Follow

Darkseid

Character » Darkseid appears in 1531 issues.

Uxas, famously known as Darkseid, is the supreme monarch of the ecumenopolis, Apokolips. Widely regarded as one of the Justice League's worst adversaries, the greatest enemy of New Genesis and one of the biggest threats to the DC Multiverse, he seeks to bend everything to his will and remake the cosmos in his image, while searching for the Anti-Life Equation, an equation which seemingly consists of immense power that has the potential to dominate all life in the DC Multiverse.

Does Darkseid Know His Opponents?

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
    ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

Not that it matters to them, but Does Darkseid, or other such characters like Despero, know of the heroe's identities? For instance, does Darkseid know Superman is Clark Kent? That Batman is Bruce Wayne?

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2  Edited By noj

I dont think so, especially not in the DCnU, but even if he did I doubt it would really matter to him all that much. He probably wouldnt care for something as "beneath" him as secret identitys

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AtPhantom

Darkseid does. He knows both who Superman and Batman are. Despero and others probably don't.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Freefa11

Darkseid knows that Superman pretends to be a human regularly. Whether he truly knows much, or cares, about who "Clark Kent" is supposed to be as a person I'm not really sure.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AtPhantom

@Freefa11 said:

Darkseid knows that Superman pretends to be a human regularly. Whether he truly knows much, or cares, about who "Clark Kent" is supposed to be as a person I'm not really sure.

He does. He captured Clark Kent all the way back in the late eighties and was fully aware of who it was.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DocFatalis

@Freefa11: Great av pal, great av.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By RainEffect

You would think Darkseid, a guy who can effectively remove you from existence by looking at you, can see beneath a cowl or a pair of glasses.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Freefa11

@AtPhantom: I know he transported Clark to Apokolips and recognized that it was actually Superman. What I'm saying is more that I'm not entirely sure he knows things like why Superman calls himself that, why he dresses and acts the way he does, where he lives, where he works, what he eats, or even necessarily the name "Clark Kent." He knows Superman has a disguise and can recognize it; beyond that I'm not sure he knows or cares much of anything about his human persona.

Similarly with Batman, I imagine if Bruce Wayne showed up in front of him, he'd be able to tell that it was really Batman, but beyond that, I'm not sure he necessarily has much knowledge or interest in the "Bruce Wayne" character.

@DocFatalis: Thanks. Found it on Amazon.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By TDK_1997

Darkseid knows who Superman is but about Batman I'm not sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.