How owerful will the New 52 darkseid be ?

#1 Edited by Mina319 (219 posts) - - Show Bio

Just wondering if this new darkseid will resemble anything like pre crisesd arkseid, or will he be that god awful jobberseid that forced me to like thanos better ? Or is it too early to really tell ?

#2 Posted by Mina319 (219 posts) - - Show Bio

*Powerful, sorry guys there is a typo.

#3 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's too early to tell, however I can say I was a bit disappointed at the lack of speech of villainy. I always dig villains making speeches.

#4 Posted by Saren (25124 posts) - - Show Bio

Too early to tell, but he's not so bad right now. One-shotted Superman and curbstomped Green Lantern.

#5 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Too early to tell, but he's not so bad right now. One-shotted Superman and curbstomped Green Lantern.

I'm agreeing with this but Justice League also takes place 5 years earlier than the separate 52 titles.

But yeah, he seems to be more powerful than his pre-52 self.

#6 Posted by Mina319 (219 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: Also loving how darkseids omega beams went so fast that flash barely out ran it and caught superman. Try dodging that batman !!!!

#7 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Darkseid is going to be a jobber any time soon. He seems like he's going to be extremely powerful in the first JLA arc but who knows, maybe in the future they'll make him weaker. Personally I hope for an over powered Darkseid so he always gives the heroes trouble. It's always exciting to see the struggles and then their victory.

#8 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre 52 > Post 52

#9 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mina319 said:

Try dodging that batman !!!!

He's Batman, the Omega Beam dodges him

#10 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Mina319 said:

QFT

#11 Edited by PrinceKalEl (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: haha priceless

#12 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty powerful I would say. It looks like he has overrun Earth-2.

#13 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth: he didnt attack Earth-2 did he? I thought that was his uncle Steppenwolf or whatever in the name of Darkseid

#14 Posted by JuliusTakalua (317 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf: Yea but it's all cus of DS. DS has few feats but he's implied to be super powerful. Can't wait to hear more of the fourth world! seems like it's multiversal

#15 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by JuliusTakalua (317 posts) - - Show Bio

check out JL 23.1

DS is ubber powerful. But hte origin is very different from Kirby's....

Now it's pretty clear that DS and HF are both top tier or above Skyfather levels and destroyed their dimension/reality/universe then created a new one.

He destroyed countless Earths. Killed many many Supermen. And ran across the Multiverse in search for Kaiyo....

#17 Posted by Jeremy1989 (794 posts) - - Show Bio

Q:How owerful will the New 52 darkseid be ?

A: very very owerful. ;)

#18 Edited by Herokiller12344 (997 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Darkseid seems pretty boss.

#19 Posted by Zmasonite (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Mina319 said:

QFT

I'm in tears

#20 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

Very powerful.

#21 Posted by thanosi666 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully the writers now will do him justice this time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.