Follow

Darkhawk

Character » Darkhawk appears in 377 issues.

As a teenager, Chris Powell discovered an amulet allowing him to don the alien armor of Darkhawk. Belonging to an ancient sect of Shi'ar assassins known as the Fraternity of Raptors, it provides immense protective and fighting power to its wearer along with access to its Datasong which grants the ability to access memories and possible future outcomes of events.

How fast can Darkhawk fly?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jhazzroucher

Whenever I see him flying, it looks like he doesn't fly fast. But I'm just making a guess. So how fast can he really fly?

Tone702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Tone702

He doesn't he glides on air currents. According to marvel.wikia (so take it with a grain of salt) he can go at speeds that allow him to NY to LA in just a few hours.

Dangledeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dangledeez

I'm not sure about that answer Tone702 at least anymore anyways. In Darkhawk's early days as a hero he used a grappling hook and would glide yes but now with his new found ability to use different armor suits I thought I remember him flying but don't quote me on that. Also maybe its just me but I guess it doesn't make sense if he supposedly belongs to a secret group called the Fraternity of Raptors that's purpose was guarding the universe back in the day and yet couldn't fly for some reason?? I suppose that could get filed under mysteries we still don't understand about the DK. I for one am still curious to see what's under the helmet.

Well here are the comics that I read which hinted to me at least the possibility of flight. War of Kings Darkhawk 1 and 2

http://www.comicvine.com/war-of-kings-darkhawk-haunted/37-151132/

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: it depends on which armor he uses he has a armor that's built for speed but his base armor can fly but not at incredible speeds but who knows when he uses his base armor he just got so he has no clue how to use it nor accesses it's abilities but by the time we are at realm of kings he has a good understanding of it but still has a lot to learn.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: if u read war of kings u will see that Chris didn't understand how to use the armor but he can fly really fast and even teleport

Symlen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbadwolfx0 said:

@jhazzroucher: if u read war of kings u will see that Chris didn't understand how to use the armor but he can fly really fast and even teleport

This is truth, before Chris could only glide on air currents but he eventually learned to fly at subsonic speeds the more he used the Raptor Android to his benefit. But now he can easily break light speed in order to breach planetary escape velocities, he used to be able to teleport via stargate to/from the negative zone and back to shorten distances between intergalactic expanses. But he lost that with the re-visitation of his character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.