I just realized how dumb Darkseid's new uniform is...

#1 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3567 posts) - - Show Bio
Idk, just not a fan.
#2 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer it to the old one.

#3 Edited by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the red parts are absolutely unnecesary. Picture this costume without red and tell me it doesn't look better. I mean, the design itself is kinda nice, it's the color scheme I have a problem with. Darkseid looks more like an action figure from a McDonald's Happy Meal rather than the ruler of Apokolips.

That said, it is better than his old costume. I mean, I love Kirby, but some stuff just doesn't work forever.

#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13673 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it better than the old one. Maybe it just needs a few color changes.

#5 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5677 posts) - - Show Bio

Make the red areas purpke

#6 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

I think the red parts are absolutely unnecesary. Picture this costume without red and tell me it doesn't look better. I mean, the design itself is kinda nice, it's the color scheme I have a problem with. Darkseid looks more like an action figure from a McDonald's Happy Meal rather than the ruler of Apokolips.

That said, it is better than his old costume. I mean, I love Kirby, but some stuff just doesn't work forever.

At least he has pants now. I like the new one too, but the shoulderpads looks lame, and the omega symbol should be more noticeable

#7 Posted by Z3RO180 (6717 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi: looks more universal warlord than the last one did.one question abou darkseid and the new gods in genreal. Are they actualy gods or are they just really powerfull aliens?

#8 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3567 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@Kal'smahboi: looks more universal warlord than the last one did.one question abou darkseid and the new gods in genreal. Are they actualy gods or are they just really powerfull aliens?

Bigger question (and this'll make your head spin): Is there a difference?

@SmashBrawler: @Avenging-X-Bolt: Yeah, it's definitely the colors.

#9 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

The colors make it look worse than what it already was

#10 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1687 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally don't mind it, though I also never thought there was ever anything wrong with the old one. Only problem I have is the shoulder pads.

#11 Posted by The_Tree (7975 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish he looked more like this:

#12 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like Thor's terrible 90's costume..

#13 Posted by Z3RO180 (6717 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi:dame your right

#14 Posted by TDK_1997 (15089 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

#15 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

@The_Tree said:

Whoa whoa whoa, only midnighter is allowed the chin spike

#16 Edited by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

At least he isn't still wearing a onesy-unitard-panty combo.

The action figure looks BA and is better imo:

#17 Posted by Squalleon (4958 posts) - - Show Bio

Dc just remove the colors he is like a rainbow :-P.The orb is fine it gives him character!

#18 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

he's rockin the infinity gauntlet :)

#19 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

This picture here is exactly what I meant:

Looks a lot better, doesn't it?

#20 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. I said that to myself how long ago after I really looked at it.

#21 Posted by noj (1091 posts) - - Show Bio

Old Darkseid wasnt much better. He was a great and menacing character but his old costume just wasnt very great. The best Darkseid design is Final Crisis Darkseid, specifically the one who appeared on the covers since Im not entirely positive he ever actually wore it in any of the issues.

This one

#22 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

So I am guessing the skirt was better

I like this version much better

#23 Posted by DRDOOMSDAY390 (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

it better then his old outfit and he really needed a custume change.

#24 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1025 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

they r gods in the sense that they were created by the same god wave that gave birth to the various pantheons of deities in the dc universe.. besides in "our worlds at war" i remember wonder woman and her amazons praying to darkseid and thus restoring his powers and she mentions the fact that he is a god... and on a side note i think the new gods should be more powerful than the other pantheons as they were much closer to the epicenter of the god wave

ps:prefer the new design

#25 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi: Are you talking about the Great Maker in general or jjust the no longer worshipped pantheons of pagan deities?

Honestly, I have never understood why people think its ok to make the Asgardians, Olympians, Ennead/Ognod, etc be aliens. I mean, talk about self-centered & egotistical.

Regardless of what the Marvel Movie-Verse likes to say, magic =/= technology.

#26 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

The red ruins it. It could look good without the red.

I gotta go with the original Darkseid costume.

#27 Posted by TheCannon (19460 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

This.

#28 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

I prefer it to the old one.

#29 Posted by Elaine (20 posts) - - Show Bio

The new one looks too cartoony to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.