Doomsday only beat a Darkseid Avatar

#1 Posted by MrDirector786 (43550 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone tell me which issue it was where it was stated that the Darkseid that Hunter Prey Doomsday beat was only an avatar? I've heard it from many people but I want to know which comic it was in where it was revealed that Doomsday only beat an avatar.

#2 Posted by comicfanforever (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

"an aspect of my omnipotent self" omnipotent? Bulls***
#4 Posted by blur99 (373 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theworldbreaker said:
"
"an aspect of my omnipotent self" omnipotent? Bulls*** "
I haven't read many Darkseid comics but he always speaks that way.  He has a high, very high regard for himself. 
And I  gotta say his lines are great and one of the best in books.
#5 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio
@blur99:
I know and he has great lines sometimes but i hate it when any  character realy overrates him/her self.
#6 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theworldbreaker said:
" @blur99:
I know and he has great lines sometimes but i hate it when any  character realy overrates him/her self. "
Well that's what Villains do.
#7 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not just overestimating, it's his propaganda. As far as Apokolips is concerned, he's not a god, he's The God.

#8 Posted by MrDirector786 (43550 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicfanforever: 
I know he has avatars, I wanted to know was when that one instance was revealed to be an avatar.
#9 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (889 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he's overrating himself at all. He did almost beat Batman, how many people can say that?

#10 Posted by TifaLockhart (14050 posts) - - Show Bio

Those two examples (Anarky and Jack Kirby's Fourth World) are the only times we have ever seen a Darkseid avatar. No mention of Doomsday is there.

Call it PIS. Call it malarky. But the fact is, Doomsday beat Darkseid. I don't like it, but I accept it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.