Follow

Darkseid

Character » Darkseid appears in 1531 issues.

Uxas, famously known as Darkseid, is the supreme monarch of the ecumenopolis, Apokolips. Widely regarded as one of the Justice League's worst adversaries, the greatest enemy of New Genesis and one of the biggest threats to the DC Multiverse, he seeks to bend everything to his will and remake the cosmos in his image, while searching for the Anti-Life Equation, an equation which seemingly consists of immense power that has the potential to dominate all life in the DC Multiverse.

A bit of a philosophical question

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Herokiller12344

If everyone living under Darkseid worships him and is somewhat happy to have him around, then does he really count as a god of tyranny? I mean what is evil, tyranny and injustice when that's all you've ever known?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Veshark

If everyone living under Darkseid worships him and is somewhat happy to have him around, then does he really count as a god of tyranny? I mean what is evil, tyranny and injustice when that's all you've ever known?

I think that's the idea of tyranny. Because you're not given the choice of whether or not you want to worship him.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BlackWind

@veshark: Not to mwntion when Darkseid isn't conquering worlds or recording a new track with Ice Cube, he sits on a couch and oversees the enslavement of new servants and gives a soul breaking speech.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Tyranny and injustice aren't things that only exist in comparison.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@veshark:

Good answer. But just one thing:

When you say "You think" are you being condescending or serious?

O_o. I'm being serious. I'm not sure how that came across as condescending?

@veshark: Not to mwntion when Darkseid isn't conquering worlds or recording a new track with Ice Cube, he sits on a couch and oversees the enslavement of new servants and gives a soul breaking speech.

"Natural-Born Killers Part 2" - Ice Cube ft. Darkseid, off the upcoming album ApoKKKolips.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.