Can Darkseid Fly?

#1 Posted by MrDirector786 (43371 posts) - - Show Bio

In Superman/Batman Apocalypse, I saw Darkseid actually fly. But in every comic I've read with him in it I've never really seen him fly (which is kind of a shame because he's a skyfather level being and he's never even shown that he could fly). So can anyone tell me if they've seen him actually fly in the comics?

#2 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid cannot fly and I don't remember him flying in the movie... which part was it?

#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

He can levitate himself with his telekinetic abilities.

#4 Posted by Nick-SV(ril) (565 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hunter114:

You know what I love on Darkseid. The whole place gets leveled around him, and he just walks with his hands behind his back unbothered.
#5 Posted by warlord1234 (1259 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786:  He was able to fly in return of the new gods but the thing was it did not suit him.
#6 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@warlord1234 said:
" @MrDirector786:  He was able to fly in return of the new gods but the thing was it did not suit him. "
Agreed. That was pretty goofy.

Darkseid can levitate under his own power, and has done so on numerous occasions.

Yes, it's from countdown, but ignore that. : )
#7 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom: Wasn't most of the Countdown retconned? I think I heard something like that.
#8 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: Yes and no. It is officially still part of canon, but the writers are trying their best to just forget about it. For Final Crisis, Grant Morrison has stated that any New God appearing in Countdown and its tie-ins was actually an avatar (picture above included), while the actual Gods were busy waging war on each other in another dimension.  It's all rather a mess. Like everything else Countdown related.
#9 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom: It definitely sounds like a mess. Thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.