Follow

Darkseid

Character » Darkseid appears in 1531 issues.

Uxas, famously known as Darkseid, is the supreme monarch of the ecumenopolis, Apokolips. Widely regarded as one of the Justice League's worst adversaries, the greatest enemy of New Genesis and one of the biggest threats to the DC Multiverse, he seeks to bend everything to his will and remake the cosmos in his image, while searching for the Anti-Life Equation, an equation which seemingly consists of immense power that has the potential to dominate all life in the DC Multiverse.

DC Comics & Jim Lee Unveil Darkseid in the 'New 52'

• 114 results
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By DEGRAAF

They say they are trying to get characters away from Iconinc outfits but this new look look likes they are trying to make him look iconic with the symbols on his chest/ neck and waist

SpitfireINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By SpitfireINK

I'm sorry - this is bad -

Why overstate the Omega symbol on his chest and his lower torso? - uggh!!

It's about as bad as bad gets - Jim Lee - great artist - but tailor - Oh NO!

And I absolutely hate the rounded shoulder pads -

This reminds me of Marvel's Super Boxers - ( ~ shiver ~ ) *make the bad man stop ~ please*

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#103  Edited By DarthShap

You couldn't let Kirby keep this one DC, could you?

The original was classic and fit the character perfectly. Now again with the armor despite the fact that

1)He almost never participates in battles

2)He does not thing anything could hurt him anyway.

And from a pure design stanpoint, it's so 90's. It's like Jim Lee as a designer is stuck in his own past. Was he hit by the Omega Sanction?

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By Eyz

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Looks a bit too similar to Apocalypse for my liking, and I'm not a huge fan of the cracks in his shoulder pads. There's too many of them on each shoulder. Also not fond of the center insignia on his chest. Overall, not very happy with the armored look. It's not the worst Lee could of done, but it's not exactly the best. I've always been a fan of his more well-known look:

No Caption Provided

So much better!

The new look is so...random...boring...too much Wildstorm, not enough Kirby...

kuma_far

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By kuma_far

I dont like it

MrErbac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By MrErbac

Darkseid has always looked bada** despite the dull tunic. But now he's got a bada** armored up suit. It looks cool. I like the new look. It's like Omega Darkseid.

monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By monarch2016

alot better than before and alot better than Apocalypse

and btw the art is fantastic

Herx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By Herx

Going with what Fansasgasmic said in prefering the Bruce Timm's Darkseid look from the last episode of JLU. Also not a big fan of the shoulderpads. I personally didnt think that Darkseid needed a designe upgrade at all really. He used to wear that dark regal-ish tunic, no armour or any thing of the sort which really showed him as a ruler (which in truth he is) who desn't have to lift a finger to have his bidding be doen, but at the same time we knew that he could oblitirate you with a glimer of his eyes. In the above, there seems to be a bit to much going on. The armoured look makes it look like he's looking for a fight, turnig up onto planates and proclaming "I'm going to conquor you now", rather than "Conquor? why would i do something that i've already done". It seems to take away that confident look about him. Sure compaired to most of the redesignes its not bad (appart from the shoulder pads.... geeee Jim, why) but it dose seem to send out a message that he's less sophisticated than he is, sort of lowering him on the villain level a bit.

Master_Of_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#109  Edited By Master_Of_Evil

looks okay i still prefer how Kirby drew him

KingofMadCows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By KingofMadCows

I don't know, why did they give him that armor? Darkseid does not sully his hands with combat unless it is absolutely necessary.

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By GREGalicious

I like the look...tho imo he looks a little like APOCALYPSE.

slick23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#112  Edited By slick23

take away the nech armor then ill say it looks good.

superbatprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By superbatprime

Too ornate... Darkseid was cool because of the simplicity of his design, austere, bleak and without frills plus it was nice and easy for other artists to keep him consistent which I gotta say is something all the N52 redesigns are gonna have trouble with down the road.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By DEGRAAF

i like both the new and the old looks. I would want him too look like his old way when he isnt in battle but look like the new one when he is armored and in battle

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.