse, I'm talking about pre-Revamp Darkseid, the post Revamp is probably going to be a JLA villain.

#30 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid by far

#31 Posted by Primebonnick (1977 posts) - - Show Bio

it is funny how ppl use that darkseid is a god so he must be stronger but no one complains when thor goes up against supes in strength and ppl say supes. but ye DS is stronger hell he even smacked away silver age supes like he was nothing.

#32 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

To quote Darkseid in the Playstation2 video game Justice League: Heroes... "I'm even stronger than Superman!" You might call this flimsy evidence. I call it an open and shut sandwich.

#33 Posted by 218Comics (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman seems to win when it comes to strength, but Darkseid may be overall more powerful.

#34 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid should be able to beat Superman easily.

#35 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid was intended to be stronger. it was really clear when they first met. Clark even admitts that Darkseid is alot stronger than him. but their later battles showed them on an even playing field or Darkseid being weaker.

#36 Posted by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

"Super or otherwise, you're merely a man. And I am a god."

#37 Edited by Superguy1591 (3248 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid is stronger, in terms of strength, than Superman. Superman can only beat Darkseid when he's pissed off to the point where he could kill him (messing with Kara, killing Batman...he thought).

Superman pissed off is the only time Superman's strength comes anywhere close to Darkseid's and he's still not stronger than him. Superman gets the upperhand because Superman has an arsenal of powers that are too much for Darkseid to counter. The biggest factor for Superman will always be his speed, but Darkseid's punch could knock him unconscious.

Strength, durability, intellect all go to the God of Bad. Speed, agility and all around will goes to the Man of Steel.

#38 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

YES

#39 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

He's stronger.

m99

#40 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zaiyan said:

No, the modern Darkseid is tiny bit weaker than C.K. He is less durable, slower, punch for pucnh he might be stronger and the OmegaEffect might e better than heat vision...even though its been blocked, ducked outrun etc but overall Supes beats the modern Darkseid Brave and the Bold Darkseid looked very powerful. Kirby's Pre Crisis much more powerful and at skyfather level.

Wrong. Darkseid is far stronger and durable than Superman. He has easily dispatched Superman in the past with a mere backhand and has laughed off his strongest blows. Any incident where Superman has defeated Darkseid is massive PIS.

#41 Posted by ShadowHuntR (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@Zaiyan said:

No, the modern Darkseid is tiny bit weaker than C.K. He is less durable, slower, punch for pucnh he might be stronger and the OmegaEffect might e better than heat vision...even though its been blocked, ducked outrun etc but overall Supes beats the modern Darkseid Brave and the Bold Darkseid looked very powerful. Kirby's Pre Crisis much more powerful and at skyfather level.

Wrong. Darkseid is far stronger and durable than Superman. He has easily dispatched Superman in the past with a mere backhand and has laughed off his strongest blows. Any incident where Superman has defeated Darkseid is massive PIS.

It's easy to call everything PIS when you try to defend your point.

Superman has defeated Darkseid on many occasions. It would be PIS if it would have happened once.

#42 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShadowHuntR: Really? That's merely the odd inclusion of extremely poor writing on Darkseid's behalf. On more than one occasion, Darkseid has easily one shotted Superman with ease, even when he was already angered and Darkseid merely swats him away. Even in the New 52, Superman stood no chance against Darkseid, trying to hold him back but easily becoming overpowered.

#43 Posted by Z3RO180 (6449 posts) - - Show Bio

No Darkside is much stronger than superman and more powerful. But to say that superman should never be able to defeat DS is a bull if anything even though Superman isn't as powerful as Darkside he is the most powerful being on earth,and should,be able to beat him. Not right right away but,after a long and bad ass battle

#44 Posted by BlackWind (6078 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman should not be a match for Darkseid. At. All. It shouldn't matter how bloodlusted he is or if he is sundipped. Darkseid should take a team effort to even begin to trouble him. DC needs to start treating him like the god he is an not some jobber.

Want someone powerful for Superman to just barely defeat? Use Mongul.

#45 Edited by leonkarlen123 (4363 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingoctus: Darkseid is stronger. He wrecked Wonder woman, Power girl and supergirl at the same time so Supes have no match against darkseid because he got more powers,.

#46 Edited by Assman (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zaiyan

said:

" No, the modern Darkseid is tiny bit weaker than C.K. He is less durable, slower, punch for pucnh he might be stronger and the OmegaEffect might e better than heat vision...even though its been blocked, ducked outrun etc but overall Supes beats the modern Darkseid Brave and the Bold Darkseid looked very powerful. Kirby's Pre Crisis much more powerful and at skyfather level. "

He is more durable and stronger. The beams have been avoided through PIS. Superman can't beat modern Darkseid at all. Darkseid would one-shot him. And I'm talking about modern Darkseid.

How many times has this actually hapend?

#47 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

Usually, yeah.

#48 Edited by THEOCITYLEGEND (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid should be able to stomp Superman. He is a Justice League villain and no hero should be able to even come close to handling him alone.

#49 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Mongul, Darkseid, Doomsday, Superboy prime, ect are more stronger than Superman.

#50 Posted by The Stegman (23902 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Darkseid to be far stronger than Superman, if it takes the whole League to beat him, Superman shouldn't be able to do it on his own.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.