Follow

Darkseid

Character » Darkseid appears in 1531 issues.

Uxas, famously known as Darkseid, is the supreme monarch of the ecumenopolis, Apokolips. Widely regarded as one of the Justice League's worst adversaries, the greatest enemy of New Genesis and one of the biggest threats to the DC Multiverse, he seeks to bend everything to his will and remake the cosmos in his image, while searching for the Anti-Life Equation, an equation which seemingly consists of immense power that has the potential to dominate all life in the DC Multiverse.

Do you think...

UncannyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UncannyX

Darkseid will ever return after his death in Final Crisis?

Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Push

Are you serious??? Of course he will! One of the other main reason's for FC was the re-incarnation of the Fourth World into the Fifth World! Worry not, he'll always be back ;-)

UncannyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By UncannyX
    @Push said:
    " Are you serious??? Of course he will! One of the other main reason's for FC was the re-incarnation of the Fourth World into the Fifth World! Worry not, he'll always be back ;-) "
    Hot diggety. xD

I love Darkseid. The fact that at one point he started going down the drain made me mad. =/
    He was awesome in FC, though. :D
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AtPhantom

The point Final Crisis made was that all the Good Gods will be reincarnated, while the bad Gods will not. With that said, there is absolutely no way Darkseid will stay dead forever. I'd like him to take five or so years rest so the character is fresh when he comes back. After all, we know for a fact that he'll still be alive in the 31st century.

Oh and yes, Darkseid is freaking awesome!!!

UncannyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By UncannyX
    @AtPhantom said:
    " The point Final Crisis made was that all the Good Gods will be reincarnated, while the bad Gods will not. With that said, there is absolutely no way Darkseid will stay dead forever. I'd like him to take five or so years rest so the character is fresh when he comes back. After all, we know for a fact that he'll still be alive in the 31st century. Oh and yes, Darkseid is freaking awesome!!! "
    Thanks for clearing things up. :D
    Question, though...For my birthday this year I plan on hunting down one of the Crisis series. Having not read either, only reading of what takes place in them, I ask for someone to tell me which one to get, considering how I can only get one, with money being an issue.

Infinite or Final? Which one has the better quality?
    And where would be the best place to buy them? If online, which site is somewhat cheaper and definitely reliable?

But yes, Darkseid is awesome. I don't think any other villain, aside from maybe Brainiac, (whom technically doesn't count as he isn't flesh and blood) has tempted Superman so much to forget his strict rule to never kill anyone. Because of Doomsday's nature, I doubt think you could count him either. I think...what really got to him was when Dan died. Which, got to me too. I remember having first watched the animated series (voice actor casted for Darkseid was amazing. ^^ But Orion's voice in JLU was Hellboy and Batman from the JL video game. xDDD!) in the episode, I believe it was 'Apokolips, now' his line...right before he killed Dan infront of Superman gave me the worst chill down my spine. o_O

"Savor your moment of triumph, Superman. But remember, victory has it's price." -vaporizes Dan Turpin with Omega Beams, and leaves through Boom Tube as Superman tries to fly after him in anger- Jeez. Gave me the willies. D: He's probably the only character besides Venom (Eddie Brock, when done right) or Mojo (all around disgusting and disturbing) that could truly scare me. But I love him. I love my baddies. ;D
    Sophie Lopez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sophie Lopez

LOL no brainier, of course DS will be back.

UncannyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By UncannyX
    @Sophie Lopez said:
    " LOL no brainier, of course DS will be back. "
    LAWL. I realize that now. xD
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AtPhantom
    @UncannyX said:
    " Infinite or Final? Which one has the better quality? "
    tough question. Personally, Final Crisis is the best crisis I've read so far. But it does have its flaws. For one, it's really difficult to read it, you literally have to squeeze information out of it. Every information is hidden on some small piece of text in the back of the panel... And while the story of it is just freaking awesome, the atmosphere of the comic is not. You rarely get the feeling that it is the actual end of the world. You really need to work to figure it out. If you like that sort of thing, you'll love the hell out of it! If not, you're not gonna be happy with FC.

Infinite crisis, on the other hand, while a simpler story, is much easier to follow, It's straight forward, entertaining, with a good story and a much better atmosphere. No Darkseid unfortunately, but you can't have everything. Infinite crisis is a much safer bet, whereas you'll either love Final crisis, or hate it.
    UncannyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By UncannyX
    @AtPhantom said:
    "
    @UncannyX said:
    " Infinite or Final? Which one has the better quality? "
    tough question. Personally, Final Crisis is the best crisis I've read so far. But it does have its flaws. For one, it's really difficult to read it, you literally have to squeeze information out of it. Every information is hidden on some small piece of text in the back of the panel... And while the story of it is just freaking awesome, the atmosphere of the comic is not. You rarely get the feeling that it is the actual end of the world. You really need to work to figure it out. If you like that sort of thing, you'll love the hell out of it! If not, you're not gonna be happy with FC.Infinite crisis, on the other hand, while a simpler story, is much easier to follow, It's straight forward, entertaining, with a good story and a much better atmosphere. No Darkseid unfortunately, but you can't have everything. Infinite crisis is a much safer bet, whereas you'll either love Final crisis, or hate it. "
    Ha. That's just the thing. I love those things that you sort of have to think about to really understand. Which is why Watchmen and Kingdom Come are probably two of my favorite comic books of all time. xD And that says a lot. I liked Age Of Apocalypse and Days Of Future Past too. A more simpler side of my liking would be The Death Of Superman.

And plus, just knowing that Darkseid's in Final Crisis makes me want it, unfortunately. I love his whole origin story and his never ending quest, it seems, to obtain absolute control over the universe. He's a villain's villain. What else is there to it?
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AtPhantom
    @UncannyX said:
    "I love his whole origin story and his never ending quest, it seems, to obtain absolute control over the universe. He's a villain's villain. What else is there to it? "
    Nothing and I completely agree with you, I've been a Darkseid (and New Gods in general) fan since day one.

Well, If you like it I can also recommend Grant Morrison's Seven soldiers meta series. While not completely related, part of it (the mister Miracle part) serves as a precursor to Final Crisis, showing what happened in between the destruction of the fourth World and Darkseid's rise on Earth. It is one of the best portrayals of Darkseid and New Gods to my mind.
    UncannyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By UncannyX
    @AtPhantom said:
    "
    @UncannyX said:
    "I love his whole origin story and his never ending quest, it seems, to obtain absolute control over the universe. He's a villain's villain. What else is there to it? "
    Nothing and I completely agree with you, I've been a Darkseid (and New Gods in general) fan since day one.Well, If you like it I can also recommend Grant Morrison's Seven soldiers meta series. While not completely related, part of it (the mister Miracle part) serves as a precursor to Final Crisis, showing what happened in between the destruction of the fourth World and Darkseid's rise on Earth. It is one of the best portrayals of Darkseid and New Gods to my mind. "
    Hooray. :D

I'll have to check it out sometime. Sounds awesome. xD
    I do think that the killing off of all, if I'm mistaken, the obvious majority, the New Gods was not necessarily the right move. =/ I loved that whole story, not just revolving around dearest Darkseid. It seemed as if all of Jack Kirby's wonderful creations were just....destroyed when he left DC and headed back to Marvel, or was he just heading there? I often get my history when it comes to creators and artists mixed up.

Alas, the economy is absolutely horrible for a lot of people. I really can't seem to find any money to use on comics without worrying about bills and food and whatnot. I'd have to beg and see if Santa could bring me some more comics for my collection.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.