Who else likes Darkhawk?

#1 Posted by rbysjti (10690 posts) - - Show Bio

The first time I saw him on my trading cards ( Iforgot what series that was but the first card numbered 1 was Spiderman), I already like him. The outfit is cool and I know he has a great personality though i don't know him.

I know he's not a mutant. His story is also a bit puzzling especially when it comes to his costume.

Darkhawk is one of my primary group of favorite characters in Marvel Comics, aside from Storm, Apocalypse and Penance.

#2 Posted by rbysjti (10690 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess, i'm the only one who likes him. :(

#3 Posted by Ripcord (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkhawk is cool. They just let him fade into nothing. He could have been really good, but marvel ran out of ideas for him.

#4 Posted by JMAN1975 (224 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish Marvel would do something w/him. In one of his issues he went to the 2099 universe and found out that he was referred to as the Powell, who was the most feared & powerful person in that universe. When he was in Marvel Team-Up he headed the Losers & was their leader.

I get that Marvel chagned him back to his original armor so people would know who he was. Fine but I haven't heard any referrance to Osch, the ship that holds his body while he is in the Darkhawk armor.

The questions I still have on this character are:

What does the face look like under the helmet?

What happened to the other Darkhawk Armors? There was 5 Darkhawks armor. You have Darkhawk, Evilhawk, Overhawk & Portal's armor, where is the 5th?

#5 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

darkhawk is cool

#6 Posted by Maxwell64 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks pretty cool.

#7 Posted by reaper75 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

was always one of my favorites cannot wait for Nova 18

#8 Posted by rbysjti (10690 posts) - - Show Bio

OH well, at least I'm not alone. He's in my personal  top 5  favorite characters in Marvel Comics.

#9 Posted by reaper75 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

when this book came out i bought it then and was riveted to Darkhawk.  As the years have passed Marvel was not exactly freindly or willing for growth of him or sleepwalker.   last couple of years have been different and ever since Nova and news of major plans to reenergize Darkhawk into a major marvelpowerhouse.  I for one am extatic over the develpmental turn that Marvel is pushing  for the ebon hawk of the night.

#10 Posted by DeadPool Man (28 posts) - - Show Bio

NightWing rip off

#11 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

DeadPool Man said:
"

NightWing rip off

"

imao

I wonder if War of kings will do for Darkhawk the same it did for Nova annihilation
#12 Posted by CM9 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

why is black bolt on his enemy list?

#13 Posted by NunoXEI (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm HOPING War of Kings will bring DH back! I just noticed recently that War of Kings: Ascension is also predominantly focused on Darkhawk's part in WoKs... soooo ... giggidy!
That is all!

#14 Posted by rbysjti (10690 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully!",)

Chris Powell rocks!

#15 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio
DeadPool Man said:
"

NightWing rip off

"
Lol. Not at all.
#16 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVE DARKHAWK!!! i have everyone of his comics....hes a sleeper son, marvel needs to give me a push

#17 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

He is a little underrated.

#18 Posted by BlueLantern (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked him when he first came out in comics. I almost got the whole series. A bunch of them anyways specialy the first 10 comics somewhere.

#19 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio
The Hottness said:
"I LOVE DARKHAWK!!! i have everyone of his comics....hes a sleeper son, marvel needs to give me a push"
me too man I totally agree with you. He was the first hero that I actually followed through all of his comics and showings he was awesome.
#20 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Ripcord said:
"

Darkhawk is cool. They just let him fade into nothing. He could have been really good, but marvel ran out of ideas for him.

"

I hear his story never peaks and is great from beginning to end so it's better than him getting put into BS arcs. *coughs*Bleach*coughs* I want to check out Darkhawk one of these days.
#21 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Darkhawk. Iread a couple of his stories back in tha 90s. Oe in particular that involved Venom.

#22 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

DarkHawk is awesome, but after his book got canceled some authors have messed him up. He went back to his original armor and there was no explanation for it. Than he became slightly mentally unstable and prone to fits of rage when transformed into his Darkhawk form. Hopefully War of Kings will fill in the missing pieces for DarkHawk

#23 Posted by grkpektis (141 posts) - - Show Bio

I never read any darkhawk comics until recently.  Now I love them.  I hope he gets his own series after WoK

#24 Posted by rbysjti (10690 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Darkhawk show sup again and join either Avengers or X-Men so Archangel and him could get along, i guess.",)

Darhawk

#25 Posted by CATMANEXE--defunct (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

eh? he's in a book, and sometimes two a month. thats where most of those pictures came from.
he's progressing through a big story coming into focus about the Fraternity.

#26 Posted by rbysjti (10690 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
"eh? he's in a book, and sometimes two a month. thats where most of those pictures came from. he's progressing through a big story coming into focus about the Fraternity. "

@rbysjti said:
"I hope Darkhawk show sup again and join either Avengers or X-Men so Archangel and him could get along, i guess.",)

Darhawk

"

that's great to know
#27 Posted by drkhwk2001 (4417 posts) - - Show Bio

If you can tell, I absolutely love Darkhawk! 
#28 Posted by DeathDefyingDevil (722 posts) - - Show Bio
@rbysjti:
he is a pretty rad character
#29 Posted by davidkenneth (434 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter:
Yeah it will esspecially when you see his new upgrades
#30 Posted by ReverseNegative (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he's pretty cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.